Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Again I don't watch Deli's content but I also don't get why we would need to see a sims youtuber's workout routine. It's very bizarre to me. She's not a lifestyle creator otherwise, is she?
She's trying to become a lifestyle vlogger 👀

Reactions: 2

BackupWinnie

I’m not entirely sure but she keeps mentioned frequently by Plumbella and Lilsimsie (and Vixella I think). There’s this main Sim youtuber group that seem super cliquey and give major “I’m not your typical girl/ guy” vibes but have not been too kind to others like Sydney Marcoretta, MsGryphi, etc when trying new challenges/ inspired builds without mentioning them or crediting them.

I am still so confused by that planet zoo thumbnail. Such a chaotic thumbnail when her videos are usually pretty chill and boring? Even steph0sims wouldn’t have a thumbnail like that

Oh nooooo that’s absolutely awful. Poor cindy

Every time someone has told her to go to the doctor to see if she has endometriosis or PCOS she completely blanks it as well

Is EnglishSimmer a really big simmer? I tried one of her videos once and it wasn’t my cup of tea. I swear her videos only get like 5k views

EDIT: wow I went to check and she has nearly 300k subscribers but a lot of her videos are only at 2/3k views.

Compare that to Sydney Macoretta who has 70k subscribers and consistently gets 20k views per video…

shooksimmer

Decided to check in on steph0sims's patreon and after 2 months all that's posted for members is a paranormal video that may or may not be finished (not paying to find out) and a love island villa which is unclear if available to download (again not paying to find out). Definitely worth $4.50 compared to cc creators that are actually consistent or other video creators with way more exclusive content and benefits. Also I just remembered she already has a membership option on YouTube, this makes the patreon feel like even more of a cashgrab
Screenshot 2022-07-26 215013.png
Screenshot 2022-07-26 215040.png
Screenshot 2022-07-26 215558.png

• Angry

Snackerdoodledoo

EA clings to their "high value" game changers because what else do they have? I remember they flew Lifesimmer out to play City Living and she hadn't uploaded for like 4-5 months. And they continued to send her codes after that. EA needs those massively inflated channels to push their content to the kiddies, they aren't going to cut them off.
Well 🤔 I guess that's why they sometimes act like Deligracy is some gift from God. And I guess, even though they're both overrated and barely play, people do still brown nose them like they're brilliant so... Yeah, ok. I can see why EA keeps giving them shit, even if it's stupid, bc they always quit, they barely play, and, to anyone with half a brain, they are NOT good advertisers for the game but.... The mindless children always praise them so, fair point.

Saywhatnow22

Chatty Member
It’s winter in Australia. Last year, James was making/uploading a new video every day at this point and then his uploads got much more sporadic in their summer months. James is currently uploading almost every day again.

I would imagine that neither of them leave the house much in the winter weather, which explains James uploading more (it’s crap outside so let’s play The Sims) and Deli uploading less (it’s crap outside so I’ve got nothing to vlog).
Not forgetting 90% of her vlog content is her garden. 😴 a bit of rain and I imagine she’s noped right out of it.
But let’s be real, she struggles to upload on her main channel - are we surprised?

shooksimmer

I don’t understand how English Simmer has almost 300k subscribers but only gets 2-3k views on her videos
Dead subscribers. Either the people subscribed don't use that channel anymore or are still subscribed but don't watch her videos anymore. There are a few channels I am still subscribed to even though I haven't clicked on a video in ages (Deligracy and Vixella come to mind). Especially because simmers used to collaborate more and be a smaller community but now with so many people with sims channels its more difficult for channels to keep viewers watching them over others especially when a lot of Sims content can be samey.

VibingintheGarden

She should’ve called it “I’m out of ideas”…
Funny thing, when I posted about Deli's threesome video, I searched to see if someone else talked about it and back in 2016 they were talking about Vixella and a legacy she started, including taking bets on how long it lasted. It's amazing to see how far back the laziness goes. Kelsey replays 100 Baby, Lilsimsie replays Not So Berry, Vixella replays Legacies. I don't know why people watch them.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
🤣
She probably thinks it makes her look like this fun, upbeat, edgy Youtuber that you would want to check out. Then you click on the video and the most interesting part is the first minute when you’re trying to determine whether she’ll pour tea on herself. *cozy vibes*
Oh my god you kill me everytime 🤭

• Heart

VibingintheGarden

Yeah, 1st video has 141k views and the 2nd one has 56k... I know people here said it's normal for views to drop between the first video and second but damn it still feels like a lot to me 😨
100% of viewers are not going to stick with a series. It's impossible to make everyone happy and want to keep watching. Huge drops can be because of a few factors; #1 your video went viral or semi viral. Markiplier, one of the biggest personalities on the site, went from 30 million to 18 million on his most recent FNAF series. That's because his videos hit trending and lots of people watched but many people stopped watching because they weren't interested in the game, they wanted to play the game themselves, and they didn't like Mark as a creator. I would say that this kind of drop off is normal for his channel and content. Deli losing 40% of her viewers between episode 1 and episode 2 is not because her video went viral, it's because #2 her content is bad. If you look back at her last few series, you can definitely see a pattern. Lots of people tune in for a new series and then stop watching when the content isn't up to their standards/interests. People only have a finite amount of time to spend on Youtube and when they feel like you are wasting their time, they will look elsewhere. Most of the Sims community is so interchangeable content wise, that you could watch any number of creators and get the same, milquetoast experience. Why should they invest their time with Deli?

It's kind of the same thing for youtubers in general and gamers too. You have to be different/more interesting/special for your videos to bring views. I feel like Deligracy hasn't grasped that...
Deli hasn't grasped that it isn't the 2010's anymore and times have changed. She's lived in a comfortable bubble for so long that she doesn't know how to make content fun/interesting, let alone edit in a way that makes people want to watch her 30 minute monstrosities. She had someone do all that work for her and now that she can't afford that person and has to do it herself, she thinks she can keep making content the way she used to and people will fall over themselves to watch it. In my opinion, most Sims creators are dinosaurs, sticking to outdated ways to make content instead of learning new skills to make their videos more entertaining. Their channels going "extinct" is just a byproduct of being lazy and boring. Sure, they can coast on their diehard fans for a while but eventually people will stumble across creators much better than them and decide they don't need to watch their boring drivel anymore. That's why CallMeKevin and ambiguousamphibian are getting hundreds of thousands of views; they give people what they can't get from simmers, fun/unique content. Simstubers should really be ashamed that creators outside the Sims niche are making better content than they are. But most of them have their heads buried so far up their own butts that they can't see the problems with their own content, let alone have the mental capacity to learn new skills and change their content.

And when she does try to "change", she makes a VLOG channel, when that's the hardest category to become successful with (I read that somewhere, that there was so many vlog channels on youtube that it was now impossible to make it "big") and that she has the most boring life and nothing to share.
It's not impossible to grow a vlog channel or any channel, you just have to have something different about you. You have to be willing to put in the work, think outside the box and *gasp* be unique. We all know that Deli is not capable of doing that. People are tired of "here is my extravagant life! LOOK AT ME!" vloggers. The big global event really turned the tides on the rich vloggers and most people don't want to watch someone flaunt their wealth. Shocker! Again, this difficult to grow a [insert channel type here] is not a "it's too crowded" problem but a "I'm too boring" problem. Everyone copies everyone else. No one wants to be different and take risks with their content. Channels blow up every single day and 99.9% have something new and interesting to show people. When was the last time you saw anything "unique and interesting" from the Simstubers?

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
How much money must James, Deli et al be on? I saw SatchOnSims made £4k last month and he's tiny compared to others.

Lostcat

Chatty Member
We've talked a lot about what we don't like, so I'm curious to hear what your ideal let's play/let's player would be. My ideal let's player/story teller would be someone who has interesting ideas and fun/unique gameplay. I like stories, generational style play with some twists and turns, but not overly full of drama or clichés. I'd also like them to value the time of their audience and not create empty episodes or stretch videos out so they can get more ads. Just a decent human being with a penchant for storytelling, please! I have yet to find anyone that checks all these boxes, but I keep looking. 😅
I like generational play - watching families grow up, not with too much blatantly obvious manipulation/cheats/editing being used. I like things to progress fairly steadily, with all aspects of the game being used, and while drama and a bit of chaos keeps things entertaining, let it have a long-term impact on the storyline. Don't just do things, and then next episode have it forgotten, let there be natural progression.

In respect of the Youtuber themselves: someone who can talk clearly, does not shriek or wail or babble memes all the time, and doesn't edit their videos into a hyperactive mess. Someone with a bit of charisma and charm and good cheer, but who does not inject too much of their personal life into the gameplay.

And this is purely personal and subjective - none of those mods which inject lots more graphic sex and violence into the gameplay. I don't play Sims for that, and it makes it so seedy and unpleasant. Whiny Brit did a couple with the Extreme Violence mod and I just turned off immediately.

James is my favourite currently, though he is VERY guilty of stretching both individual videos and the Lets' Play series out for too long. I don't think he has one, but a good editor would chop every episode down to 30 mins of brisker gameplay and he'd be much the better for it. But he does have a pleasant speaking voice, knows his stuff, and always -very amusingly sometimes- plays through the repercussions of his choices (such as the utter chaos that resulted from his student loan choices in the old University Lets' Play, or his vampire having the fatal flaw of being instantly unlikeable, which made raising a family with happy children *very* difficult)

tropicanaorange

I’m so bored of Kelsey’s HSY streams. Yet another sim who is totally perfect and everybody loves her and she’s a “sweet baby Angel” who can’t do a single thing wrong ever because she’s a “queen” 🙄

tropicanaorange

Surprise surprise Vixella has posted a video and it’s once again sponsored by that disney game. Girl, make it more obvious you don’t care about your content anymore 😂

tropicanaorange

Oh and to add to my earlier Kelsey rant, why does she find it so hard to pronounce basic names?? Her teen sim has a crush on Duane and Kelsey constantly calls him “doo-ane” despite plenty of comments telling her how to actually pronounce it

This reminds me of her constant “Joe keen” instead of Joaquin and “aw-buh-geen” instead of aubergine

• Sick

anniemouse

VIP Member
to be fair, Vixella is still a game changer and I have no idea why because she hasn’t posted any HSY content at all apart from some multiplayer ones that were from a stream. The only time she ever uploads a video is when she’s promoting that stupid Disney game as a sponsor.
if she’s bored of making content, that’s fair, but she’s taking up a game changer spot that could go to someone who genuinely wants it; like Syd Mac who makes amazing creative content or a whole host of other simmers who have tried to apply
They should have an overhaul of them all and give the space of any of them not making any effort to others. I mean use JMes as an ex pie, he filmed for days to habe his High School content ready.

VibingintheGarden

I just saw on reddit that Lilsimsie played the Sims with Rick Astley. What the heck? Why? Didn't she just play with Safiya Nygaard too? I guess the cure for a stagnating channel is collabing with influencers and celebrities, although it doesn't look like it did much for her channel. Just make good sims content. There is no need to drag aging celebrities and beauty influencers into your videos.

VibingintheGarden

Sometimes I do like building mansions in the game when I feel like building instead of playing with a sim. Usually I can make an idea of a big family that lives there and then make the sims for the house. I also imagine when posting on youtube that the title "dream mansion" will attract more viewer than "small cozy home". A lot of viewers might not be good at making big houses so they like seeing other people try it out. I do agree that mansions aren't the best for gameplay since sims in the sims 4 are so slow and get confused and cancel actions so easily.
I get that they are fun to build but who plays in them? I've never seen anyone bust out a massive 8 bedroom mansion in their gameplay. To me, there isn't a point to build something so impractical you can't play in it. And don't get me started on the crap on the gallery that is just pretty set dressing to look at and you can't actually do anything with them. They get stupid amounts of downloads too, despite being unplayable, and all I want to know is #1 why do they build things that you can't play in and #2 why do so many people download them? It all feels like a huge waste of time but that just might be me.