Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a buffoon. Dirty deleting Jack Monroe style wouldn't stop a fraud investigation. It just makes him look guilty.
4fb2637a-94c8-43d1-b243-b7e81387e3a2_text.gif

Reactions: 21
An unintended silver lining of this is (if he doesn't plan on coming back, or is planning a rebrand) hopefully his kids will no longer be a commodity and can get on with their lives without being used as social media content

I didn't screenshot it because I was dipping about looking for something else (more fool me) but it looked like there'd been an undeclared ad for a kids Starling offshoot (GoHenry type top-uppable Mastercard) a couple of days ago, using one of the kids in the photos

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
An unintended silver lining of this is (if he doesn't plan on coming back, or is planning a rebrand) hopefully his kids will no longer be a commodity and can get on with their lives without being used as social media content

I didn't screenshot it because I was dipping about looking for something else (more fool me) but it looked like there'd been an undeclared ad for a kids Starling offshoot (GoHenry type top-uppable Mastercard) a couple of days ago, using one of the kids in the photos
And not have their faces, what school they go to, embarrassing moments, etc. broadcast to the world

Reactions: 14

There was yes. He used his daughter for that one.

On behalf of us all, can I just say Hi Simon! I hope you're having a great weekend so far!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I always thought he was an attention-seeking twit rather than a deliberate fraudster. Looks like I may have been wrong. About the fraud, not the twit.

Eta, looks like he is fucked. I only hope that the fallout doesn't harm his children, especially after his apparent willingness to plaster them over social media.

• Haha
This is exactly what private eye's Rotten Boroughs covers (as @Cucumberthunder mentioned above) and I'm always staggered by the level of corruption at local councils, so often through things like giving contracts to their mates or their wives without a real tender process. This could be proper criminal trial level. The sums involved are huge. The arrogance of crooks and grifters...

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can we please spare a thought for the real victims of this saga? Poor old auntie Carol and uncle Martin must think that Elon Musk has rocketed Twitter into space this morning, due to their lack of mentions and DMs from this twit!

• Haha
I wonder if he was shaking and in tears as he hit the self destruct button on the twitter account. Never thought he would actually do that. Shows how serious things are...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wonder if he was shaking and in tears as he hit the self destruct button on the twitter account. Never thought he would actually do that. Shows how serious things are...
no me neither! when I was mithering last night about what his next course of action would be, it didn't even occur to me he might throw the digital kill switch. Did he have some sort of digital equivalent of a red button/go-bag ready for when this day came? And why did SSN fall - is it because it still exists even though it's not actually a company any more?

Reactions: 15
Just remember folks - there was a cabal of beneficiaries around O'Callaghan - all recorded as enjoying expensive social events and holidays with her and evidence of which she has deleleted but has been kept / ardhived - all of whom recieved payments by Essex County Council. Harris was the main beneficiary and I never suspected really that GFM would be his downfall - maybe he has answers. But even if he does, it is Essex County Council who have questions to answer about whether they were content or had sufficient oversight of these payments. It was a difficult time for councils, I think we would all understand if they dropped their guard, in good faith but the time of reckoning is now and it is essential they account for their decisions even if the ringmaster has now moved on to another part of the public sector. And in regards to the NHS, where she now resides, we don't know how much has been spent on him or others - authorised by O'Callaghan - it looks as if he has done videos etc and I doubt for free. There are so many talented graphic designers and videographers out there would would have loved to have been given that work - and if that achieved its aim I for one would have had no problem with public money being spent in that way. One has to ask was what is now on youtube really the best that could be done? But that is another place to now look. Journalists - amatuer and professional - it's over to you....

His reaction to some questions is so extreme that I can only conclude there is worse stuff we don't know about.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
His reaction to some questions is so extreme that I can only conclude there is worse stuff we don't know about.
I am wondering if there was something going on behind the scenes with GoFundMe, that whilst probably not illegal, is at least mildly skeezy. Like incentives for endless setting up of GFMs (once again caveating this with I have no evidence other than circumstantial)

Reactions: 17
Could be that the GFM stuff is small fry compared to all the companies that have been set up then dissolved. I hope someone with more business knowledge digs into that.

At least he was smart enough not to flaunt his lifestyle online like a lot of grifters. He could well have a Cotswolds haul to rival Our Jack for all we know.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
And here’s the problem with all of these left wing grifters… As soon as they’re found out, the cry goes up that they must be secret Tories. They aren’t. They’re just left wing grifters. The equation in some stupid people’s heads that being left wing automatically equates to them being the good guys shows why, as an audience, they are so vulnerable to these scams.
IMG_8845.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Well, well

blaireau.png

Still an admin of the council assembly group on Facebook and there are new posts today even though it's Saturday, I wonder if Simon's latest is anything to do with that?

• Wow
Still an admin on a group I follow too…Essex based.

Thing is I work closely with my local community voluntary service. The whole affair leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I’ll be interested to hear their take on it when I speak with them next week. I am based in Essex and much of my work involves social issues so I tend to keep an eye on what’s out there meeting those needs. During the pandemic the Essex is United group was great for information sharing, getting support for people etc. the expansion into other Essex is United groups doesn’t seem anywhere near as useful. i didn’t know they existed for a start and I now use another platform for sourcing information and making referrals for people.

i hope he’s been above board in terms of accounting but questions need asking about the amount Essex County Council has paid out when we have people living in tents because they are not priority for housing and others needing urgent food bank referrals.

Ptiorities ECC…just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.