Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, I've read multiple people here saying she should go to the doctor for her periods : she totally could, but she doesn't, because I think she doesn't have any real issue with her periods and she knows that. She just likes to complain and she won't acknowledge people who tell her to go see a doctor. OR she actually went to one and didn't tell her followers about it (and she shares everything...) and she just has a low tolerance for pain etc.
I'm sure she gets painful cramps like most of us and periods do suck in general. But is she completely unaware of her privilege? She reminds me of celebrities singing "Imagine" at the beginning of the pandemic.
A woman who's on her period and goes to work every day has to act like it's any other day, be productive and in a good mood even though she's in pain, uncomfortable and extra tired. The constant worry that you might be leaking. The cramps that hit you in the worst possible moment. Some of them stand or are on the move all day. Some of them do jobs that require extra concentration or physical work. A lot of them have to pick up their kids after work, make lunch, go shopping, do housework. Deli doesn't even have to get out of bed that day. She should tone down the martyr act.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I CALLED IT. I KNOW NO ONE CARES BUT I DID 😂

View attachment 1527219
Because the clickbait got all the views it was going to get and she either got angry comments about being tricked or she wanted to cover her butt and say that it always said mod. I didn't expect Deli to copy Pixelade's content strategy, but birds of a clickbait feather flock together. Why put effort into making good content when you can just trick people to watch it?

Reactions: 1
2145F008-AD41-4654-889E-613B23FF5473.jpeg

Is this supposed to be a challenge? She uses CC and a color-changer mod. Not really a problem making everything match when you can literally recolor it.

Also, is it that hard to find a wheel that REMOVES the option that has already been picked? Especially when there’s so little of them. James knows how to do it, Lilsimsie and DrGluon as well. She kept getting the same colors over and over again, when there’s James in the next room and can just link her a better wheel. It bothers me more than it should that there's always something low-effort about her videos.

Reactions: 5
First time commenter -- glad I found this page! I haven't watched Deli in 5+ years, and I can't believe how much worse she's gotten when it comes to making a big deal out of her period, when so many of us have painful periods and still have to work. I'm not sure if she wants children, but god...imagine how obnoxious she'd be about being pregnant.

Reactions: 5
On a different note, what do we think about FakeGamerGirl uploading whatever she wants? Honestly, it is very hard to go from a focused game channel to an variety one. It's not impossible but I know of very few channels who have done it successfully. As someone who is disabled, I understand where she is coming from BUT it is only going to get harder from here. Making a successful Sims gaming channel is like pushing a massive boulder uphill. Turning a Sims channel into a variety channel and making it successful is like pushing a mountain up a bigger mountain. Best of luck to her.
I'm actually pretty excited to see where she goes from this, I'm more likely to watch her videos if she diversifies

I wonder how many of us found this page by googling "deligracy annoying" 🤭
Me! But I've had a roundabout way of getting here. I used to read a thread on atrl, but unfortunately now you have to log in to view it. If you don't know about this site, you can't just make an account, you have to wait for them to open accounts and be accepted to the elite forum. I've read it has to do with server capacity and the owners not wanting to buy more servers. :rolleyes: Then I read on Guru Gossiper and that kind of fizzled out, as well as threads on Lipstick Jungle, so I found my way here. I much prefer tattle tbh.

Reactions: 2
I started watching Deli’s new vid but she literally mentions being on her period in the first few seconds and I closed the video 😂

Like girl please I just worked an 8 hour retail shift on my feet the whole time all the while having very bad cramps but I still had to smile and be helpful to customers, I couldn’t just sit at home and complain about it

Reactions: 10
I'm watching Deligracy's Q&A video. It's her second one regarding her fitness/new healthy lifestyle and I personally find it cringe how in both videos she says that she "won't talk about weight loss because I don't want this video to be triggering". :rolleyes:

She also says that weight loss wasn't her goal... Okayy I get that your goal was getting back into exercising and healthier nutrition but I mean it still means one of your goals was weight loss. She said herself that she wasn't comfortable in her body anymore and she was wearing a lot of oversized hoodies. There's nothing shameful about wanting to lose weight... I don't get it.

Reactions: 4
She also says that weight loss wasn't her goal
That's just something people say that's not entirely true. She obviously enjoys sharing her body with the public now. I doubt she would be posting photos of her body almost daily if she didn't manage to lose any weight in the process. There's no shame in wanting to look good. In fact, her PT's page is all full of before/after photos, which is probably what made her decide to go with that program in the first place.

I think the focus on "why" is good. However, she said one of her main „whys“ was to be more productive at her job. Yet she's only been less productive. She says if you write down the stuff you want/have to do, it can be easier to make them happen, and shows the photo of her board with her waking and sleeping hours. Why doesn't she then write down on that same board "film and edit a video" Mon-Fri, like she claims is her weekly goal?

She also says you "don't have to become a health guru or anything like that" when you start taking care of your health, but she basically made herself the poster child for a holistic health journey, she buys into every healthy/organic trend and even nicknamed herself „an organic queen“.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
0B7E6FD5-BB4D-4904-81F1-C7220BAF2018.png
she only managed 3 episodes in over a month of her highly anticipated and talked about and apparently super planned LP before she’s putting it off with nonsense like this 😖😖 she’ll TRY tomorrow guys. cause it’s just too hard sometimes to play a game for a few hours

• Haha
she only managed 3 episodes in over a month of her highly anticipated and talked about and apparently super planned LP before she’s putting it off with nonsense like this 😖😖 she’ll TRY tomorrow guys. cause it’s just too hard sometimes to play a game for a few hours
Ooo, that "felt like it" mentality is a slippery slope. It's easy to get into, but very difficult to get out of. I haven't "felt like" working in I don't know how long but you know what, I get up, deal with my pain and get on with it. Must be nice to have so much money that you can only work when you feel like it. Willpower gets you through when Motivation won't. Unfortunately, the only willpower Deli has is "will I work today?"

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That's just something people say that's not entirely true. She obviously enjoys sharing her body with the public now. I doubt she would be posting photos of her body almost daily if she didn't manage to lose any weight in the process. There's no shame in wanting to look good.
She even said the first reason why she wanted to change was for her looks

I ended up watching the full video and I literally learned nothing... I was expecting more advice and motivation coming FROM HER, like motivating us by showing us how good she feels and looks now.

Ooo, that "felt like it" mentality is a slippery slope. It's easy to get into, but very difficult to get out of. I haven't "felt like" working in I don't know how long but you know what, I get up, deal with my pain and get on with it. Must be nice to have so much money that you can only work when you feel like it. Willpower gets you through when Motivation won't. Unfortunately, the only willpower Deli has is "will I work today?"
She says in her video that you have to learn to be kind to yourself and "expect less of yourself" (which I found funny) and to be satisfied with doing even a little bit. I totally agree with that in terms of being less harsh on yourself for some things... but it feels like she's taking that advice for her career too 🤭

Deli is being a very typical content creator In the sims community at least. She seems to have forgotten that compared to most she has it very easy. A lot of streamers will not se
I'm watching Deligracy's Q&A video. It's her second one regarding her fitness/new healthy lifestyle and I personally find it cringe how in both videos she says that she "won't talk about weight loss because I don't want this video to be triggering". :rolleyes:

She also says that weight loss wasn't her goal... Okayy I get that your goal was getting back into exercising and healthier nutrition but I mean it still means one of your goals was weight loss. She said herself that she wasn't comfortable in her body anymore and she was wearing a lot of oversized hoodies. There's nothing shameful about wanting to lose weight... I don't get it.
To give Deli some credit here, if you have an eating disorder weight loss talk can be extremely triggering, particularly if there is talk of numbers. Had Deli said ”I wanted to lose 6kg” that could be very triggering for anyone struggling with an Eating Disorder. For a regular person there is nothing shameful about losing weight but if you have an ED it’s a very different mindset.

This is a bit off topic but all this period talk has got me wondering if anyone else can see periods being a feature in Sims 5? Especially with the new body hair updates I wouldn't be surprised if it's something they include. Not seeing this as a positive or a negative just curious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.