Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I very much suspect that this is an “everyone look over here and never mention baby formula ever again” moment.

Simon ‘the money was just resting in my account’ Harris.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I very much suspect that this is an “everyone look over here and never mention baby formula ever again” moment.

Simon ‘the money was just resting in my account’ Harris.
I've got a horrible feeling about that too. We'll get an occasional update but never a full account of where the £56k ended up. I suspect he'll end up with at least £20k from it. At a conservative estimate.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Episode 248 of Simon Harris debates an actual intelligent person. Totally inane slobbering as you’d expect. Contributed nothing worth saying, tried a couple of tit gags that fell flat and said “y’know” numerous times. Despite being there to provide the opposite side of the argument, he did his usual thing of ending up agreeing with the other person because he was incapable of countering any of their articulate points. It just sounds like such an effort for him to form words.

They actually put him on a platform with a woman who is a credible journalist, is the chair of BBC children in need and has an OBE. Of course she made some good arguments, Simon. I wouldn’t hold your breath for a creepy tweet back from her congratulating you on doing the same, because you didn’t.

IMG_9676.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They should get him on a phone in about exploiting your kids on social media for freebies. He'd have some good pointers for once.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
More pressure must be applied on him and where the money goes. And he never links to charities and never posts any evidence

Reactions: 11
1704381093691.png

'as you might know'

I didn't know that Simon, you never bleeping mention it ...
---
Hang on, the Horizon Scandal Fund has its own website with a donating form set up? Why is GoFundMe being imposed as the middle man? He must be getting some form of kickback or has a relationship with them.

Even though it's going through GoFundMe's charity wing, they'll still be taking a cut of the donations. I suppose one could argue 'Simon's platform' / 'advertising' is worth the percentage GFM takes if it drives more people to the charity, but Simon could use his platform to throw out the link to their direct page, no?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
There's quite a few quote tweets of his initial tin rattle questioning why he's set the go fund me up, hopefully more and more people are having their eyes opened to his ways

Reactions: 12
I got shouted at before. Which I'll take. I think genger is doing good work. Exposing online grifters for lols and back pats I think is fair dues. I understand why tattle can't be seen to endorse a breakaway terrorist group...

Reactions: 25
I got shouted at before. Which I'll take. I think genger is doing good work. Exposing online grifters for lols and back pats I think is fair dues. I understand why tattle can't be seen to endorse a breakaway terrorist group...
A lot of his investigative work is interesting.

The part about one of the directors also working for Essex Council, that would be something Private Eye would be interested in. He should send them a tip off.

Also the company that got the bounce back loan and was dissolved was the Southend News Network wasn’t it? Strange that the website is still up and running (and recycling shite jobs about Sports Direct mugs). Surely a company can’t be dissolved and still operate?

A lot of his investigative work is interesting.

The part about one of the directors also working for Essex Council, that would be something Private Eye would be interested in. He should send them a tip off.

Also the company that got the bounce back loan and was dissolved was the Southend News Network wasn’t it? Strange that the website is still up and running (and recycling shite jobs about Sports Direct mugs). Surely a company can’t be dissolved and still operate?
That was “D Media Limited”. His failed attempt at building an empire out of sharing dashcam footage. Quite why he needed a Covid bounce back loan to sit at home in his pants and spend even more time on social media is a mystery.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
There's still £24,033.49 unaccounted for in the baby formula pot.

(I won't post my workings, there's only been £25 donated since I last checked on the 29th December. Or £23.78, if I'm being thorough and accounting for what GFM will take out of the two transactions (£20 and £5)).

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Harris seems to slip under the radar a lot of the time. He presents as an affable buffoon with his constant unfunny jokes.
But there are some serious financial questions he needs to answer. He's still sitting on about £25k.

Reactions: 18
I asked immediately on Facebook why he isn’t directing people to donate directly rather than creating his own GoFundMe, and his rather shite answer was that GoFundMe would push the fundraiser because of his high profile?

Nah, we all know it’s so he can leave most of the funds unaccounted for, just like the baby formula. LG is great, he ended Jack Monroe and now it’s Simon’s turn.

Reactions: 22
I asked immediately on Facebook why he isn’t directing people to donate directly rather than creating his own GoFundMe, and his rather shite answer was that GoFundMe would push the fundraiser because of his high profile?

Nah, we all know it’s so he can leave most of the funds unaccounted for, just like the baby formula. LG is great, he ended Jack Monroe and now it’s Simon’s turn.
His high profile? Who the F does he think he is?! 😂😂

ETA- as well as Simon joking with his mate Martin Lewis about sharing Netflix passwords, he's also bleated about Amazon Prime having adverts, and recommending something on Apple TV. Wonder how he affords all those streaming services? For a "content creator" he doesn't seem to create much content

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

I agree. I believe he sets up all these crowdfunders knowing most won't raise *that* much and won't draw much attention. This one for the subpostmasters will not take off as there is the far bigger official one. So like the schools roofs one it will bring in a few hundred or thousand and will then never be mentioned again. All adds up nicely as an earner for fraudulent Fatty.
A couple of fundraisers are a one off and bring in a lot and that is shady as duck too.

• Wow
He also often puts an announcement out on an old GFM pointing to his latest one. So auto emailing all the previous donors.

I am full tin foil hat with no evidence now that there's got to be something going on behind the scenes with GoFundMe. The old adage of cui bono and all that (GoFundMe definitely do) He did write that blog post for them before.

Reactions: 9
I agree. I believe he sets up all these crowdfunders knowing most won't raise *that* much and won't draw much attention. This one for the subpostmasters will not take off as there is the far bigger official one. So like the schools roofs one it will bring in a few hundred or thousand and will then never be mentioned again. All adds up nicely as an earner for fraudulent Fatty.
A couple of fundraisers are a one off and bring in a lot and that is shady as duck too.
I don’t think he steals from GFM because most fundraisers are set up to pay the charity directly. I think he does it for a couple of reasons. Firstly so he can crow about “I raised £x for charity!” If he signposted people to the official fundraiser he wouldn’t be able to keep track of how much was donated because of him.

Secondly it gives him a profile as a community leader and ‘activist’ which gets him the well paid bullshit gigs like making Facebook posts for the council.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think he steals from GFM because most fundraisers are set up to pay the charity directly. I think he does it for a couple of reasons. Firstly so he can crow about “I raised £x for charity!” If he signposted people to the official fundraiser he wouldn’t be able to keep track of how much was donated because of him.

Secondly it gives him a profile as a community leader and ‘activist’ which gets him the well paid bullshit gigs like making Facebook posts for the council.
But he's actually invited groups that aren't registered charities to email him directly for £250 baby formula hand outs, rather than go through the charity ("Feed"?) that was officially dishing money out. How is that not dodgy as heck, and where are the receipts?!

Reactions: 11

I never used to think he stole from the GFM pots but nowadays I think he is way, way more dodgy than I ever gave him credit for.

There are only some fundraisers which go direct to the charity. I know the RNLI one was setup so the cash never had the opportunity to “rest” in his accounts. But lots of them do. The McDonald’s one and obviously the baby formula amongst others all go through the Harris GFM account filter. Where the money goes from there is the great mystery that we’d all like to get to the bottom of.

And yes, I absolutely agree that GFM as an organisation must be greasing his palm in one way or another. I’ve long suspected that he’s some sort of affiliate who’s getting cut in somewhere along the line. But it’s nice to see more and more people on Twitter questioning his motives for being the GoFundMe middle man for causes with established methods to donate.

Please God, please let the house of cards come crashing down soon, it would be the best start to a year ever 😂

I never used to think he stole from the GFM pots but nowadays I think he is way, way more dodgy than I ever gave him credit for.

There are only some fundraisers which go direct to the charity. I know the RNLI one was setup so the cash never had the opportunity to “rest” in his accounts. But lots of them do. The McDonald’s one and obviously the baby formula amongst others all go through the Harris GFM account filter. Where the money goes from there is the great mystery that we’d all like to get to the bottom of.

And yes, I absolutely agree that GFM as an organisation must be greasing his palm in one way or another. I’ve long suspected that he’s some sort of affiliate who’s getting cut in somewhere along the line. But it’s nice to see more and more people on Twitter questioning his motives for being the GoFundMe middle man for causes with established methods to donate.

Please God, please let the house of cards come crashing down soon, it would be the best start to a year ever 😂
I don't actually understand how GFM works so this is very interesting.
I do think he thinks he comes across as harmless. With his jokes and self deprecating comments about himself. Who would distrust jovial chubster Simon. But something is very much amiss.
I see on the subpostmasters tweet he did his usual of putting the disclaimer, in this case the official charity donation link, in comments not in the main tweet. Usual shady behaviour.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.