Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has absolutely no idea how to deal with any kind of scrutiny or criticism, does he? I know Monroe has locked down and been deleting stuff, but even to her credit, in the past she would always come out swinging at first!

Reactions: 18
Oh yes, all this deleting definitely screams ‘innocent of any wrongdoing’. Uh huh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
He must be seriously shitting it to delete his Twitter!
What’s he going to do now, actually go outside and speak to people?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Omg 😂
No doubt desperately trying to clean it all up.
I wonder if Nick Wallis had a private word with him.
Surely all his financial affairs have to be scrutinised now? The formula cash grab?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Finally! Simon catches a break and receives a bit of good news. He likes an appearance in the paper.

IMG_9679.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Thing is, now he's done a dirty delete, no one can query him about *any* of his GFMs!

He's obviously realised that what he thought was just social media fluff is a lot more serious when other people's causes and money are involved, there's only so much you can laugh off.

Reactions: 15
I was re reading the first thread about him and saw this from @CookieZippy (who was on to him years ago).
Was anything ever heard about again with this £91k for Ukrainian children?

Screenshot_20240106_011047.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 32
His tiktok is still up, for now…

I hope his followers are starting to ask questions now. I don’t actually think that I ever really believed he would do anything dodgy, but the mass deletion of absolutely everything (Twitter says his website and Southend news network fb page are also gone) really doesn’t seem like the actions of an innocent person. He’s either going to have to do some serious explaining, or get off the internet forever. And I can’t see either option appealing to him.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
I was re reading the first thread about him and saw this from @CookieZippy (who was on to him years ago).
Was anything ever heard about again with this £91k for Ukrainian children?

View attachment 2670998

Very good point. I'd totally forgotten about the Ukraine thing! And yeah I've thought he was dodgy as hell for years so today has been wonderful. I wonder if all the gofundmes will vanish next. Saw a great tweet saying he's set up a new page called Man Escaping Quickly

• Haha
Reactions: 26
His tiktok is still up, for now…

I hope his followers are starting to ask questions now. I don’t actually think that I ever really believed he would do anything dodgy, but the mass deletion of absolutely everything (Twitter says his website and Southend news network fb page are also gone) really doesn’t seem like the actions of an innocent person. He’s either going to have to do some serious explaining, or get off the internet forever. And I can’t see either option appealing to him.
I guess he has deleted everything so he can go through it looking for incriminating stuff.
I think he may not have set out to get money nefariously originally, but he kept setting up all sorts of fundraisers and nobody ever asked what happened to the money. So then it became easy to justify taking amounts as 'expenses' and a living wage. Plus his logic was at least the causes are getting something, which they wouldn't have done if he didn't organise it in the first place.
Pure speculation but his lack of transparency was always always going to come back and bite him on his sizeable arse at some point.

Reactions: 23
You can stick his name into the GoFundMe website and there are still quite a few of his on there. To be fair, most of them have that little green tick so I think that means he never accesses the money. But not all of them.

Obviously the big ones we know about, McDonald’s and Formula but there are others that picked up a few grand here and there, and who knows where the money went.

To be honest I think the GFM stuff is the least of his worries. My gut is telling me that the bigger fish is the £484k and the dodgy awards of public sector contracts. Almost half a million quid to admin some local Facebook groups where he’s lucky to get 2 likes per post, allegedly awarded by his mate who gave the contract to a company that she owns which is a phoenix from the flames of another company that was struck off for not submitting accounts, 9 days before the new one was formed with basically the same name. The whole thing STINKS and I reckon that’s what has him shitting his pants.

The Twitter account to keep an eye now is his mate Kirsty. Hopefully she gets dragged into the net of the investigation but I wouldn’t be surprised to see her go private or disappear in the same way Harris has.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
It's always the slightest random little thing that gets these types in the end.

In this case, 8+ years of 'work' is undone by jumping on publicity from an ITV drama of all things.

Like Capone for tax evasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
You can stick his name into the GoFundMe website and there are still quite a few of his on there. To be fair, most of them have that little green tick so I think that means he never accesses the money. But not all of them.

Obviously the big ones we know about, McDonald’s and Formula but there are others that picked up a few grand here and there, and who knows where the money went.

To be honest I think the GFM stuff is the least of his worries. My gut is telling me that the bigger fish is the £484k and the dodgy awards of public sector contracts. Almost half a million quid to admin some local Facebook groups where he’s lucky to get 2 likes per post, allegedly awarded by his mate who gave the contract to a company that she owns which is a phoenix from the flames of another company that was struck off for not submitting accounts, 9 days before the new one was formed with basically the same name. The whole thing STINKS and I reckon that’s what has him shitting his pants.

The Twitter account to keep an eye now is his mate Kirsty. Hopefully she gets dragged into the net of the investigation but I wouldn’t be surprised to see her go private or disappear in the same way Harris has.
Yes, yes and yes.

Absolutely spot on correct.

The trouble is, for her, if she wants to remain employed, she will need to maintain a certain level of profile. This is really now about the extent to which Essex County Council is prepared to throw her under the bus or to go all in a report the matter to the police as I think they should have some time ago. It reflects badly upon them, but they can always put it down to a rogue employee. I'd be wanting questions asked about transactions between Simon and Kirsty - no one else within her orbit was given as much as he was, and as the last few days have shown, he's not that bright and may have just gone along with something from which he didn't benefit nearly as much as it first looks like he did.

When I started asking about this on tattle, I didn't suspect anything really about the GFM stuff and until about three or four hours ago was ambivalent about it but even if it is a huge thing it can't be left at that. The other huge thing also needs paying close attention to or else not everybody who might need to be held to account will be.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
It's always the slightest random little thing that gets these types in the end.

In this case, 8+ years of 'work' is undone by jumping on publicity from an ITV drama of all things.

Like Capone for tax evasion.
It's fascinating isn't it? There just seems a be a tipping point where they overplay their hand and go too far through absolute arrogance, and very little accountability up until then.
It their Sliding Doors moment where they'll sit and think 'if only I hadn't....' in years to come.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.