Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doggone Goob

And put suits of armour, the fountain, the statue of the lady with urn, and the £8000 picture in every room to bring the decor up to scratch, no matter what style of house you built. And the kids rooms had to have the racecar bed with every single bit of matching furniture in lurid red and yellow crammed in, and the teenagers room was alarmingly gothic.

I loved building in the Sims 1 and 2. I was crap at it, because I was a 14 year old raised on Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen episodes of Changing Rooms , but I loved it.
A Gothic teen room from Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff was in all of my builds 🤣

Also re: James most recent video. I love him as much as the next guy! But come on, it's definitely harder to listen to him when he narrates a speed build video. I way prefer him playing or building 'live', talking through his decisions and reacting in the moment. I just think he gets a bit rambly in his speed builds and wants to do them all in one take with no stops... so the narration gets a bit mind numbing after a while.

Just tryna be fair to our simmers! I'll criticise when I think it's due haha

Reactions: 2

anniemouse

VIP Member
True, feel all her fans would be annoyed if she vlogged on her sims account 😂 if you wanna check out her vlog channel, its called Deli 😂
Hahaha I’ll pass thanks. I am sure it was on her sims channel ages ago, 2020 probably, that I saw the weird looking cupcakes and at least one period chat 😂

• Haha

jadepaula

0B7E6FD5-BB4D-4904-81F1-C7220BAF2018.png
she only managed 3 episodes in over a month of her highly anticipated and talked about and apparently super planned LP before she’s putting it off with nonsense like this 😖😖 she’ll TRY tomorrow guys. cause it’s just too hard sometimes to play a game for a few hours

• Haha

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I wish Clare Siobhan had more variety of sims content. Atm it’s just the Not So Berry that I gave up on, and a werewolf let’s play I’m not interested in. Would be nice if she did some more one off videos
NSB is starting to get boring because it’s coming to a close. If there was actually something to do in the episodes it would still be fun but she’s basically just waiting for the last sim to die and that’s it.

mermaidish

Because she has 0 life experience so can't make up stories. It's blatantly obvious in her vlog videos.

I feel like you kinda need to either have life experience or a really good imagination to write interesting stories. She never leaves the house!? she just sits in her eco chamber and doesn't talk to anyone so can't come up with normal dialogue.

Her source of "inspiration" is usually TV or movies, which are predictable - ipso facto her stories are predictable. Don't get me wrong, I love some bad tv or a shitty Kissing Booth / Clueless level teen drama on a rainy day but do we really need to see the entire plot of a now 18yr old film acted out in Sim characters?

Has anyone seen anyone mention it? possible her audience is too young to know
Deli's whole unofficial thing is just making Sims versions of tv shows, movies and pop culture. She's done Sims Scream Queens, Sims Gossip Girl, Sims Lemony Snicket (that lasted like 2 episodes), Sims Barbie and now Sims Mean Girls. I'm sure there are other ones too that I'm forgetting.

Her fans don't notice or they think she's being sooo amazing for doing it. For real, her comment section is people praising her for her brilliance and creativity. Someone actually said her storytelling abilities are unparalleled. It's equally hilarious and maddening.

mmay1414

I've never watched anyone play the decades challenge but from what I understand it serves to highlight the rules in society at specific times in history such as no mixed marriages women not working outside the home etc. As far as i can see its not supposed to condone these rules its just to highlight society and changes over the years. While it wouldn't bother me if Simstubers choose not to follow certain rules that they and their viewers find uncomfortable it could serve as quite the education on societal changes.
yeah, part of me thinks we shouldn't avoid hard topics and that by omitting them we are pretending they didn't happen. The other part of me thinks that talking about some of those topics is a recipe for disaster on youtube because someone will always have a problem with how you did it

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Sim youtubers have really painted themselves into a corner, I recently watched a CallMeKevin Sim video, where he basically plays the game (sometimes to annoying levels) completely wrong but yet still gaining 500k+ more views then any other full time sim youtuber.
I think my favourite right now is Ambiguous Amphibian, who plays a wide variety of games, but has recently done some very strange, very "existential dread" sort of videos on Sims 1 or 2, entirely unlike anything else I've seen. Very entertaining though.

anniemouse

VIP Member
I really enjoyed plumbellas early videos her history of series was great. They were well thought out and presented calmly and professionally. Now plumbellas videos are chaotic full of memes and random emotional outbursts. I totally support Jessie being her authentic self and being able to make the content she feels comfortable with. I just don't like it it's not for me. I'm from the North East a bit lower down from Jessie in North lincolnshire im proud of being northern but it honestly doesn't need to be a personality trait.
The history/lore videos are really good.

jadepaula

I watched 2 minutes of Deli's latest building video for dummies (I can't even watch her videos anymore, they're so boring...) and she really was half assed explaining everything. She was explaining the terrain paint and put the paint kind of carelessly so it looked pretty bad
View attachment 1415854

Then she tries to explain terrain tool and she really didn't research anything for her videos. It's known that she doesn't like this tool and doesn't know how to use it (she's said it before and she always builds on flat lots for this reason) but she could have at least looked it up for a TUTORIAL video. She says "I don't really understand what the difference is" when talking about one of the options. Then her whole lot turns grey and she says "huhhh I'm gonna be honest I have no idea why it's grey now but I'll just keep playing"

Then she placed a bunch of random shit everywhere
View attachment 1415863
PLEASE i felt the same 😂 the laziness is insane watching her terrain paint in the most random places and put bushes wherever they’ll slot without moveobjects. and yea what kind of dumb*** posts a tutorial for people when they need a tutorial themselves? all this is is a small build that could be built and furnished and landscaped all within 25 mins but she dragged everything out to make 4(?) different 20 min long videos without a clue what she’s talking about. LAZY

• Heart

tropicanaorange

I tried to watch Steph’s video, I got 4 minutes in and had to stop. First of all, why is she posting about werewolves when 90% of people are over that already? Second of all, I just don’t like her style of editing.

I didn’t bother watching Deli’s attempt at a build challenge, I’ll stick to Syd.

I also haven’t bothered watching Vixella’s new video because her content is also boring and stale. Though at least this video wasn’t posted just because it was sponsored.

Robot2350

Chatty Member
Oh does she put all the crap on another channel now? I unsubscribed ages ago
Shes got a lifestyle channel now. Honestly its very boring. All she talks about is how expensive it is to renovate, some gardening crap, eating healthy and some fitness program she does 🤷🏻😂

• Haha

Raychieee

Chatty Member
I've never watched anyone play the decades challenge but from what I understand it serves to highlight the rules in society at specific times in history such as no mixed marriages women not working outside the home etc. As far as i can see its not supposed to condone these rules its just to highlight society and changes over the years. While it wouldn't bother me if Simstubers choose not to follow certain rules that they and their viewers find uncomfortable it could serve as quite the education on societal changes.

BeeSmart

I feel like Kelsey’s isn’t as popular because she doesn’t post as often. Clare would pretty much post every other day whereas Kelsey only does 1 NSB episode a week and I personally don’t follow it as much because by time a new episode comes out, I’ve forgotten what even happened in the last one.

also Clare’s sims all have different personalities and stories and Kelsey’s are all “sweet baby angels” who always have a million people begging to be their best friends and they can never do anything wrong and also she doesn’t follow the rules properly anyway 😂
Kelsey also copies Claire a little bit especially in the early episodes of the NSB challenge. It is weird because those too should have a lot of crossover fans as they both have kind of the same aesthetic. I think the biggest difference to why Claire (besides being around longer) gets more views then Kelsey is that Claire loves the challenge of her sims being broke and having a tough time. That is fun to watch. Kelsey with her occult baby challenge she brought back her original matriarch that already had level ten parenting, writing and cooking. The best thing about a baby challenge is watching the struggle in the beginning.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
The views on the first two parts of the LP are pretty terrible: less than 200k for the first part, which has been out for almost a week, and the second part has only 52k after 3 days.
Yeah, 1st video has 141k views and the 2nd one has 56k... I know people here said it's normal for views to drop between the first video and second but damn it still feels like a lot to me 😨 I can't believe she has 1.15 million subscribers. I showed her views on some videos to my husband a few weeks back and asked him how many subscribers he thought she had and he said "no more than 300k", because her numbers are so sad 💀

I wonder if she has anxiety sometimes about her views dropping and about her maybe having to change her lifestyle and maybe even job... But then I see all that money she spends and... nah, probably not 🤭 Her sad attempt at a vlog channel shows that she's really not trying.

I know it's a bit off topic but it makes me think of those "beauty influencers" from a few years back. I don't know how it is for other countries but here in France when I was younger I was following a couple of them and now that I've changed and have 0 interest in makeup or those youtubers anymore, I still check them out once in a while to see what they are up to. ALL of them have had their views dropping, and they've all found a new activity to add to their channel or rebranded themselves (vlogs, cooking, podcasts...), because beauty/makeup videos aren't as watched as they used to.

I'll attach an example : a French youtuber called Sananas has THREE MILLION subscribers, and yet look at her sad numbers... If I go back even two years back, she was 350k+ and often 500+ or even 1 million views.

It's kind of the same thing for youtubers in general and gamers too. You have to be different/more interesting/special for your videos to bring views. I feel like Deligracy hasn't grasped that...

Years ago (when Deli started her channel), it was new, there wasn't that much choice in term of youtubers, so it was easy to make it big, and people were watching the most boring stuff easily. Now it's way harder and teens who were watching beauty videos have changed, and it's the same for Deligracy and others I guess. Instead of becoming more fun/more interesting and putting in special content she makes her videos more and more "kid" oriented ??? How does that make sense :unsure: And when she does try to "change", she makes a VLOG channel, when that's the hardest category to become successful with (I read that somewhere, that there was so many vlog channels on youtube that it was now impossible to make it "big") and that she has the most boring life and nothing to share.

Attachments

• Wow

dyannnna

Can anyone recommend a simstuber that makes industrial or modern builds I'm looking for inspiration on a converted loft build for my green not so berry gen.
Yes, I really like Marmelad and Schnuck and I would totally recommend them. I like their builds and their style. I also like their channels because they make stop motion videos and I really like that. I don’t always like speedbuilds because they’re really fast sometimes and then they make me nauseous or tired.
That’s the reason why I like Devon Bumpkin :) his videos are more chill.

So: Marmelad or Schnuck, haha! O, and Lucy!

Last edited:

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Always see Deli asking for suggestions. But never seen them be used! She asked the other day best primer for her black cork wall she wants to paint over, my best bet is she will go to bunnings and grab whatever primer there is without even reading anyones suggestions 🤷🏻
Next vlog
"I had to do 10 coats because I bought paint that wasn't made for cork hihihihi"

• Haha

Robot2350

Chatty Member
As someone has said before - Often Deli buys things BECAUSE they are expensive, not because she actually wants expensive things. At some point in her life she got confused over expensive always being the better option.

Her parents are definitely well off given they/ Deli live along the Mornington Peninsula where home prices start at $1 million. I reckon she just has a absolute tone of debt, she doesn't strike me as they financial savvy type so I imagine she would rather buy a new pair of shoes over paying down her mortgage.

It's the blind privilege that kills me, "shouldn't you feel bad for me that I can't afford this new thing?" "Don't you want me to be happy??" she guilts her young viewers, making them feel like they owe her something

I literally haven't watched Deli for awhile now, I read this chat - That's how I keep up to date with the stupid things she's doing - haha! I didn't want to contribute to any viewer ship in the hope others would do the same and she'd get the point that her content is bad.

I noticed her viewers have rarely gone over 100k for months now, most hovering around 20 - 40k per vid. And as suspected that lifestyle channel isn't seeing much love either. What made Deli think she could maintain two channels??

I did notice (and correct me if I'm wrong here) that she doesn't have a TikTok.. or make many videos on her intragram it's all story photos. Given the way Instragram is (unfortunately) going she might actually loose a bunch of viewers poorly from not innovating.
I have looked at houses near where she lives and damn they are expensive!! 😬

custosmorum

Chatty Member
I think you said you've been following her for years, do you think Deligracy is changing that materialistic aspect of hers a bit ? Would you say it's worse today or better ?
It's definitely more pronounced now. I used to find her more relatable and fun. I do remember, in some of her earliest "Get Ready With Me" videos, she said that she only uses high-end makeup because she's a bit skeptical about drugstore makeup, which I thought is probably normal in countries with a higher living standard. She always did buy clothes on the high-end spectrum, but not in the range of prices that she buys today. When she moved to her previous apartment and did a vlog here and there, the items she would buy would be more expensive and she would say it's worth investing in quality pieces of clothes. She furnished that apartment mostly from Ikea and some other affordable stores. She used to do these vlogs where she would assemble her own furniture and decorate the place, which I found pretty fun.
I think it's expected that she would focus more on higher-quality furniture pieces now that she has her own house. But it does seem she gets carried away sometimes, thinking that price determines quality. To me it seems that, nowadays, she completely dismisses high-street stores and browses exclusively more expensive stores, only to inevitably find something she likes and then post a story about how unfair it is that the item is too expensive.