Silliest reason you’ve ghosted/stopped speaking to someone?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I am soooo happy this thread has been resurrected it is genuinely one of my favourites and I’m not just saying that ‘cos it’s mine!

Reactions: 4
Inviting a friend on a weekend away and being met with a sarcastic "I only earn xxx per year so I can't afford it but if YOU'RE paying ..." Yes, I was offering to pay which was what I explicitly said upfront! I thought that was so unnecessarily bitchy and froze her out for a while

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Inviting a friend on a weekend away and being met with a sarcastic "I only earn xxx per year so I can't afford it but if YOU'RE paying ..." Yes, I was offering to pay which was what I explicitly said upfront! I thought that was so unnecessarily bitchy and froze her out for a while
Ooh yes let’s talk about ghosting friends on this thread. I’ve ghosted so many “friends” in my life. Waaay more than any date

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was seeing someone for a while… never went downstairs in his house. Always stayed upstairs he lived with his mom…

one night after he made me a pizza I went down to put the plate in the kitchen and my lord I was nearly sick!!
the state of the place! It was disgusting.
id never seen anything like it!
And I’d just eaten the pizza- admittedly didn’t taste of look bad.
Safe to say the pizza was regurgitated and I swiftly left!

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I've 'soft ghosted' friends and properly ghosted an ex. Some may think it's crappy behaviour but it felt like the right thing to do at the time, maybe I would've done things differently in hindsight. The ex I ghosted because our relationship was toxic, pretty sure he was cheating and I was also onto better things in life so it was easier to just leave. The two friends were because I didn't enjoy spending time with them, one was too dominant and the other too basic and stingy, nothing more to it.

Edit: I've just realised that I've put a dead serious paragraph on despite the thread title, oops :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Over the course of few weeks he whenever he sent me photos of himself (example being: new shirt! Or I got a haircut. Nothing unsolicited) he was in the bathroom and the loo seat was always up. I can’t stand when people leave the loo seat up. I said to him do you always leave the loo seat up and he went ‘erm, yeah, everyone does?’ and I couldn’t do it. I blocked him.

Another one I blocked because he sent me an unsolicited masturbation video and he was on the loo and he had pulled his pants down and was wanking off with his pants on the floor on the loo. A) anything unsolicited is a no no and b) wanking on the loo? A close up of your pants? Is that all I’m worth?! Aesthetically I want to vomit.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Over the course of few weeks he whenever he sent me photos of himself (example being: new shirt! Or I got a haircut. Nothing unsolicited) he was in the bathroom and the loo seat was always up. I can’t stand when people leave the loo seat up. I said to him do you always leave the loo seat up and he went ‘erm, yeah, everyone does?’ and I couldn’t do it. I blocked him.

Another one I blocked because he sent me an unsolicited masturbation video and he was on the loo and he had pulled his pants down and was wanking off with his pants on the floor on the loo. A) anything unsolicited is a no no and b) wanking on the loo? A close up of your pants? Is that all I’m worth?! Aesthetically I want to vomit.
Wanking while sat on the toilet 😖🤣 that’s scandalous.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Met up with

First guy he looked like he was made of plastic. Very Ken doll vibes.

Second guy: hard to even get a conversation going.

Third guy: : I asked if i could pay him back later. He said that was okay. I asked what the largest amount people had owed him. £500+ . That he left it to the universe and believed in Karma. I do also believe in that but to me that was just a sign that he was a wouldn’t even stand up for himself .

Third friend: he asked if I wanted to be his friend with benefits and he started talking about masturbation and how it felt for him.We had been close but it changed the way I saw him. We had tickets to a show in London but i lied and told him i canceled mine and he cancelled his ( he got a full refund ) and i went on my own.

Fourth friend: Another guy i’ve known for a
long time. He asked if i would go out with him and i said no. He came over to mine angry and called me an asshole when i had said i needed my household item an extra day (i was leaving it behind ) .

Friends:

1) when someone canceled on me three times in a row, yet threw a birthday party for someone’s else. I later found out with the party was thrown just as a distraction as his sister had just died but they didn’t tell me.

We reconnected a while back but she’s never the one to contact me. We haven’t spoken in more then 7 months and she forgot my birthday which was a week after hers and I actually ordered her something. (Nothing fancy but I printed photos from her instagram account so she would have hard copies and a small snack box).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
This thread is gold.

I always thought I’ve never ghosted anyone but thinking about it I have ghosted unintentionally guys.

I do it because they’ve spelt my name wrong (it’s not hard), they’ve made me go halves on something which was Under £10 😅.

I’ve ghosted a few guys I’ve met on nights out because I can’t remember who they are or if I did text back I called them the wrong name (oh university days) one guy then responded how many guys numbers did you get or give yours out to and I was so embarrassed.

I was once texting a guy I met out in Oceana (IFYKYK) and went to stalk his Facebook and accidentally tagged myself in his picture 😅 was hours before I realised and when he asked why I just couldn’t respond I was mortified.

Last year I ghosted a guy because after a date he text me asking how many dates do we need to go on before we can kiss. 🤯 if we were going to kiss either it would have happened or we would have tried to. I let him down and then ghosted by not answering anything else.
Oceana in Kingston???

This is really lousy of me, all I can say is I was much younger, much less mature and the guy deserved better...

I ghosted a man I met online dating when he told me his full name. He had the same surname as me (not super uncommon but not Smith or Jones) and it felt too weird to date him because of that. Shame on me.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He was a cop who I had made a joke to about liking the green leaf, and he thirst trapped me so he wasn't as cute in his unedited selfies. Also cop. Wasn't worth the frisk me/dirty cop jokes.

Last edited:
I went on a date with this guy once and he had long hair and tattoos. He was ok looking, not really my type. Anyway his name began with a P and I thought nothing of it but in the middle of the date he was like ‘do you think I look like Pete from towie? Cos I get it a lot’ and I was like ‘errrm no not really?’ And he looked at me like I just told him I killed his cat. He was really offended, was all ‘oh really? I get it a lot. Look’ lifted up his phone, his phone background was Pete from towie. He put his phone next to his face and went ‘what about now?’ I went ‘not really?’ And he really got the hump about it! Started going on saying that their hair is ‘identical’ and he gets told he should apply for a lookalike job. He was like ‘people call me ____ the pirate. We even have the same first initial. I can’t believe you don’t see it’ during the date someone kept looking at us and he went , ‘I think they think I’m Pete from Towie’ 🤣 anyway he eventually dropped the ‘I look like Pete from towie’ nonsense and he was ok but I just couldn’t get it out my head 🤣 soon as I got out the cab I blocked him 🤣
Weird, someone else further up on this thread went on a date with a guy obsessed with Pete and had long hair? 😂

I went on a first date with someone and when he got home, He sent me a link to a music video on YouTube, I’ve just tried to scroll back through the chat to find it. I can’t remember what it was… something cringey and he sent a photo of his torso topless laid on his side In bed. 😂

• Haha
I was seeing a man, he was good to me, chatty, entertaining, all the good things but I couldn't get past his feet. He had many pairs of shoes but they all seemed to be pulled in an abnormal shape. I convinced myself that if he took his shoes off he would have flippers for feet. Once this thought was in my head I couldn't get it out. I ended it but he said he would give me more time to think about it, said he understood I wanted to take it slowly but would I consider going away with him for a weekend? A kind of make or break weekend. All I could think of was the shoes will have to come off and even if they are not flippers they must be flipper shaped. Silly and unfair but the shape spooked me. No wonder I was on my own for a long time!
This made me howl 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'd had a few companionable dates with a nice man, his only fault was he was rather large. My friends at work called him 'fat man' but they did say that no-one had treated me as well as fat man had. He hadn't attempted to kiss never mind anything further. He volunteered in a museum that was having an open day and asked if I would go along and see him play a part there. So I did. It was a bus museum and he was dressed up like an old fashioned bus conductor. His belly was bursting out of the brass buttons on his uniform and looked like the Benny Hill character Fred Scuttle. Younger readers may have to google this. The end for me came when he constantly bounced up and down the stairs shouting 'ring ring' on a stationary bus that was going nowhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'd had a few companionable dates with a nice man, his only fault was he was rather large. My friends at work called him 'fat man' but they did say that no-one had treated me as well as fat man had. He hadn't attempted to kiss never mind anything further. He volunteered in a museum that was having an open day and asked if I would go along and see him play a part there. So I did. It was a bus museum and he was dressed up like an old fashioned bus conductor. His belly was bursting out of the brass buttons on his uniform and looked like the Benny Hill character Fred Scuttle. Younger readers may have to google this. The end for me came when he constantly bounced up and down the stairs shouting 'ring ring' on a stationary bus that was going nowhere.
You're a better person than me. I would have dipped when I heard 'bus museum'.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've mentioned this on the "Ick" threads, but I once dumped a guy because he turned up on a date wearing a Peaky Blinders flat cap.
This was almost 40 years before anyone had ever heard of Peaky Blinders so he had no excuse. Back in those days, flat caps were only associated with beer-drinking, whippet-owning Northerners. Ffs, he didn't take it off until we sat down in the pub, so everyone saw me walk in with him wearing it 😭😭😭

• Haha