Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
First of all, wow she was so different, even her voice is not the same at all. I'm pretty sure she stopped this LP because it was too much work
Exactly, watching her content from a couple of years ago and now... the difference is stark.

I'll bet it's cause EA have used queer sims in their adverts for the game and she historically has done some really terrible representation of LGBT stories in her LPs
Now that you mention it, there was a character in her Hamptons LP who was a transvestite and I think there were some issues with pronouns Deli used... but that's nothing new. She says stupid things all the time, it's just that people are extra sensitive when it comes to gender and sexuality.

I think the real issue is that she's not ready to put in the work.

Reactions: 1

Charlene78

Chatty Member
That's just something people say that's not entirely true. She obviously enjoys sharing her body with the public now. I doubt she would be posting photos of her body almost daily if she didn't manage to lose any weight in the process. There's no shame in wanting to look good.
She even said the first reason why she wanted to change was for her looks

I ended up watching the full video and I literally learned nothing... I was expecting more advice and motivation coming FROM HER, like motivating us by showing us how good she feels and looks now.

Ooo, that "felt like it" mentality is a slippery slope. It's easy to get into, but very difficult to get out of. I haven't "felt like" working in I don't know how long but you know what, I get up, deal with my pain and get on with it. Must be nice to have so much money that you can only work when you feel like it. Willpower gets you through when Motivation won't. Unfortunately, the only willpower Deli has is "will I work today?"
She says in her video that you have to learn to be kind to yourself and "expect less of yourself" (which I found funny) and to be satisfied with doing even a little bit. I totally agree with that in terms of being less harsh on yourself for some things... but it feels like she's taking that advice for her career too 🤭

Elsybee

did deli replace the gay cheerleader Sydney with a straight footballer? or do they just happen to have the same sister?
Deli created a whole new family for her LP that just happens to look like the sims that came in the pack, but with a slightly lighter skin tone and hair color. She also gave the girl the same name. Apparently the name being the same was pointed out and she said she might change the name but apparently decided not to.

tropicanaorange

Yeah that’s it - the 100 baby challenge just started as a video on buzzfeed multiplayer but it did really well - looking at it the first video got 22m views, the second 11m, and she didn’t start going under one million views until episode like 45. Looks like it ended around the 330k mark, which is still very impressive. It must be the most successful sims series on YouTube to her credit.
Problem is it didn’t translate to her own channel. Looking at that she has one Sims video at 1m (gold digger), one just under (NSB episode 1).
Clare Siobhan’s NSB looks much more popular than Kelsey’s. First video 1.4million and even her final episodes have got 150k views. That’s a 10% retention - really impressive.
I feel like Kelsey’s isn’t as popular because she doesn’t post as often. Clare would pretty much post every other day whereas Kelsey only does 1 NSB episode a week and I personally don’t follow it as much because by time a new episode comes out, I’ve forgotten what even happened in the last one.

also Clare’s sims all have different personalities and stories and Kelsey’s are all “sweet baby angels” who always have a million people begging to be their best friends and they can never do anything wrong and also she doesn’t follow the rules properly anyway 😂

DietGossip

VIP Member
The way EA pumps out packs is KILLING the Let's Play, everyone ends them far too early to get to the next pack. I wish there was a way they could work new content into one big Let's Play- like doing a Legacy Challenge that can span multiple packs/expansions rather than just quitting after a month or two

Robot2350

Chatty Member
Decided to check in on steph0sims's patreon and after 2 months all that's posted for members is a paranormal video that may or may not be finished (not paying to find out) and a love island villa which is unclear if available to download (again not paying to find out). Definitely worth $4.50 compared to cc creators that are actually consistent or other video creators with way more exclusive content and benefits. Also I just remembered she already has a membership option on YouTube, this makes the patreon feel like even more of a cashgrabView attachment 1449421View attachment 1449422View attachment 1449423
Why has she written cummed out instead of came out? 🤢

• Sick

tropicanaorange

Is whiny brit any good? I don't watch many any more as I can't stand them, used to love plumbella then I went off her after her Mr darcy phase! Anyone recommend any good ones? Another one I've watched recently is the sims lore which I just find interesting and calming to watch!
I personally love her videos, highly recommend her Barbie series, it’s hilarious!
If you like builders Syd Mac is very good and also Devon Bumpkin. I’ve also recently started watching Simsav!

Snackerdoodledoo

Question for everyone; do you think any small simmers you watch [under 50,000 subs] have what it takes to be the next large simmer?

The reason I ask is #1 if you are watching someone with this kind of quality, please share and #2 I went to college for research and I LOVE statistics and data. I've noticed some trends, like views being down, even with new releases and it being summer. Big simmers not sticking to schedules, taking extended time off, general disinterest in the game etc. and that tells me that there is room in the market for someone I've dubbed a "disrupter." A disrupter is simply someone who "comes out of no where" and changes the dynamics of the community. I'd love for someone, not game changer affiliated, to shoot to popularity and give the lazy game changers a run for their money. :ROFLMAO:

I've posted a list prior in this thread. But, yes, some of them COULD be the next big thing bc they're entertaining and consistent.... But they won't ever be bc no small channel is going to get that attention bc people are too far up the ass of the same 5 channels (seriously, look at any thread ever asking for reccomendations, it's the same 5-10 people over and over. No one ever shares small channels bc YT buries them. I had a bitch of a time finding half the ones I've shared. It's sad), also, most of them have families and other jobs, so they're prob never going to get up to where a FT YT is. Even if they're more consistent and far more creative with their stories. (even if half of them have done some combo of the trifecta of Sims challenges - 100 Baby, Disney Princess, not so berry 😂)

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Is it normal to use "they" when you're talking about one person (when you know who the person is) ? She started saying "she" for Savannah but at the end when showing her room she kept using "they" ("they love fashion", "their bathroom"). Or is this another non binary/trans fail where she's gonna misgender sims all along ?
I dunno if it is all over the world, but it's certainly a dialect option that pops up here and there. Certainly in bits of Scotlands West Coast it would not be unusual to say something like "I put those shoes in their bedroom this morning" when talking about a singular person who is not there at that moment, even when both speaker and listener know the gender of the person. Just a funny quirk of local speech that persists.

mermaidish

It’s funny because she’s inherently right, YT and other “glamorous” jobs often involve a lot of work behind the scenes. She’s so close to being self-aware, and yet…

Lara98

Chatty Member
View attachment 1537209

These videos appeared on my youtube feed one after another and the difference in views is astounding. Both were posted around 10 days ago. Yes, the nature of Whiny Brit’s video undoubtedly attracts more viewers, but Deligracy has more than one million subscribers compared to Whiny Brit’s 100k, yet Deligracy’s videos hardly ever reach 100k views.
Is whiny brit any good? I don't watch many any more as I can't stand them, used to love plumbella then I went off her after her Mr darcy phase! Anyone recommend any good ones? Another one I've watched recently is the sims lore which I just find interesting and calming to watch!

emerald

VIP Member
Yeah, Deli did a story time video about "having a threesome." Apparently she shared a bed with a female friend and in the middle of the night, that female
There’s shades of Holly Jervis here.

I've trained for years! I've gone out there and I've learnt the art of performance doing jobs I don't wanna do! But it means I get to wake up every damn morning and say I do what I love for a living! And getting paid to do it! Look at me, here's my stage - I'm Holly Jervis! And you've not heard anything like me!

I'd always wondered who your pfp was 😂😂😂

custosmorum

Chatty Member
DrGluon will be playing High School Years on the 15th, which means others get it then as well. Poor Deli, won't be able to capitalize on the early access momentum after waiting for a year to make a big new LP. Stupid tiredness.

• Haha

Charlene78

Chatty Member
The way EA pumps out packs is KILLING the Let's Play, everyone ends them far too early to get to the next pack. I wish there was a way they could work new content into one big Let's Play- like doing a Legacy Challenge that can span multiple packs/expansions rather than just quitting after a month or two
You either get a long af Let's Play (James' Cottage Living LP dragged on for 47 parts ; I'm not criticizing it, but I've seen people say it was getting too long) because they haven't released anything for a while OR you get the situation we're having right now, with two packs coming out "at the same time" and no time to play the werewolf pack.

Is it that bad though ? Because it reminds me of Deligracy, who posted on Instagram after a week of the werewolf pack being out, saying "I find myself not having much to do with this pack" (I think she posted it after she had released 2 or 3 LP videos). 😂

Lostcat

Chatty Member
People boycotted Journey to Batuu until it was on a 50% off sale. Same with My First Pet Stuff and many other controversial packs.
I would genuinely like to know what the numbers look like on Journey to Boring DisneyLand Attraction Pack and the My First Cashgrab Pack. Especially in comparison to the more beloved packs like Seasons or a well recieved stuff pack like Paranormal.

(god, how good is Paranormal as a stuff pack, you get a career, gorgeous furniture, loads of interactive things and additions to gameplay...I miss stuff packs like Paranormal)

my_gripes

I really don't have that impression of James so it's interesting to see how we all perceive people differently. I actually like watching his videos because he's the only one who approaches each pack analytically and not like a dumb child who cannot figure out how to "study for exam".
I have to say, though, the Deli/Bowser talk he picked up from Deli is making him look dumb ("ummz, me thinks" etc.)
Don’t forget “nooorrr”.