Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shooksimmer

She should’ve called it “I’m out of ideas”…

View attachment 1551330
I don't understand how her views are still doing relatively well. She still pulls 100-300k views per video the last few months even though she makes mediocre content and isn't even that engaging even to a child audience the way Clare is. Even Steph0sims puts some effort into her videos regardless of if I actually like them and only putting a video out once every few months. She still gains about 10k subscribers each month, but her views are slowly going down. Also in November 2019 she must have deleted a bunch of videos because it says -3 million views and 10,000 subscribers lost around January 2020. Was there some scandal with her I missed?

Reactions: 1

RJF

VIP Member
James is my favourite currently, though he is VERY guilty of stretching both individual videos and the Lets' Play series out for too long. I don't think he has one, but a good editor would chop every episode down to 30 mins of brisker gameplay and he'd be much the better for it. But he does have a pleasant speaking voice, knows his stuff, and always -very amusingly sometimes- plays through the repercussions of his choices (such as the utter chaos that resulted from his student loan choices in the old University Lets' Play, or his vampire having the fatal flaw of being instantly unlikeable, which made raising a family with happy children *very* difficult)
I agree with this. I also wish there was more chaotic spontaneity to his storylines (even if that requires a little bit of engineering).

For instance, I can’t remember the last time that a family member died through being struck by lightning or something. Besides the Eco Lifestyle LP, when was the last time a fire destroyed the whole house and he had to start over? There’s no drama or sense of threat in any of his stories.

Lara98

Chatty Member
I bought it. The only bug I've had so far is the random fame thing and my Sims needs go down really quickly I can start with full bars at 8am and my teen has a red energy bar by lunch to the point I have to nap to survive the day. I am playing rags to riches so my teen is living in the thrifty shop surviving by stealing chicken sliders that other customers leave. She sometimes sleeps at school but there's no food there. Sims child protective services should really be involved in all honesty haha. She joined cheerleaders but never goes because she always has detention for missing class due to sleeping. I quite like the side hustle thing She streams games from the library although we are not making much money which I like because it's realistic to struggle when you only have 12 followers.
Omg I love this idea, may have to try it myself in the game!

Snackerdoodledoo

Omg this is so accurate for so many influencers rn I can't hahahaha
And Plumbella seems so nice but hahaha this is her, overreacting to her green screen, her morning drink, dramas with her neice... Suburban sensationalism checks haha
Delis would be like suburban burnout lol
Yes, dear God. A lot of non Sims people too. I about died watching that. So real and hilarious 😂

I checked a couple stills from videos (her most recent one and random older ones up to 2020 ; pics are from most recent to oldest) and to me it doesn't look like her eyebrows have been lifted. On her Instagram reels and in her latest video she was raising her eyebrows. I feel like she's changed the way she plucks and draws her eyebrows multiple times. At one point she had them really thick and I think now they're actually shorter than before. She also lost a lot of weight so that would explain the cheeks being thinner. Either way, the Instagram reels were reallyyyy random lol...

View attachment 1408205
View attachment 1408208
View attachment 1408209
View attachment 1408211
View attachment 1408212
I thought it was the filter on the insta stories that made her look that way?

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Suspect a lot not playing today because the game update has royally gubbed everyone's save files.

Playing on long lifespan means every single Sim in the save game ages up every time you change lots or enter Create A Sim. Entire households and worlds are dead, its a Sims Mass Extinction Event. 😂

Dr Gluon uploaded a video killing everyone, so at least he had fun, suspect everyone else is waiting for a fix.
True there is that. It actually even broke my normal save file which is on console so it’s a right mess as per.

emerald

VIP Member
Again I don't watch Deli's content but I also don't get why we would need to see a sims youtuber's workout routine. It's very bizarre to me. She's not a lifestyle creator otherwise, is she?

shooksimmer

Any thoughts on the new way policy regarding cc paywalls. Apparently they changed the rules bc certain cc creators would lock content behind a permanent paywall and blatantly break the rules. Those creators also apparently added trackers to their files to see if anyone shared it and they can go fuck themselves. Of course this was a small minority of them doing that. I do feel bad for the creators that followed the rules but I don’t really feel like it’s right to monetize content for something you don’t even own in the first place. Especially bc a lot of cc creators use safari meshed and make a slight adjustment and then charge for early access. I just hope the modding community doesn’t die but there are still ways to get around it. Personally I don’t think anyone using someone else’s code and assets should be making enough money to live off of but maybe that’s just me.
E21A873E-C1EA-46D9-9F88-9F963C6EBB0D.png

Off topic - this didn’t remind me of plumbella but it did remind me of Amberlynn Reid if any of you are members of “haydur nation” 😂
Oh no, the water splashing and the over reaction is 100% how dainty gorl Amber would react. She just needed to add "naaaa" to the end of every sentence in a fake valley girl accent "OMG why is it literally brownaaaaa"

anniemouse

VIP Member
The problem with challenges is that Simmers put zero effort into them. Just look at the big simmers that have done 100 Baby or NSB and quit. The reason why they don't finish is because people get bored and stop watching. Yes, some people can turn challenges into really interesting content BUT most of the time they don't want to make the effort. "The game writes stories itself" only works, in my opinion, if you are playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. In the Sims 4, most simmers get into this loop of "go to work, make supper, go to bed" and will go for multiple episodes where nothing happens. No one wants to watch that, challenge or not.

I highly doubt My Wedding Stories will ever be fixed. Just add it to the pile of broken stuff, like Dine Out, Butlers, Doctor Career and toddlers.
That’s basically my gameplay, I get bored playing it never mind watching someone else.

Dead subscribers. Either the people subscribed don't use that channel anymore or are still subscribed but don't watch her videos anymore. There are a few channels I am still subscribed to even though I haven't clicked on a video in ages (Deligracy and Vixella come to mind). Especially because simmers used to collaborate more and be a smaller community but now with so many people with sims channels its more difficult for channels to keep viewers watching them over others especially when a lot of Sims content can be samey.
You're right, if I'm remembering correctly EnglishSimmer used to be more in the "inner circle" of sims youtubers with Lilsimsie, Plumbella etc and her channel was pretty popular. I'm sure theyre still friends but as you said there's not really one tight-knit group of creators anymore since the community has gotten bigger, maybe EnglishSimmer's viewership fell off a bit without that group supporting each other's channels as well as there being more variety. I know I'd forgotten about her channel until recently.

I don't mind her content though tbh, she seems quite down to earth and her videos are entertaining

Charlene78

Chatty Member
And yeah, she is 100% going for a sponsorship or discount of some kind! Honestly, I can't totally blame her for that, but it's giving me flashbacks to when she was desperately trying to get Pewdiepie's attention on Twitter a few years ago :LOL:
It's so funny, it's like "wow okay I don't make any money from my youtube channel anymore BUT I get free coffeeeee". She's always tagging the brands from random stuff like spices and drinks, it's a bit embarrassing 🤭

It reminds me of a story I read from someone who was trying to make it as an influencer and she would get free handbags/clothes but she was struggling to feed herself because she wasn't getting any money from influencing 💀

• Haha

tropicanaorange

I was watching Kelsey stream the other day and she was playing her HSY teen and she was talking about being a cheerleader and why am I NOT surprised 😂 she also said she went to an all girls catholic school

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I would not be shocked if plumbella had a burner account and took part in these kind of forums. I'm NOT saying she does and have no evidence that she ever did but just the way she is it would not shock me one bit.
Oh yeah I’m not shocked about or questioning that part. It’s the rest of it that’s unbelievable.

• Haha

Charlene78

Chatty Member
About Deli's vlog

She bought a kind of worm house for composting, I don't know that kind of worm house, but it seems like a huge waste of space putting it in her 600$ gardening box (it takes 1/4 of the box). She's also gonna fill that thing up in a week, with all the veggies she eats. Why didn't she buy an actual worm house (like a tower) ? Or even a normal composter where she could have added worms to ?

But my main issue is about her not researching anything : she says "I don't know if I should put the food waste on top or them or...", she didn't research anything, 100% she's gonna fuck it up and come back in a few weeks and be like "oops I don't understand there are no worms left". Worms need a 50/50 amount of food waste and dry stuff, and you can't put all your food waste in there right away because when you get them they're babies and they're not strong enough to eat all that food, so if you mess up you're gonna end up with a lot of dead worms and/or your number of worms not expanding. You also can't put all of your food waste in there because they're specific worms who can't eat acidic things... Welp, 5 seconds later and I see her huge box of waste with onion peels, lemons and oranges (worms can't eat those), she didn't bother cutting down the food waste either. You need the eggshells to be mixed and the rest of the food in tiny pieces. Man she's killing me (and the worms lol).

I know vlogs usually have a few days of "gap" but Deligracy's are posted weeks after. She's showing her new door handles but she's showed them on Instagram weeks ago. Again, she has no idea how to make things interesting. Her life is already boring but she manages to make it worse. 💀

Use the word "earthy" one more time, I dare you. 💀 It's her new word, it used to be "organic". SHE WANTED TO EARTHEN UP THE SPACE YOU GUYS (she's showing her ugly 50$ each cushions).

"Feature wall" is white just like the rest of the house..... 💀

Her to do list... But there's just not enough hours in a day..........
Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-28-30 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

My god, she showed her living room like 5 times calling it "earthy" and "beautiful". She also keeps calling that BLACK wall "blue". Loooool she even ends her vlog showing the living room and dining room one more time. Does she want to become a home decorator 🤭

On a more positive note, I absolutely love her "patio" area, I would spend all my free time there. :love: Also love the kitchen "window", very grandma style but I love it.
Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-22-51 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-00-21 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

VibingintheGarden

I saw her on twitter trying to clap back at someone for calling her out for her really creepy thumbnails. Unfortunately the original tweet got deleted but everyone in the replies were agreeing about how she has the weirdest thumbnails and storylines that involve child romance on thumbnails or extreme weight loss which can be triggering for some people. And she does try to target them towards a younger audience.
I love how she gets on her high horse about her content. Honey, it is plain to anyone with eyeballs that you make your content to entice kids and teens to click on your videos because MONEY. Look at any kids channel, bright colors, kids on thumbnails, clickbait stories. Her channel is basically the Sims version of My Storytime Animated. I just don't know how she can defend stories about plastic surgery addicted bimbos, belle delphine lookalikes, kidnap/imprison and sugar daddy stories. That's WAY different than kids giving each other flowers or pretending like they are married. Also, the way she is talking about romance being a stage of life, that rubs me the wrong way. What does that even mean?

Charlene78

Chatty Member
View attachment 1508003

Poor Deli. She reminds me of a child. When a child really wants something so they draw attention to it and would like to guilt-trip their parents into buying it or at least make it clear how sad they are for not getting it, only less direct. Why can’t she have everything she wants? It’s so unfair!

View attachment 1508031

Is it even desirable if it isn’t at least €400?
Heyyyy, nice stalking skills, finding that brand 🧐

She is so out of touch, how can you even share that stuff with people when you have so much money to spend on bullshit stuff already. I know we've said this a million times but it's like Stanley from The Office says "Everyday you do something stupider than you did the day before and I think, there's no possible way he can top that but what do you do, you find a way to top it". I am still surprised everytime she shares that dumb shit.

I cannot understand how someone would spend time looking at stuff they can't afford. So vapid. I checked this brand and it's all at least 500-600 euros stuff. THEN WHY DO YOU EVEN LOOK AT IT ??? To dream about what you'd want to buy if you had your fucking unlimited money you talk about all the time ??? What's the point ? To make yourself sad ? To show James in the hope that he'll buy that useless shit for you ? You already have 20 different black fucking tops, how many more can you need ??? o_O Especially this ugly basic shit. Ugh, so fucking overpriced. And didn't she say she doesn't like to wear tops with any cleavage ??

I wouldn't even share this stuff with anyone. At first I said "it's something you could show your significant other", but even then it's so weird... I don't get it. If I can't afford it, I don't look at it. If I can afford it but find it too expensive for what it is or if I don't need it, then I might say in passing "hey look this is cute", but that's it. Not "ITS TOO EXPENSIVE" :rolleyes: I'm so sure she showed this to James hoping he's gonna buy it for her.

Also, she hasn't posted any new video for her LP in a week. Is she waiting for people to lose complete interest ? Or is it too much work for her to work on a dumb building video and her LP ? Poor her :(

Come back to this video in a few days and I can guarantee all of a sudden it'll say "CC" or "mod" in the title. Fucking clickbait.
Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 16-21-33 The closest thing to a color wheel in The Sims 4.png

Last edited:

VibingintheGarden

Oh my god, when did Hatsy come back? Seriously, gone for year and a half, then comes back to a resounding MEH. 10-20k views on her new videos. Considering the amount of work that goes into those videos and the views she is getting, I don't imagine she'll hang around very long. Sims content and what is popular has changed in almost 2 years. GoodChills Studio and many other machinima channels are seeing their views drop off a cliff. The crap they were passing off as "content" is no longer engaging the kiddies, so I wonder what is next for them? Actual engaging stories and not 90's telemundo level clickbait? I guess we will see.