Silliest reason you’ve ghosted/stopped speaking to someone?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many years ago I started seeing someone a month before my birthday. Three days before my birthday he told me to keep the morning of my birthday free because he had arranged a surprise birthday gift for me. I really liked him and felt even more loved up when he told me that. The three days dragged and eventually saturday morning arrived. He picked me up and took me to a tattoo parlour where he had booked an appointment for me to have his name tattooed on my wrist 😦. I take it he wanted it on my wrist because it would be visible to other boys that I was someone elses property. I politely declined but he just thought I needed more time to think about it and said 'we can always come back next week'. I got him to drop me back home and then blocked him.
Seriously, that is frighteningly possessive and entitled, just assuming you would consent to that without asking after knowing him only a month.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I went out with a guy once for a few years, we were both living in the same town, and once went to stay on his parent’s farm for the weekend, a few hours away. We went parking at night and he patted my stomach and said ‘you need to do some work there’ - obviously thinking I was getting too chubby for him. I was 23 and probably in the best shape of my life and he was no bleeping oil painting anyway. But surprisingly that wasn’t the main reason I stopped contact with him - his folks had a sheep property and we’d gone for a walk and saw a fox, and he set the dog on it and I had to watch while this dog ripped the fox apart. I’m no city mouse, I know the damage a fox does, but at least kill the thing quickly with a shot gun, not like this.

Stopped all contact with him after that. Married a man I once watched rescue a mouse who was caught in our lace curtains in the middle of the night and gently put it on our back lawn so the cat wouldn’t get it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hahahahha no! No way 😂😂😂😂 whyyyy a mushroom?!

of all the food items to use to try and create positive connections between... a mushroom! 😂 I’m dead, that’s finished me off haha.

what did he expect your reaction to be?! “Mmmm I can’t wait to get that fungi in my mouth later” 🤷🏻‍♀️
I can't even write what his sentence was to try and get me in the mood:ROFLMAO::sick: it hauntssssss me hahahah

I think it was the shape?! But I have never ever seen a penis and though 'wow, very mushroom like' 😂

'The tic-tac'? Sounds like the endowment of a mouse!
He LOVED the fact it was small I've never met a man so proud of his small willy 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
@bookworm1403 please pleeeease tell us :LOL:
I'm putting it in a spoiler because some people may be eating their sunday roasts and it's not fair to ruin people's dinner 😂 😂 😂

"Will you lick my mushroom?"

Jesus Christ. I still can't believe a person asked me that... and he was the first I'd ever been intimate with. How it wasn't ruined for me I don't know😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I'm putting it in a spoiler because some people may be eating their sunday roasts and it's not fair to ruin people's dinner 😂 😂 😂

"Will you lick my mushroom?"

Jesus Christ. I still can't believe a person asked me that... and he was the first I'd ever been intimate with. How it wasn't ruined for me I don't know😂
Oh christ :LOL:
Tbh he sounds like he has one of those humiliation fetishes. You know, the kinda guy who gets off to you telling him how inferior/small his cock is? :oops:

• Haha
Oh christ :LOL:
Tbh he sounds like he has one of those humiliation fetishes. You know, the kinda guy who gets off to you telling him how inferior/small his cock is? :oops:
Maybe?! He would say some weird things... it lasted like two weeks and he was gone.

Later he dated a very good friend of mine for two years. I've never asked her what he used to say to her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m howling at these stories

i once ghosted a fella due to the fact that A-he was a nob and B-he took me,on our first date to a really upmarket coffee shop

i didn’t have a clue what half the drinks where and when he got his,it was a teapot with what looked like smoke billowing out of it

im a northern working class gal who would have been happy at costa but he felt the need to try and impress me in a setting I wasn’t comfortable in-I felt so out of place

plus he was a right nob who sent me dick pics and told me to suck on it-nah

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh god-the lad who happened to have the same name as one of my brothers

i just couldn't

i had visions of shouting my brothers name during sex-i know that’s shallow but I just couldn’t

and the bloke who’d spilt with his ex wife and she had got away due to his dv

he claimed he’d only hit her ‘the once’ and he was obsessed with her-and not in a good way

it was ‘my ex wife took my car/money from the sale of the house/his furniture etc’
the whole date

the first thing he did on our date was go to EE and buy a tracker to put in her (his-he claimed) car so he could see if she went out-he proudly showed me-and spent ages setting it up on his phone

oddly his daughter didn’t really get a mention-it was all about ex wife-he wasn’t worried about seeing the child or her welfare

I only stayed on the date as about 10 people knew where I was,and we where in public and I thought it would get better

it didn’t-I finished my Costa (that I’d paid for-that’s fine,but I paid for his too (he demanded a large coffee-not ‘the crappy regular size’) as he was too busy banging on about this poor woman) and I legged it

for about a month afterwards I got text updates about where she’d been and who she’d rang (he seemed to have her phone bills)

no how are you?more ‘she’s been to the DOCTORS!’

I couldn’t cope,blocked him on everything,changed my number and ghosted him

i also ghosted a bloke who smoked a tit ton of weed-he was that paranoid he started screaming at me that I’d stolen his weed-I hadn’t touched it-I don’t do it

turned out he had a cannabis farm going on in his bedroom-I’d never been near his flat and nowhere near his bedroom-he lived in an area I’d never been to-I didn’t find out til later he had this bloody farm

we had mutual friends and they turned on me too-for stealing weed that A-I didn’t touch B-had no chance of taking any C-didn’t know about it and D-they knew I don’t smoke it it!(not having a pop at anyone who does-it just makes me feel ill)

from what I can gather he plastered it all over fb that I’d taken a whole cannabis farm worth of weed plants and walked 4 miles home with it all!

and they believed him!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh god-the lad who happened to have the same name as one of my brothers

i just couldn't

i had visions of shouting my brothers name during sex-i know that’s shallow but I just couldn’t

and the bloke who’d spilt with his ex wife and she had got away due to his dv

he claimed he’d only hit her ‘the once’ and he was obsessed with her-and not in a good way

it was ‘my ex wife took my car/money from the sale of the house/his furniture etc’
the whole date

the first thing he did on our date was go to EE and buy a tracker to put in her (his-he claimed) car so he could see if she went out-he proudly showed me-and spent ages setting it up on his phone

oddly his daughter didn’t really get a mention-it was all about ex wife-he wasn’t worried about seeing the child or her welfare

I only stayed on the date as about 10 people knew where I was,and we where in public and I thought it would get better

it didn’t-I finished my Costa (that I’d paid for-that’s fine,but I paid for his too (he demanded a large coffee-not ‘the crappy regular size’) as he was too busy banging on about this poor woman) and I legged it

for about a month afterwards I got text updates about where she’d been and who she’d rang (he seemed to have her phone bills)

no how are you?more ‘she’s been to the DOCTORS!’

I couldn’t cope,blocked him on everything,changed my number and ghosted him

i also ghosted a bloke who smoked a tit ton of weed-he was that paranoid he started screaming at me that I’d stolen his weed-I hadn’t touched it-I don’t do it

turned out he had a cannabis farm going on in his bedroom-I’d never been near his flat and nowhere near his bedroom-he lived in an area I’d never been to-I didn’t find out til later he had this bloody farm

we had mutual friends and they turned on me too-for stealing weed that A-I didn’t touch B-had no chance of taking any C-didn’t know about it and D-they knew I don’t smoke it it!(not having a pop at anyone who does-it just makes me feel ill)

from what I can gather he plastered it all over fb that I’d taken a whole cannabis farm worth of weed plants and walked 4 miles home with it all!

and they believed him!

I don't want to be this person but did you not think to report him to the police?? That's scary behaviour!!

Reactions: 3
I don't want to be this person but did you not think to report him to the police?? That's scary behaviour!!
I did but they didn’t want to know-they just said he hadn’t committed any crime
to be fair,once I changed my number and blocked him I didn’t hear anything else

Reactions: 1
I did but they didn’t want to know-they just said he hadn’t committed any crime
to be fair,once I changed my number and blocked him I didn’t hear anything else
God that is horrendous!! You'd think they would be more interested given that he's outwardly talking about it and admitted being violent!

I'm glad you didn't hear anything else! Feel for that poor woman who is being stalked by him though!

I don’t know if a ghoster as such. Just a fizzle out-erer?

One guy cause we met up to go to the cinema and he didn’t say a single word the whole time. I’ve never been more glad for a cinema date. As soon as the film was over I was like “I have to leave bye”. Weirdly he text me later to say he’d “had a lovely time” and I was like ???How???? You said all of 3 words.
He was also leaning way to close to me the whole time we were in the cinema.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I went on a date with this guy once and he had long hair and tattoos. He was ok looking, not really my type. Anyway his name began with a P and I thought nothing of it but in the middle of the date he was like ‘do you think I look like Pete from towie? Cos I get it a lot’ and I was like ‘errrm no not really?’ And he looked at me like I just told him I killed his cat. He was really offended, was all ‘oh really? I get it a lot. Look’ lifted up his phone, his phone background was Pete from towie. He put his phone next to his face and went ‘what about now?’ I went ‘not really?’ And he really got the hump about it! Started going on saying that their hair is ‘identical’ and he gets told he should apply for a lookalike job. He was like ‘people call me ____ the pirate. We even have the same first initial. I can’t believe you don’t see it’ during the date someone kept looking at us and he went , ‘I think they think I’m Pete from Towie’ 🤣 anyway he eventually dropped the ‘I look like Pete from towie’ nonsense and he was ok but I just couldn’t get it out my head 🤣 soon as I got out the cab I blocked him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A fair few years ago I’d been chatting to a guy online for a while … AOL chat just to show how old this is 😆. He seemed really nice, said he owned a restaurant and talked a lot about travel and food etc.
I took a train to the town he lived in and I met him in a bar at lunchtime. This guy absolutely reeked of chip fat! That horrible lard smell. So it turns out his ‘restaurant’ is a kebab van and after we had a drink he wanted to show me said van, but first we had to go via Tesco to pick up some salad supplies for the van 🤨
I said I was going to the toilets in Tesco and I then made a run for it back to the train station … I hid in the station toilets till the next train to London arrived 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I ghosted purely because of ZERO conversation. He asked me at one point what my favourite colour was.
Bye bye 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 6