Sims YouTubers #3 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched Vixella's Sims Summit recap and I thought she did a good job. The video is under 10 minutes. She explained what was talked about without sounded like she was talking to a child.

Reactions: 2
Omg y’all. Folks were not kidding about that video. It was like a mansplainathon. I had to stop before 5 minutes, because I started to feel like I was still married.
This is hilarious.

Also yes! James has a lot of simps in this forum, and to be fair, he's probably my favourite simstuber (because callmekevin doesn't count). But even still, he sometimes has this off putting like, snarky or arrogant vibe. Or stubborn, or something. He just occasionally says things that rub me the wrong way

Reactions: 9
I like James but I like I said his Sims summit video was really condescending and annoying. I admit I haven't watched anyone else's video on it mainly because I don't need it explaining to me again and I know I'll just get annoyed again.
I noticed Kayla has already started the explain it to me like I'm 5 tips for beginners videos for the new players. Which is great for new players but I'm not a new player and while I appreciate that there is going to be a lot of people needing help I hope that at least some videos the Sims tubers make are not just made to cater for new players. Like remember the people who have watched you for years Kayla you cannot be alienating your original audience.

Reactions: 4
Does Deli know that most people don't spend 50$ on mascara or powder... ? 👀 On the video she says "I hope it helps you". Well no it doesn't Deli because I wear 6-euro Maybelline tit 👁👄👁
"Hey guys! After a lifetime of buying high-end makeup due to my aversion to cheap stuff, I have made a discovery... Did you know that less expensive makeup might even be as good as expensive makeup? Who knew! They should make YouTube videos about this!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Carl from Carl’s guides manages to recap the whole summit in under 4 minutes. It can be done. Perhaps James and Deli were having a contest to see who could appear more condescending?
A few reaction videos have popped up on my YouTube but they are on Average about 15 minutes and that’s the entire summit being discussed.

Reactions: 3
I just watched Vixella's Sims Summit recap and I thought she did a good job. The video is under 10 minutes. She explained what was talked about without sounded like she was talking to a child.
In terms of covering the news, she’s late. Anyone keeping up with Sims content has already seen it somewhere else.
Also, “I manifested The Sims 5”? Thank you, Sasha, for bestowing upon us such a blessing. And how ingenious of you to call it Project Renesmee! You’re definitely not like the other girls!

Edit: sorry for all the sarcasm, I guess I’m feeling extra snarky today

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It seems like most of them are forgetting that they were insisting that there was no way they were announcing the Sims 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
5E8AE2F6-6FF6-4185-B575-6BB6B018462A.jpeg

Ah yes, all the more reason for those base game only builds with the ugly brown base game couch and that one terracotta pot plant.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was just looking through delis recent view counts, and I decided to watch a vid she posted three weeks ago where she rebuilds James first ever build. I skipped to the part where he is in it and - omg. It's so awkward. They're just bickering constantly. It doesn't seem like they even like each other, it's hard to watch. Also deli does such a half ass job it's hard for James to even find compliments haha.
It would be so weird to be in a relationship with another Simstuber. I think it'd be great if you were a Sims tuber and your partner was a youtuber of a different genre, because then you'd both understand the online lifestyle, then at the end of the day you could discuss work and presumably have a lot to talk about. Whereas when you're both Simstubers, it'd seem great at first, but at some point there's gotta be diminishing returns, where you're so sick of playing the game all day, then all your partner does is play the game too. It would drive a person crazy
Also there's thunderstorms in Melbourne now for the next like, ten days. I wonder if deli will use the wild weather somehow as an excuse not to work - even though it's the perfect excuse to be inside and play Sims (that's what I'm doing this weekend lol).

Reactions: 8
Does Deli know that most people don't spend 50$ on mascara or powder... ? 👀 On the video she says "I hope it helps you". Well no it doesn't Deli because I wear 6-euro Maybelline tit 👁👄👁
I hate that mascara so much it’s such bad quality

Reactions: 1
View attachment 1670074
swear she's already made this exact video
It's getting really obvious she has nothing new to talk about with the sims 4. She made a museum video recently and she's been saying museums are boring even though everyone already knows that. That point along with the Bella Goth disappearance, Generations being the best pack ever, and Bonehilda are some of the same talking points she cycles through when talking about the Sims. It's pretty blatant that she's gotten lazy or uninspired but still wants ad revenue so she reuses the same topics constantly.

It's getting really obvious she has nothing new to talk about with the sims 4. She made a museum video recently and she's been saying museums are boring even though everyone already knows that. That point along with the Bella Goth disappearance, Generations being the best pack ever, and Bonehilda are some of the same talking points she cycles through when talking about the Sims. It's pretty blatant that she's gotten lazy or uninspired but still wants ad revenue so she reuses the same topics constantly.
i feel like sims content is so stale now, it just feels like i'm watching the same 3 video ideas repackaged

Reactions: 8
It was the first video I clicked of hers in a while as I thought it was an interesting title but I clicked off half way through :(

All sims youtuber content is becoming so boring

^ she missed off some deaths too 😂 and she cheated half of them cos she couldn’t figure out how to make them happen.
I see Kayla made yet ANOTHER video on the sims 5 today or “the sim 5” as the thumbnail says. Didn’t watch it, can’t stand being spoken to like a 5 year old but if anyone did watch it… how has she managed to make another video on the 5 seconds of footage we got in the stream??

I did watch Kelsey’s newest NSB but once again I couldn’t tell you what happened in it. I think she picked a bunch of sims made by viewers so her sim could date them. I feel like we need to make a Kelsey bingo card 😂

Reactions: 3
Deligracy has been in full "preparing for Christmas" mode this weekend and I'd like to say some nice things first. Props to her for actually finding something more fulfilling than mindless online browsing. Last Christmas she said she doesn't like the consumerism aspect of Christmas and the fact that you have to buy presents for everybody. She said home-made presents are more meaningful. I have nothing bad to say about this, in fact I often do home-made stuff myself.

However, if you look back on some of Deli's gift-related videos, you will notice the following:

1) She is usually a "cheap" gift-giver, compared to the gifts she gets or buys for herself. In fact, over 50% of her gifts are just Happy Socks. Nothing against socks, we all need them, but I find it funny how Consumerism-Is-Bad Deli is only present when she has to buy gifts for others, even though a huge part of what she puts out there is her either buying expensive stuff, planning to buy something expensive, tagging brands, making mood boards and pining over expensive versions of stuff she could find cheaper.

2) If she did spend more on a gift than socks, she won't forget to mention it, as if it was a bigger sacrifice than what she was willing to make.

3) In her 2019 Christmas vlog, you can hear her say that her family didn't get her any presents for Christmas because "she already bought quite a lot of gifts for herself this year". To me, this signals that her "I want this thing so bad, but it's soooor expensive" *cue martyr face* is something she does around her family as well, probably until someone caves in and gives her the money. Never mind that Deli wouldn't look at anything under $200, but makes it seem as if she's Poor-Deli-Who-Can't-Even-Afford-a-T-shirt.

From what we were able to see over the years, Deli got some expensive gifts in the form of shoes, bags and what not. James rented a cabin with that whole gluten-free menu, flowers, wine tasting and fancy picnic for her birthday. When it came to James' birthday, Deli contemplated getting James an olive oil decanter that she wanted for herself. Let us not forget her eating the Valentine's Day muffin she got for him and them baking that replacement muffin that...was what it was.

Like I said, I think thoughtful, home-made gifts are great and I love that she decided to get more into this. But it's kind of hypocritical, with everything we witness Treat-Yourself-Deli buying, to preach all about her anti-consumerism stance only when it comes to spending money for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.