Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think the tub of lard has had much work since hignfy ages ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He tagged Omid in a tweet previously about look-alikes. Don't think he got an acknowledgement though

Screenshot_20240106_205052_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’d like to applaud everyone on this thread. The crash from smug unfunny hole to freefall chaos in a matter of days is beautiful to see.

I started reading from Hunscast in the last thread. Is this woman O’Callaghan?

7ED34628-27EF-4D3C-A644-D00B788B9193.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure if this is our Simon: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/simon-harris-996b5ab'

I think it might be, he's the same age, based in the same area, and works as a social media manager. He owns a tutoring business called Blaireau and apparently teaches French and IT in a school (plausible; it's a private school and they can hire staff without a PGCE.) If this is is indeed our favourite bearded clown, maybe that's the Blaireau he represents in local authority meetings? If so, why isn't it a registered company?
Certainly seems to be him - he has always struck me as the type of twit who would have their primary school on their cv. No mention of £5 book tokens though.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Even The Cat from Red Dwarf is asking questions about Si.

As much as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed his astronomically funny downfall, I feel we will all face moments when we wish he was still around on Twitter, and this is one of those already.

A few years ago, The Cat tweeted Simon and it sent him into a frenzy. He declared his undying love for everything Red Dwarf and The Cat was “Martin Lewised” for a while. If he was still on Twitter to see Danny sticking the boot in, it would break his little cholesterol clogged heart in two.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’d like to applaud everyone on this thread. The crash from smug unfunny hole to freefall chaos in a matter of days is beautiful to see.

View attachment 2672338
Nope that’s Whinge Winge Wine. Another very unfunny very unoriginal’blogger’. As far as I know she’s not got any GFM grift going on but desperately wants her blog to take off so she doesn’t have to get a real job. The fact she left her husband for someone she met on her blog who has what seems like a very financially good job is very telling. she doesn’t have to grift, just yet. Wildly known in Kent as a know it all and was all the talk of the town when she left her husband from someone she met online

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
As much as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed his astronomically funny downfall, I feel we will all face moments when we wish he was still around on Twitter, and this is one of those already.

A few years ago, The Cat tweeted Simon and it sent him into a frenzy. He declared his undying love for everything Red Dwarf and The Cat was “Martin Lewised” for a while. If he was still on Twitter to see Danny sticking the boot in, it would break his little cholesterol clogged heart in two.

Oh I'd be VERY surprised if he hasn't been watching twitter like a hawk all day from another account. He's very likely seen it!

Reactions: 15
He was paid £65k in ONE WEEK? Blimey, hey Essex CC, where’s mine? All my work is public health and social care related.…and also in Essex plus I run a successful FB group for parents of autistic children with far more engagement than the ones Simon is admin of.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

View attachment 2672338
Folks - this is O'Callaghan

---
And then this is a summary of the "community campaign" model which they persuaded their own management to devote the funds to the exercise that eventually went its way:
---
Part of the grift appears to have been that the original page got a lot of followers very quickly indeed - and I do wonder whether this was achieved organically or whether something might have been done with all of those government induced volunteer sign ups at the beginning of the pandemic if you remember? That's just speculation though. Harris may have also brought his own followers too, but of course they are from all over the place (well they were before the account deletion). The main issue being though, that again and again 5 MILLION PEOPLE a month kept on being quoted and that appears impressive but not if you stop and think about it and undersrtand how FB counts impression. O'Callaghan left Essex County Council when there was a change in leadership and I wonder if someone said "hold on a second, what's going on here" - the facebook payments continued to Harris and others, but not nearly as much. And remember, the various pages were admined by a range of people, not just Harris, so in assessing value for money it would also be important to figure out how much went out to him AND others too - as I have said, at the centre of it all was O'Callaghan.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
That video of O’Callaghan really does shed some light on how they ended up spunking hundreds of thousands of pounds on a plethora of woeful Facebook pages where the posts get less likes than my ramblings on Tattle for duck sake 😂

She just oozes incompetence. Hopefully her departure from ECC was down to somebody holding her accountable for this abject waste of my money. But it seems she’s just moved on to the NHS to repeat the trick with the same imbecile, Harris.

Also, someone needs to tell her to stand the duck still when she’s doing an interview. I got sea sick watching that.

Reactions: 14
I've been having a crisis of confidence now this has got more attention because what if we're wrong, misread the docs, making something out of nothing etc. etc.

It could all be legit, and I think the idea is a good one as a way of maximising local comms in the digital age. It could be worth the amount of money that is being thrown at it (in terms of institutional budgets, it's a middling amount). And if there's other employees downstream of the payments being made to the named individual, then you know.

It's just all so muddy and weird though.

Reactions: 4
Oh my god, this is absolutely glorious. I’ve not been on Tattle all weekend and it’s all kicked off beautifully.

I’ve been waiting for the downfall of this bleep for so long. Deleting everything in a knee jerk reaction is not the action of an innocent man! I can’t wait to see what happens next.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've been having a crisis of confidence now this has got more attention because what if we're wrong, misread the docs, making something out of nothing etc. etc.

It could all be legit, and I think the idea is a good one as a way of maximising local comms in the digital age. It could be worth the amount of money that is being thrown at it (in terms of institutional budgets, it's a middling amount). And if there's other employees downstream of the payments being made to the named individual, then you know.

Maybe we are wrong, maybe it's all legit, but those questions should still be asked. It is muddy and weird, and that's not just about Simon but the way ECC/Essex NHS have done things - transparency about how large sums of taxpayers' money are being used is in the public interest

Reactions: 18

If there were other employees downstream of Simon then if he is acting as a sole trader he should be registered with HMRC for PAYE purposes. I don't think it would be required if he was hiring subcontractors. In any case, taking in that much money as a sole trader is eyebrow raising and I think it's fair to ask for transparency and clarity as it's taxpayers' money. Also much less risky and more tax efficient to set up a limited company, but then you have to publish your accounts....

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.