Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I managed to read the whole thing I didn't really understand the point he was trying to make it was so badly written and he lost any respect I may have had when he claimed EA had given him split personality I cannot even begin to say how wrong and inappropriate that statement is. Also calling yourself a sims community manager to imply that you work for EA directly when you are simply the manager of a website called the Sims community is a bit shady. I am in no way saying that EA is a great company far from it.
He very obviously has mental health issues, and I do feel some kind soul in real life should perhaps encourage him to step down as manager, even for a bit, and let some of the other employees run the site for a while, so he can get himself on an even keel again, hopefully.

One has to feel a little sorry for the poor EA employee tasked with handing out the Game Changer/freebies/news stuff though: you wouldn't really want to give an ungrateful and vipurative person any more goodies or contribute to his delusions by trying to rein him in when he flings spoilers all over the place. But at the same time, the headline "EA dumps community member from long-running collaborative programme due to mental health reasons" is really not a good one, yikes.

Reactions: 1

Raychieee

Chatty Member
I play long generational games and I'm just going to have my teens do teen stuff I'm not about to start a whole new family to send someone to prom. All the simstubers currently doing nsb or a short legacy or any legacy should have no problem incorporating it into a challenge or let's play. The problem is most of them don't want to put effort into regular content.

Scandiflowers

I do wish one of the big sims youtubers tried to elevate their content a bit and try new things. There’s a reason amphibious amphibian has blown up and why callmekevin’s sims videos do so well

Robot2350

Chatty Member
I get that they are fun to build but who plays in them? I've never seen anyone bust out a massive 8 bedroom mansion in their gameplay. To me, there isn't a point to build something so impractical you can't play in it. And don't get me started on the crap on the gallery that is just pretty set dressing to look at and you can't actually do anything with them. They get stupid amounts of downloads too, despite being unplayable, and all I want to know is #1 why do they build things that you can't play in and #2 why do so many people download them? It all feels like a huge waste of time but that just might be me.
I don't know if you classify this as a mansion but I did love the big house James made for his seasons sims I think it was. It was a beautiful build!

Belulah

VIP Member
Was Kelsey working for Buzzfeed in a different capacity before the hundred baby challenge?

anniemouse

VIP Member
I can't recall who asked the question sorry but what I like in a let's play is generational play where random things happen and the gameplay goes off on a tangent but doesn't feel orchestrated. So things like James sims dying at a party and everything that happened after that and his every lot challenge let's play. I do quite like lilsimsies short legacy but her pretending that she isn't doing things on purpose can be annoying. Not overly keen on the randomised sim videos or the can I make a house for 8 sims or can I make this house plan into a house on the sims. Cause yes you can it's a house plan its designed to be a house. A gerbil could do it.
As for the high school pack it has not been that buggy for me but I play on normal life span and have no mods. I did have the everyone is a celebrity and the inappropriate older sims asking out teens amd relatives thing. But I'm 10 gens in and my family tree is very broken so the game has no clue who.is related to who.
Those are the sort of videos I like to watch, I know I can (and do) play that way but I enjoy watching others do it too, especially if I’ve not really got time to play.
I haven’t played for a couple weeks but the High School pack seemed to be working okay for me too on normal lifespan with no mods.

VibingintheGarden

I feel like there’s only three High School LPs that I see On my YouTube feed. James, Deli and the English Simmer. It’s weird seeing creators like xurbansimsx completely ignoring the high school stuff and doing an unrelated LP.
I've heard from multiple creators that the pack is unplayable and they can't get it to work well enough to make content.

Lostcat

Chatty Member
From 4 days of early access:
James made 7.3 hrs or 440 mins of content
Deli made 2.46 hrs or 148 mins of content

And just for the record lilsimsie has made 3.1 hrs or 186 mins of content.
Plumbella made 1.15 hrs or 75 mins
Vixella has made 49 mins? I don't watch her and didnt watch these - did she have early access lol??

I mean more doesn't equal better... But still
James should probably have done a bit less, just for his own sake, his builds and first couple episodes of Let's Play were great, but the last couple episodes he looked a bit done in and visibly frustrated by the bugs he was encountering. And he is not the type who gets naffed off easily!

And Plumbella put up that her grandad died, so 100% understandable she has been low profile recently, poor lass.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
I don't know but when I was a kid I didn't have a house with a garden and a trampoline... 👀
I get what you're saying. :LOL:
I have to say though, from what I've noticed, Australian real estate is next-level in comparison to Europe. Especially in Melbourne, houses for sale have min. 3-4 bedrooms, a sizeable green backyard and are mostly fully renovated, new, airy and "clean", as Deli would say. Where I'm from, most houses for sale aren't renovated to be sold. Bedrooms usually have no ensuites, but in Australia it's the norm. The standard of living seems higher in Australia and I'm not even surprised about the prices.

It's too much work. There's a popular venn diagram that encompasses Good, Fast or Cheap. In content creation, let's change it to Good, Fast or Easy. You can't have all three, you can only have two. Good + Fast means it isn't easy. Easy + Good means it isn't fast. Fast + Easy means it isn't good.

Lilsimsie is on a perpetual content creation hamster wheel. She posts every single day, so whatever she makes has to be Fast and Easy. She picks her ideas on whatever she can slap together the fastest. Why learn a whole new style of building when you can just make the same house a thousand times? That's the problem with most big simmers, it's all about Fast + Easy and to hell with Good. "I only want to work 20 - 30 minutes a day and make thousands of dollars." That's why everyone is bored, no one wants to make anything worthwhile.
Not defending lilsimsie, because I totally agree. But I watch her live streams from time to time and sims kids always complain in the chat saying stuff like they wish it was base game only or that she always uses too many packs or that they want a starter home. It is super annoying because she already does SO much of that. I actually think she’s a better builder than we think, but she builds what these annoying sims kids want to see. Probably because it obviously works and they continue to watch her videos.

I am super curious to see how the future of the sims affects simmers careers. I know TS4 still has a few years of content coming out, and it’s safe to assume there will be a sims 5 at some point, but I’m sure there will be a few years of nothing in between.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
I wanna know what she is exhausted over? 😂 She barely films/streams so what else could she be doing?
She's been planning the renovation of her kitchen, it's a lot of work okay !! But it'll have to wait, because there's no money left !!

• Haha

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Deligracy complaining one more time about being tired, the usual stuff
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-41-30 Stories • Instagram.png
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-41-26 Stories • Instagram.png

This is a dumb petpeeve of mine but... I hate when people have decoration that don't make sense like random piles of books that they never touch or a full bookshelf full of only decor and decorative books (Deli has 2 shelves in her house and they're both like that). I'm talking about these piles that she has. Well I guess this one has more stuff than the one in the living room, but she buys these random big books like 100 BEAUTIFUL HOUSES and she piles them up. So weird to me lol.
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-39-07 Stories • Instagram.png

tropicanaorange

I’ve actually got pretty bored with werewolves LP’s tbh even though I enjoy the pack itself. The only one I’m enjoying is James’s but I always enjoy his videos anyway. I’m subbed to Deli but I don’t remember the last time I watched one of her videos.
Actually I clicked on the one she made for console players (I’m one of those) and saw how she basically condescended towards us and spread misinformation about us like we can’t use move objects cheats or alt place objects which we absolutely can lmao she also seemed to think we can’t use the gallery at all??? Which is not true, we just can’t see any builds/sims that use CC

anniemouse

VIP Member
They do play it, it's just that there isn't that much content in that pack after all. I think Deli's werewolf became an alpha and there's basically not much more to it. Since they all do let's plays that focus exclusively on the new pack and not integrate it with some other stuff that we have in the game, it gets old quickly.

You can see that people tune in at the beginning of every LP to see whether she put the same effort into setting up the story as she used to... and then the views quickly go downhill when they realize that she doesn't.

LP's need to have a base, not rely entirely on what the new pack offers. You either have to have some challenge involved (like rags to riches) or focus on storytelling and characters to keep people engaged. TS4 is not the type of game that writes its own stories, you have to create them.
James‘ Let’s plays are good because he does this.

Robot2350

Chatty Member
Do you think if James and Deli broke up, that Deli would start putting effort into her videos again or completely pivot to something else to save her channel?
Doubt it but maybe just so she can fund her expensive organic lifestyle.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Sorry backtracking a bit but re deli complaining about petrol prices like 'what are we gonna do about it???'
GIRL you live in MELBOURNE
with some of the best cheap public transport in the world!!! Ive lived in Melbourne for 10 years and have never owned or needed a car, and out of all my friends, only one has a car and that's coz she's rich af - she still never uses it. I've lived near the city, and way out in the burbs like deli and James do, same deal.
Thank you for the insight 😊