Silliest reason you’ve ghosted/stopped speaking to someone?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine isn’t as interesting as all yours!

But I had an online friend who used to talk to me daily. We met online through a fan community. I didn’t mind the messages at first but then it was constant, multiple messages a day. More than I message anyone in my real life! Because she was younger than me, she started sending all these memes and Viral tweets that I just didn’t understand cos I’m too old 😂 I tried to phase her out by replying less. Then one day she suggested we meet up cos we were gonna be in London on the same day. That tipped it over the edge for me cos I thought we had an understanding it was a fandom friendship. I’d never even told her my name! Anyway I didn’t ghost, I was just (80%) honest and told her I needed to move on with my life and that I think we should stop talking to each other completely. I did feel really bad but she was very gracious, bless her.

Reactions: 4
Mine isn’t funny, just incredibly petty

first date, cinema - so already off to a bad start. He orders popcorn, I politely decline any food. Now what REALLY bugged me, and I don’t know why, was every 5-10 mins he’d pick up the popcorn, eat some, them put it back down. And repeat. Throughout the whole film. And I don’t know why but it really bothered me!!!! I remember at the time asking myself why it annoyed me so much - I still don’t know the answer

so yeah I stopped replying to him after that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember when I was 15 I ghosted a lad I was seeing for a while... he was nice enough but felt like I was under niagra falls when he kissed me for the first time. I genuinely felt sick.

Another time was when I was talking to someone on MSN for aaaaages ( he was a mutual friend) anyway we met up, and I didn't believe it was him. His picture looked like a completely different person, in real life his teeth were rotten and awful and he was a full on goth with acne allover his face. I felt like I had been done over, you know when in your head you have an expectation of someone and they are the complete opposite?! Gutting 😝

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’ve somewhat ghosted my work colleagues this week and it feels emancipating. Our office is the size of a stationery cupboard and my colleagues are a married couple who are constantly complaining about others, passive aggressively undermining me, bragging and stroking each other’s egos.

My confidence has been chipped away at every day since the new term began and I had a cry on Sunday about the prospect of work on Monday.

I’m already feeling so much better only really having to engage during meeting time. I think that today they’ve started to twig somethings up, but I’ll be nice and maintain that I’ve got a lot of recording to do, a dance to rehearse and big projects that take up to much desk space so they wouldn’t want me there...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh OH! I have a juicy one actually!

I met a guy on a night out when I was a hostess in a club and we got chatting in the VIP lounge after I’d finished my shift. He was hella funny, not creepy, my type, I was tipsy so offered him my number to which he replied, I already have it, you stopped replying? And showed me his phone with my name and number in there... that man (I found out later) is a premier league footballer with a long term GF and an illegitimate child with a wannabe zeleb.

I asked how he had my number and he told me where he asked for my number 18 months previously (for info: he wasn’t playing in the premiership, nobody knew who he was but he was funny as duck and my type) I remembered why I stopped replying to him - he was such a beg, constantly texting, I found it so overwhelming I ghosted him in favour of another man I’d met that night 🤣 nothing came of the other man either but I thank my lucky stars I ghosted him when I read what he’s been up to since I met him!
Kyle Walker 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably being pretty and pedantic and thought too much into it but they became extremely clingy very quickly. I'd be busy and wouldn't speak to them for a day and they'd message 3-4 times with 'I miss you' and 'where are you?'. The compliments came in thick and fast and heavy af as well. They were eager to meet but we're in the middle of a pandemic (thank f#ck). I'd get random messages throughout the day like 'I adore you' or 'I think the world of you'. Then the 'you could move in with me' came (yes seriously) and it scared me off because it was just too full on right off the bat; we'd only been speaking for a few weeks! I'm totally not a romantic type and I certainly ain't one of those u-haul lesbians that's for damn sure. Yikes!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Sounds like my ex boyfriend, dirty toilet + the flop. I think you should listen to your gut and run, if he lives in South Yorkshire, count your blessings you listened to your gut and still run!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was seeing a man, he was good to me, chatty, entertaining, all the good things but I couldn't get past his feet. He had many pairs of shoes but they all seemed to be pulled in an abnormal shape. I convinced myself that if he took his shoes off he would have flippers for feet. Once this thought was in my head I couldn't get it out. I ended it but he said he would give me more time to think about it, said he understood I wanted to take it slowly but would I consider going away with him for a weekend? A kind of make or break weekend. All I could think of was the shoes will have to come off and even if they are not flippers they must be flipper shaped. Silly and unfair but the shape spooked me. No wonder I was on my own for a long time!
BUT... did you ever find out if he had flippers or feet? 🤣

Reactions: 3
BUT... did you ever find out if he had flippers or feet? 🤣
Never brave enough. I saw him from a distance some years later with a woman and a child in a pushchair. I got as close as I dared to try and clock the child's feet. They were shod in woolly bootees' and it didn't look good. :oops: I'm going to hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 14