Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else watch Fantayzia? I like her content but I swear she has an obsession with crabs and STDs it's a storyline in every other video
Sounds to me like her content is a bit stale and the only thing she has going for her is whatever mod adds that to her gameplay. Deli did that too, titling a video that James gave her the clap, in her Dream Life LP. I'm sure James was thrilled with that title. Also, if that is the only interesting thing going on in your LP, you might be doing it wrong.

0951C94F-2448-45B3-9A54-F59120058EE9.jpeg

This video could have been uploaded a couple of years ago and I honestly wouldn’t be able to tell a difference. I feel like I’ve seen this house already several times, they are all so similar.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh my god, I knew that she recycled ideas but DAMN! Same thing, straight down to the pose/facial expressions. I don't watch Lilsimsie but HOW do people not notice? Oh wait, she's got her little minions attacking anyone who says anything bad or constructive about her. That's how no one says anything. No wonder her channel is making the same monthly views this year, as last year, she's has ZERO new ideas. Her channel is basically Blue Suburban Syndrome at this point, same thing over and over, with a slightly different variation.

Reactions: 2
They all do it though, I've seen Plumbella investigate the Mystery of Bella Goth and the Forbidden Expansion Pack of Sims 1 at least 3 times now.

I mean, it is fun to try tiny homes with each new pack that comes out, see if you can squeeze that new toilet or fridge into an even smaller space than you could previously, but at least shake up the style a bit. Do a tiny Swiss chalet, or an ultramodern city tiny-house, or a recycled eco tiny-house...

Reactions: 7
Ah, right when I was bored, a new Deli vlog...

Personal taste but I absolutely hate their new TV furniture or whatever it's called. Also the tv is tilted, FIX IT, FIX IT !!!
View attachment 1416299

They added a wardrobe to the guest bedroom but she's saying that HER stuff will go in there because there's not enough space for her thing in their wardrobe (remember, the wardrobe that they JUST had built in ???). She herself adds a "#logic" to that bit, yeahhh... After watching the entire video, I can tell you she has a lot of clothes.

Notice the fucked up flooring ? They had the wardrobe built in BEFORE changing the flooring, so now I guess they (or the workers...) will have to remove it all and put it all back after ?? #LOGIC
View attachment 1416305

Also, this is completely off topic, but she mentioned watching Home Alone for Christmas for the 20th time and it reminded me of something from a while ago : during one of her vlogs, she was watching the movie The Holiday and saying it was like her second favourite movie, so at the time I was curious and watched it. It was, I'm not kidding, the worst bleeping movie I have ever seen in my entire life. The plot, the acting, the dialogues... Everything is so DUMB. I had a really hard time finishing the movie, I could not believe Deligracy has watched it MULTIPLE TIMES and enjoyed it and claims it as one of her favourite movies... :oops:

MOVING ON...

She's showing James' new office closet and they mention that the walls aren't painted yet and also need to be sanded... WHY would you not do that BEFORE building the damn shelves ?? I'm sorry but WHAT IS THIS. It's been 5 minutes and I'm already losing it here.
She says that she's happy James and her are taking care of that painting job because "it keeps you humble, keeps you working hard", whatever the heck that means, especially when they're been giving all the work to people ???
View attachment 1416327

My god, she's delusional. She's explaining how she's gonna organize her wardrobe and she says that the higher shelf will be for handbags and proceeds to say "don't except your chanel or louis vuitton bags up there because I don't have a designer handbag collection like you might see with other youtubers". Girl what are you even talking about, weren't you showing off a 2500$ handbag on instagram ? Don't you buy 200$ sweatshirts every other day ??? 500$ shoes from James ??? My god.

"There was a time a few years ago where I was really into leather but now I'm more conscious of how these clothes are sourced... so I don't really buy leather anymore... EXCEPT HERE AND THERE FOR CORE ITEMS" ??? And didn't she buy those ugly shoes made of lamb skin a few months back and is showing them all the time ?? She's killing me

She spent 10 minutes explaining how she organized her side of the wardrobe but then says she "won't bother James side"... It was kind of awkward, she either doesn't care because it's not about her, or James didn't want to show his stuff (understandable).

View attachment 1416349
She's all done with filling the wardrobe and explains that she's "really tired" from doing it. So that's the tiredness she's been feeling lately !! Ohhh poor Deligracy, working SO hard !!
She then talks about something else and then talks again about being "very tired" and even "really exhausted"... from moving stuff around the house when other people are actually doing all of the work.
Only the most ENTITLED and OUT OF TOUCH bleeping people say tit like "keeps you humble".... witch, stop it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Then what is it for? You said it was to get people to donate, so why upload it at all? There isn't a link to donate to the charity in the video description so uploading it was solely for profit. "OOO, look at me, I got Rick Astley to come on my stream." She's made money off of this content twice, on her stream reupload channel and then repurposed for her main channel. So much for "it's just for charity." What happened to just doing charity for the sake of doing good? Why do people need to monetize "charity"? Disgusting.
She uploads all of her streams so people can watch them if they miss them/aren’t on twitch. I think you’re looking more into it than is necessary. It’s just one stream/video.

Reactions: 9
Sounds to me like her content is a bit stale and the only thing she has going for her is whatever mod adds that to her gameplay. Deli did that too, titling a video that James gave her the clap, in her Dream Life LP. I'm sure James was thrilled with that title. Also, if that is the only interesting thing going on in your LP, you might be doing it wrong.
I wouldn't be so bothered with the mods alone (although like you said they are used for clicks or shock value a lot) but it's so odd to me because Fantayzia gives me the impression of having a younger audience (unicorn themed intro and she has a second channel for playing roblox) but also does these let's plays with themes of drugs, sex, STDs etc using wicked whims. It's like she's trying to make content for two audiences at once.

deligracys vlogs are literally and i mean LITERALLY all the exact same. every one of her videos goes like this - 1. house renovations (and by renovations i mean half a video taken up by nonsense they got tradespeople in for when they could have done the job themselves) this week was nearly 10 minutes of her walking around each room of her house showing the insides of bare wardrobes (yup just bare empty wardrobes FOR 10 MINUTES) then - 2. a bit of useless information about gardening and then - that’s it. thats how every single one of her vlogs goes hahaha. she has 11 videos and they’re all exactly the same

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Only the most ENTITLED and OUT OF TOUCH bleeping people say tit like "keeps you humble".... witch, stop it 🙄
Later on, she’s saying she had a therapy session that is psychologically draining so she tends the garden afterwards to feel better. That just sounds so privileged to me.

deligracys vlogs are literally and i mean LITERALLY all the exact same.
Most youtubers who don’t even have dedicated vlog channels have more variety in their vlogging than she does on her exclusively vlog channel. She often talks about how she loves “Australiana this and that”, yet we never even see any of Australia, its nature or culture.

Reactions: 9
We never even see any of Australia, its nature or culture.
I think it's a couple things. #1 she's afraid of people finding her address. James has been on her case for a while about being careful. #2 She never goes anywhere to show us anything. She could go on day trip, miles from her house, but she doesn't. She could go to a nondescript beach/a chain store/a garden center, never show the outside and we'd never know where she was. If she is worried about people looking at her weird vlogging in public, she could pay $100 for a nice pair of spy glasses or invest in a go pro and a harness/holder. There are lots of ways to do this but she has to WANT to do it first. Vlogging in her house is convenient and easy. She doesn't have to get dressed and can vlog from the comfort of her couch.

Reactions: 6
I am not the best builder but is it just me or is lilsimsies roofing terrible. Are roofs supposed to look like that? And can some suggest a don't use those bloody couches and rug challenge to her and I dunno maybe try a new layout.

Reactions: 4
E9063179-F68B-4547-9D0F-8BBBDCFFA582.png
A362E818-C21A-4AE9-8359-F75F09B0331E.png
5FD32BBE-DB68-4CBF-ACE8-417ABBB584FA.png

Just a few people with some common sense. I really wanted to post a reaction too, but I don’t want to be botherd by her besties.

Reactions: 14
From a business point of view Kaylas approach to building makes no sense. Surely as a EA influencer she should be utilising stuff from other packs to show them off and convince idiots to buy them. She does it with kits all the time. In fact a month or do ago they all seemed to be doing a build with kits videos. I wondered if an email had been sent out to the content creator network to push kits. It's been 8 years of base game even if you only have base game there's only so many willow creek starter homes for 8 sims anyone needs. Plus who makes 8 sims to start a game with I reckon one or two is the average starter family.

Reactions: 6
View attachment 1418181View attachment 1418182View attachment 1418183

Just a few people with some common sense. I really wanted to post a reaction too, but I don’t want to be botherd by her besties.
I’m not defending her because I 100% agree. BUT I watch her streams and when she does builds on there its mind blowing how many sims kids comment asking her to build base game only, or limited packs. Which I understand that she still uses a lot of the same items/builds the same looking homes, but sims kids keep asking for it. When she does do different kinds of builds on stream and uses different items/swatches people make rude comments and will say stuff like “I hate that swatch.” She definitely shouldn’t read the comments because she hyper-fixates on the bad ones and makes it seem like EVERYONE is complaining, but people do still complain. I actually feel like she wants to branch out a little but sims kids are so opinionated and entitled that she’s almost scared to in a sense. She found what works and she’s just going to keep doing it instead of branching out I guess.

The chat on twitch streams is truelly a scary place. It's either entitled brats making rude comments or demanding that any builds are done exactly as they want or attention seekers determined to have the streamer mention them via any means necessary. It's all either my cat has the flu you have a cat notice me or its my birthday notice me etc or you suck lol or you look like your husband notice me being a dick lol. It's no wonder some creators focus on the negative. I also hate the over protective fans who jump in all guns blazing if someone dares to offer constructive criticism.

Reactions: 3
Let's see if she's still feeling tired on the 15th... 👀
She isn't exhausted anymore you guys. Thank you lord EA for healing Deligracy's terrible sickness 🙌

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 23-06-53 Abonnements - YouTube.png

On another note :

I think EA is gonna get backlash for the new free update.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 23-13-27 The Sims 4 High School Years is here!!! CAS review.png

Don't forget it took them 8 years to add this sexual orientation update. I find it a bit "strange" that they decided to add it with an highschool pack.

Why go through the trouble of being able to choose "feminine frame" and "masculine frame" and then add an update to be able to choose your pronouns... but then fail to add all of that to the sexual orientation part ?

I think some people are gonna feel left out and they're right, this doesn't make sense at all to me. I'm sorry but to me this is one more thing that shows that EA doesn't actually care about being inclusive and open-minded. This is a really dumb mistake and doesn't follow the choices they've been making the past few years...

Edit : Deligracy explains that they have a more in depth gender update in the work but that "it takes a while because otherwise it won't be done properly". DUDE it's not that hard ??? And the game has been out for EIGHT yearssssss. I mean in that case, they should just release the whole thing in one bit all together, not leave some people out !

------

My god, look at her views... The building tutorial videos are a huge flop. :oops: (the first video was 40k views)
Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 23-25-20 Deligracy.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Who knows what the gameplay for the Highschool pack will be like, but I just watched the build/buy overview for it that James Turner did and there's an absolute ton of really beautiful stuff in it, and an incredible amount of different swatches and patterns and styles. Not buying it until I see a ton of gameplay and read the comments on Reddit, and am already disappointed to hear the carnival/pier is just a bunch of rabbitholes, but...the art team went all out on the super on-trend bedroom designs for this, well done them.

Plus curved walls, windows you can climb out of and ivy trellises you can climb down, so I expect a video titled "I BUILT RAPUNZELS' TOWER FROM TANGLED" within the next fortnight, thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.