Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't actually understand how GFM works so this is very interesting.
I do think he thinks he comes across as harmless. With his jokes and self deprecating comments about himself. Who would distrust jovial chubster Simon. But something is very much amiss.
I see on the subpostmasters tweet he did his usual of putting the disclaimer, in this case the official charity donation link, in comments not in the main tweet. Usual shady behaviour.
Oh his inflated ego and high opinion of himself is absolutely unparalleled. In his mind, he doesn’t just think he’s all cuddly and affable. He thinks he’s viewed as a hilarious internet sensation, sticking it to the man, baby. Not only is he heroic but he’s oh so bleeping righteous too. Anyone that doesn’t agree must be a wacist.

I think there’s an undercurrent of such bile and vitriol in his posts. This is a man who hates anyone that doesn’t think like him, and who sees himself as so intellectually and morally superior to those dreadful gammons who can’t spell properly and voted for Brexit, and hate Meghan just because she’s black.

Reactions: 12
I don't actually understand how GFM works so this is very interesting.
I do think he thinks he comes across as harmless. With his jokes and self deprecating comments about himself. Who would distrust jovial chubster Simon. But something is very much amiss.
I see on the subpostmasters tweet he did his usual of putting the disclaimer, in this case the official charity donation link, in comments not in the main tweet. Usual shady behaviour.
There's a subtle difference on the GFMs which you can see under 'organiser'

So baby formula one - Simon Harris is organiser and beneficiary. Money is in his control.

1704446946413.png

1704446574192.png

Horizon scandal one - GoFundMe charity are beneficiary (gift aid applies) (Horizon Scandal Fund not on the GoFundMe platform so going through GoFundMe UK's charity who will pay it to Horizon Scandal Fund as a 'grant' (holy heckin' Captain Tom Foundation vibes)) (why Simon couldn't use his 'high profile' to help get Horizon Scandal on the platform and give them some agency? wfk)

1704446680842.png

1704446689462.png

Flying Farage RNLI one

1704446786177.png

1704446798453.png

The ones where he's just organising on behalf of a charity, definitely clout/landing the big gigs. But the baby formula one is shady af BECAUSE WHERE IS THE 24K

• Wow
Reactions: 22
The McDonald's one went straight into his account as well. How much of that £21,392 was REALLY used to buy happy meals do we think? Five or six grand at the most? There were photos of his car boot full of the things and a few posts about deliveries but then as usual it all went completely quiet and he moved on to the next cause very quickly.

Interesting to see that he hasn't tweeted a thing in nearly 24 hours. Not since an hour or so before LG started that thread on him actually. Panicking are we, Si?

Reactions: 15
The McDonald's one went straight into his account as well. How much of that £21,392 was REALLY used to buy happy meals do we think? Five or six grand at the most? There were photos of his car boot full of the things and a few posts about deliveries but then as usual it all went completely quiet and he moved on to the next cause very quickly.

Interesting to see that he hasn't tweeted a thing in nearly 24 hours. Not since an hour or so before LG started that thread on him actually. Panicking are we, Si?
Hadn't seen that before. What a stupid fundraiser. But he knows what he is doing. Getting people to donate out of spite.

Reactions: 10
This is all just so great

Just a few other titbits of which I am aware:

Simon was paid directly for his "work" by Essex County Council (at which Kirsty O'Callaghan was employed) but "SocialKind" was paid by Suffolk - the "house style" and content is indentical. Paying SH directly for work done for Essex looks like a mechanism to avoid the conflict of interest/procurement rules that should have otherwise applied and, if I was looking at this from a law enforcement perspecitve, I'd be wanting to see transactions/bank accounts etc. (as I would have the power to do so if I was working for the Police) - it may be that "poor old" Simon was not the "sole" beneficiary of the transactions.

Simon has still been doing work for the NHS - at wihich O'Callaghan now works (or was moved to). Some of his high quality videos are still on his youtube account which appear to have been done for that organsation. Their transparency data doesn't show payments below £25,000 so only an FOI would get the root of how much has been paid, to what entity (SH or "social kindness") and for what.

SH was not the only person paid by ECC for moderating or content - meaning their total spend on "community" work using facebook was significantly higher.....there are a list of others too - paid much less individually, but a tight knit group (for how long I wonder) all centered around O'Callaghan.

Social Kindness/Social Kind had nothing to do with D Media (the bounceback loan defaulter) but as a named director of that company with very signiificant resources at his disposal at the time, honouring the loan before shutting the company down would have been the moral and right thing to do. Being the director of a limited company does not protect you entirely from legal and certainly not the moral obligations to your creditors.

A number of his previous GFM campaigns have been run on the basis that money will be passed to certain charities. We are now at the point where those named charities begin to publish their accounts for the periods in question. It might not always be obvious from their accounts but very large donations should be itemised especially if other income was from grants or contracts. They will have taken the donations at the time without necessarily being aware of or having paid attention to the totality of the campaign run by Harris - i.e how much was raised or whether some of it was for them and some if it was to be retained by Harris for him to administer- so if money was not paid accross or some of it was kept, their receipts would be less than that which GFM listed as having been raised. If there is anything to the suspicions around GFM then, as we all know, the internet keeps receipts. There is therefore a plentyful supply of souce material on to which the collective efforts of everyone who is now interested in this can be now be focused - or "crowd sourced" - which is kind of ironic.

I am glad that people's natural cynicsm about online money raisers and (ahem) people from Southend has begun to shine a light on all of this.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
I knew I'd seen something about GoFundMe when I was trawling for stuff about SocialKind(ness) - which is nowhere to be seen on Kirsty's Linkedin, incidentally? Which is a bit weird no, if you're a business owner/runner?

Anyway, this may be LinkedIn speak and they're claiming 'working in partnership with us' when they're just ... using the platform. As I've said before I fully accept I may be batshit tin foil hat territory, but it's WEIRD. HOWEVER see also 'working directly with'

1704456925962.png
1704456951267.png

Here's the GoFundMe in question - once again, Simon Harris is the organiser and beneficiary

One Love project is a registered charity in Southend

Reactions: 8
What Simple Simon needs to understand is that if, with regards to O'Callaghan, he "went along" with something, he will get hung out to dry once the authorities start to ask questions. He really is best off, from as early as possible, owning up and describing exactly who and when things were initiated.

Reactions: 17
Not a big fan of gengar but I have noticed people retweeting that thread today who have previously been supporters of Harris…..

Reactions: 11
Not a big fan of gengar but I have noticed people retweeting that thread today who have previously been supporters of Harris…..
That's what's needed - as well as the attention of journalists....
---
Ah, such happy times..... (don't look for it - long since deleted)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What zinger joke can Si whip out to deflect? Will he blame it all on Barry numbers?
It's funny how with these dodgy grifters there is often one incident where you can pinpoint public opinion finally turning.
Monroe it was Hunger Hurts 2, Sarahvayjay - the Aldi video. Will Simon's be this ridiculous subpostmaster's GFM?

I bet there's tweets among his great pre 2016 purge that reveal he votes Tory. He's clearly hiding something by deleting everything.

Reactions: 12
I bet there's tweets among his great pre 2016 purge that reveal he votes Tory. He's clearly hiding something by deleting everything.
Well if he thought the Hillsborough disaster was a good giggle, and felt happy revealing that recently, then I dread to think what he feels is actually unacceptable.

Oh dear - starting to become the butt of jokes does not end well. Look at Monroe 😬

Screenshot_20240105_153944.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
1704472173593.png

Just seen this comment on the Facebook post. He's legit, he wrote The Great British Post Office Scandal. He's written for Private Eye about it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
He’s fucked. To put it bluntly.

Turning into the next Jack Monroe. God help him if he starts another ‘fundraiser’.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.