Simon Cowell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His camp seem to be portraying his adoption of a lower profile as a willing and conscious decision, but it's blindingly obvious that his career has been on the downturn for the last decade. X Factor USA flopped, followed by the UK version's slide in ratings, as well as BGT's rapid decline more recently. His record label went kaput long ago. And that's not to mention the string of new TV formats he's attempted which have been canned after one series, including Red or Black, Walk The Line, and some cookery show where the winner would have their recipe turned into a ready meal (how enticing...)

If he could still command the attention and the audiences he used to then it'd be a very different story.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
So it says in the DM that Cowell is retiring from the public eye. Time to reflect on all the lives he’s caused misery to, all the people he has silenced with unfair contracts. Bastard.

He seems to be moving out of his London mansion to coincide with this? Wonder if he has slight money problems- I mean he earned millions but hasn’t really worked for like a decade and spends a lot 😆
---
I guess Gen Z don’t really know who he is 🤷🏻‍♀️ the X factor hasn’t been good since like 2012

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Lol, I’m a mere pleb nobody without a ‘start thread’ privilege. Could you, be a dear? I’m so intrigued too, to hear if anyone has goss on exactly how “Lady“ Green spends her time in Monaco. Mind boggles.

In the meantime, these are the latest Simon pics. I don’t really know what to say, it’s so sad at this point. Mail being usual arses, “oversized shirt” e.t.c

That mouth screams stroke to me unfortunately. I don't think it's just surgery gone wrong.
---
His camp seem to be portraying his adoption of a lower profile as a willing and conscious decision, but it's blindingly obvious that his career has been on the downturn for the last decade. X Factor USA flopped, followed by the UK version's slide in ratings, as well as BGT's rapid decline more recently. His record label went kaput long ago. And that's not to mention the string of new TV formats he's attempted which have been canned after one series, including Red or Black, Walk The Line, and some cookery show where the winner would have their recipe turned into a ready meal (how enticing...)

If he could still command the attention and the audiences he used to then it'd be a very different story.

Interesting they're saying that his fiancé has taken over the running of Syco with very little input from him. Certainly lends credence to the idea that he isn't well.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Just a tinyyyy thing, drugs can make you do weird things with your mouth like that as well. Think he is ill though, he’s older with a kid now so sure he’s not taking illicit drugs
---
And obvs other aspects of his appearance are problematic too

Reactions: 3
He seems to be moving out of his London mansion to coincide with this? Wonder if he has slight money problems- I mean he earned millions but hasn’t really worked for like a decade and spends a lot 😆
---
I guess Gen Z don’t really know who he is 🤷🏻‍♀️ the X factor hasn’t been good since like 2012
I can't imagine it's money related, X factor and got Talent franchises still sell internationally in a decent number of markets even if the UK/US have declined/stopped, as have a decent number of other countries. So he must still have decent income.

Reactions: 5
Agree with what’s been said but I also assume Eric is being educated in the UK?
I suspect they are looking at private/ public schools and will want to be nearby.

They don’t need to be in London anymore - they will keep a *small* staffed apartment and buy a country home, and with £45m they will stay have change to probably educate an entire Oxfordshire village

Reactions: 4
I was shocked when he appeared on BGT this year as I thought that we’d never see him on TV again. He’s clearly not well. There have been rumours of cancer and a degenerative illness. He kept wearing sun glasses on BGT to hide his eyes and often seemed quite vacant and as thought he didn’t know what to say. I wondered if he’d had a stroke.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It does make me slightly nostalgic for those X factor years and the excitement of Saturday night :) And Simonnnnn Cowelll and the audience would boo when he came out

The Tom Bower biography of him was recommended to me- Sweet Revenge

Reactions: 11
I'm quite shocked that they're not settling in LA. Lauren's older son would have a much shorter flight away from there.

I still can't get my head around anyone giving a child up to be someone's beard... nothing in this world would ever convince me that SC is straight. And they're not married (publicly, anyway) so she may well be left out in the cold if something does happen to him.

I think it’s telling he’s handed over the running of his business to her. There were rumours about them getting married a while back. It’s possible that they are and its just not been made public. She’s stayed with him longer than any of his other ‘partners’ have, it all feels a bit like he’s getting his affairs in order.

Cynical me is wondering if he's getting his affairs in order to protect himself financially from something coming out. Lucy Spraggan went public but how many have not and are rethinking how they were treated by the team on his shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I sadly agree with him stepping back from it all to avoid litigation. If the company is no longer active, there is no one to sue.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Seeing those photos of him in the DM 😳he’s definitely not well. He looks like he has facial paralysis. Kind of like Bell’s palsy. I know two ppl that suffered with it for months after having the covid vax

Reactions: 6
Those last pics in the DM, the mouth. Reminds me of a friend's Mum. Huntingdon's disease can also cause facial palsy.

Reactions: 4
I thought that came on much earlier in life
Not that I am aware of, I only know it via a best mates Mum had it and now bestie too, who is mid 50's. Her face is starting to change, more so when animated, speech slurs. Horrible disease.

Cowell handing Syco over to Lauren feels pretty big.

Reactions: 7