Simon Harris #4 He lost 5 stone, and gained 457 thousand pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had a scroll down the Together For Suffolk Facebook page that is obviously another brainchild of the Harris/O’Callaghan/Social Kind(ness) axis of bilge.

I’d love to know how much the NHS and Suffolk council are paying for that. The first 10 posts have a combined total of 29 likes. And 15 of those were on one post. Half of the 10 are complete airshots that didn’t get a single interaction of any form.

So if it’s all the same to you, Kirsty, I’ll take your hot tips on how to use Facebook groups to communicate with residents, and file them on my log burner.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I've been having a crisis of confidence now this has got more attention because what if we're wrong, misread the docs, making something out of nothing etc. etc.

It could all be legit, and I think the idea is a good one as a way of maximising local comms in the digital age. It could be worth the amount of money that is being thrown at it (in terms of institutional budgets, it's a middling amount). And if there's other employees downstream of the payments being made to the named individual, then you know.

It's just all so muddy and weird though.
Deleting everything is suss, if he had nothing to hide he could’ve released a statement about his work with the council

Reactions: 26
Going ‘scorched earth’ and deleting everything is the modern day equivalent of sweating profusely over the shredder as its capacity is tested, and his identity is based on having a large audience on social media. I’d say this was absolutely panic on his part, which makes me wonder *what* he was panicking about.

I think Twitter accounts can be revived within 30 days (?) of deletion, so there’s nothing to say he won’t be back.

Reactions: 25
I like to picture him waking up this morning and momentarily forgetting about the last couple of days as his brain wakes up. He remembers the kids go back to school tomorrow. Muscle memory takes over as he grabs his phone and races to open Twi…. “OH YEAH. BOLLOCKS!!!” 🍌

IMG_9683.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
If there were other employees downstream of Simon then if he is acting as a sole trader he should be registered with HMRC for PAYE purposes. I don't think it would be required if he was hiring subcontractors. In any case, taking in that much money as a sole trader is eyebrow raising and I think it's fair to ask for transparency and clarity as it's taxpayers' money. Also much less risky and more tax efficient to set up a limited company, but then you have to publish your accounts....
Precisely
---
And here we are folks - the new role for Harris - identified and proposed as early as November 2022 by whoever but..... Kirsty O'Callaghan (the report Author).

https://www.midandsouthessex.ics.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Att-F-Community-Assembly-1.pdf

May I refer you to page 5 where the it is stated that the membership of a Community Assembley should include a "Digital Community Leader" with "100K plus following".

I wonder who she had in mind?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Really don't think we need to worry about having got anything wrong. If it was all above board and legit, he'd say so and do it gladly as it's not like the legions of sheep who adore him would have any problem with it. Deleting social media, and especially his twitter seems like something he'd only do as an ultimate last resort given his complete social media/attention addiction so something has REALLY put the frighteners up him and why would a man who'd done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide feel worried? Very possibly there is more at play behind the scenes than we know about. Note though that while he's deleted everything from his personal facebook page, he's kept it active as he likely wouldn't be able to access and run all the Essex and Suffolk council pages without it.

Reactions: 17
Precisely
---
And here we are folks - the new role for Harris - identified and proposed as early as November 2022 by whoever but..... Kirsty O'Callaghan (the report Author).

https://www.midandsouthessex.ics.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Att-F-Community-Assembly-1.pdf

May I refer you to page 5 where the it is stated that the membership of a Community Assembley should include a "Digital Community Leader" with "100K plus following".

I am a big supporter of the idea of the NHS ... but it just says SO much about how the organisation operates doesn't it that people like this can seemingly flourish.

Maybe we are wrong, maybe it's all legit, but those questions should still be asked. It is muddy and weird, and that's not just about Simon but the way ECC/Essex NHS have done things - transparency about how large sums of taxpayers' money are being used is in the public interest
And the commercial/tender process needs to be reviewed. IMO, this is not good use of public funds, especially with so many council services cut to the bone. Admittedly I don’t live in, or know about ECC, and if they cut services but I’m sure they would have whilst at the same time paying this fat wank for pissing about on the internet.

you can tell this guy has no male pals, and has found a group online which he would never have IRL. He is a complete melt.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Precisely
---

Digital community leader? Digital bleep more like.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
After someone (seaford??) said earlier this morning about his instagram, I went for a look. Some interesting comments:

could be nothing, but…

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Precisely
---

Interesting. Need to re-read it but this stood out as unusual on page 1. “N/A” isn’t the same as “none”… she was a director and sole shareholder of Social Kindness at the time.

IMG_8139.jpeg

My employer expects all employees and contractors to register as a potential conflict all outside company directorships, all shareholdings >25% of any outside company, and IIRC all shareholdings >2% of any publicly listed company.

ETA: That document is textbook public sector busywork. It really boils my bleeping piss that people like this are rinsing taxpayers down for this sort of waffle while no doubt bleating about austerity.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
And the commercial/tender process needs to be reviewed. IMO, this is not good use of public funds, especially with so many council services cut to the bone. Admittedly I don’t live in, or know about ECC, and if they cut services but I’m sure they would have whilst at the same time paying this fat wank for pissing about on the internet.

you can tell this guy has no male pals, and has found a group online which he would never have IRL. He is a complete melt.
You hear all these reports across the UK about councils effectively going bankrupt and this is why. What the duck was he getting all this money for?!
I just thought he was your typical irritating ‘leftie’ Twitter personality and I had to block him aaaages ago after seeing that annoying 😳 face under EVERY SINGLE TWEET ever, never realised the extent of the grift !

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Interesting. Need to re-read it but this stood out as unusual on page 1. “N/A” isn’t the same as “none”… she was a director and sole shareholder of Social Kindness at the time.

View attachment 2673205

My employer expects all employees and contractors to register as a potential conflict all outside company directorships, all shareholdings >25% of any outside company, and IIRC all shareholdings >2% of any publicly listed company.
The defendability of this was that Harris was never a named director of SocialKind other than on their website - but not registered at companies house. Also, I can't find any evidence of the Community Assembley ever having been...ahem... assembled so I am not sure what came of this or how much he was paid by Mid and South Essex ICB. An FOI would get to the root of that. Assuming he was paid or that this was the intent, the conflict may be that the exact same model of social media "influencing" was being used in Suffolk for which Suffolk were also paying SocialKind (that is in their payment publications but I haven't had the chance to go through them in detail) and unless we are to believe that O'Callaghan was doing all of that work, and not paying SH for the work, given the content and house style is indentical, then the related business interests is where the conflict of interest would absolutely have existed and needed to have been declared.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Kirsty's former boss - I suspect this is where the sense of monetary entitlement came from:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21407014.council-defends-six-figure-salary-health-boss/
---
Maybe now a chance to try something new? An idea that he'd always wanted to try but never had the time....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The Facebook page for his book of literal crap is still up, no one seems to have spotted that though

Maybe I should copy him and write a book called Big Badger’s Done a Blunder teaching kids how to avoid being a grifter on social media?

• Haha
I've never heard of Rachael Swindon. that isn't a cry for someone to give me the low-down, because quite frankly i don't think i can handle another grifter to be angry about.

• Haha
I've never heard of Rachael Swindon. that isn't a cry for someone to give me the low-down, because quite frankly i don't think i can handle another grifter to be angry about.
A sort of Supertanskii/Harry's Last Stand type, mostly shouting about politics, rumoured to be a bloke/her husband running the account - constant begs for money due to numerous dead/dying cats and vet bills, ailing relatives and benefit claims being delayed.

Lots of tweets began 'I hate to ask, but...'

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.