Silliest reason you’ve ghosted/stopped speaking to someone?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d run a mile. If he can’t even be bothered to clean his loo and sends you an unsolicited pic, it’s a red flag. He’s clearly got zero respect. Are you meant to get off on a d*ck pick 😂. I wouldn’t ghost him, I’d pull him up and just say why you’ve completely gone off him. You don’t owe him anything. But run girl, run!!

Reactions: 6
Many moons ago I was told on a second date with someone from a dating site that he wanted us to have children straightaway as I ‘wasn’t getting any younger’.....I was 29!! 😂 Ps. He also said that I’d have to get rid of my two cats as he didn’t like animals 😏

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This thread is gold.

I always thought I’ve never ghosted anyone but thinking about it I have ghosted unintentionally guys.

I do it because they’ve spelt my name wrong (it’s not hard), they’ve made me go halves on something which was Under £10 😅.

I’ve ghosted a few guys I’ve met on nights out because I can’t remember who they are or if I did text back I called them the wrong name (oh university days) one guy then responded how many guys numbers did you get or give yours out to and I was so embarrassed.

I was once texting a guy I met out in Oceana (IFYKYK) and went to stalk his Facebook and accidentally tagged myself in his picture 😅 was hours before I realised and when he asked why I just couldn’t respond I was mortified.

Last year I ghosted a guy because after a date he text me asking how many dates do we need to go on before we can kiss. 🤯 if we were going to kiss either it would have happened or we would have tried to. I let him down and then ghosted by not answering anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I went on a date with someone who although was kind was way too vain to the point he got his eyebrows done and was more groomed than me . :oops:

I knew i wasn't for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Also a little bit crude, but it wasn't even hard... lovely flop 😖
whyyyy would a man send a dick pic of his floppy knob?!

Never will understand the male fascination with photographing their bits. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I once ghosted a guy because he called Corona Virus The Rona. Instant ick 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
whyyyy would a man send a dick pic of his floppy knob?!

Never will understand the male fascination with photographing their bits. 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's one thing I would never do.

Reactions: 4
Some of these are comedy gold 😂

I ghost people far more often than is acceptable but one that springs to mind is a guy I met on Hinge. He sent me a selfie where he was wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt, white trousers with bare feet. Surprisingly, it was the feet that really turned me off - I can’t even explain it but they just made me feel physically ill 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
I've thought of so many now that have happened over the years 🥴 sooo...
He had a samsung phone = binned (no offence to those who have Samsungs but 18 year old me was addicted to facetiming potential boyfriends🙄😂)
Took me to meet his mum at her workplace on our first date = binned
Called his penis a 'mushroom' and 'the tic-tac' = binned

It's been a rough ride for me x

• Haha
Called his penis a 'mushroom' and 'the tic-tac' = binned

It's been a rough ride for me x
Hahahahha no! No way 😂😂😂😂 whyyyy a mushroom?!

of all the food items to use to try and create positive connections between... a mushroom! 😂 I’m dead, that’s finished me off haha.

what did he expect your reaction to be?! “Mmmm I can’t wait to get that fungi in my mouth later” 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
i was once speaking to a guy who would write texts like they were emails.

"Good morning!
Hope you're well."

etc. gave me the ick bad. bearing in mind he was like 23 years old, so what business does a young man have writing things in that way. I just stopped replying one day

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think this is because I’d already got ‘the ick’ and there’s no going back after that but every time I tried to break it off he ended up giving a sob story or being so nice about me that I couldn’t!! But it got to the point where even nice things would annoy me.. like holding the door for me... I can do it myself, every morning asking what I’m up to and then asking it again to make more conversation later. I just got so fed up with how nice he was which is horrible and looking back he was just trying to make conversation but I should have ended it much sooner!!

I agree with what a pp said about things bugging you if you’re not in to them!! I think if something silly or small is irritating you then it’s because you’re not interested! if my boyfriend now opens the door or asks what I’m doing I wouldn’t even think twice but it used to irritate me as I obvs didn’t like the guy!!

Last edited:
Many years ago I started seeing someone a month before my birthday. Three days before my birthday he told me to keep the morning of my birthday free because he had arranged a surprise birthday gift for me. I really liked him and felt even more loved up when he told me that. The three days dragged and eventually saturday morning arrived. He picked me up and took me to a tattoo parlour where he had booked an appointment for me to have his name tattooed on my wrist 😦. I take it he wanted it on my wrist because it would be visible to other boys that I was someone elses property. I politely declined but he just thought I needed more time to think about it and said 'we can always come back next week'. I got him to drop me back home and then blocked him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Many years ago I started seeing someone a month before my birthday. Three days before my birthday he told me to keep the morning of my birthday free because he had arranged a surprise birthday gift for me. I really liked him and felt even more loved up when he told me that. The three days dragged and eventually saturday morning arrived. He picked me up and took me to a tattoo parlour where he had booked an appointment for me to have his name tattooed on my wrist 😦. I take it he wanted it on my wrist because it would be visible to other boys that I was someone elses property. I politely declined but he just thought I needed more time to think about it and said 'we can always come back next week'. I got him to drop me back home and then blocked him.
I know what you could have said: 'I'll do that if you tattoo my name on your privates first. If you can fit my full first name and surname on there you'll be worth it!'

• Haha
Shared this before.. When he turned up on the first date wearing tracksuit bottoms and his eyebrow had been smashed in the day before.

I SWEAR I kept getting a whiff of chlamydia during our drinks and I could hear the girls at the table next to us trying to work out wtf I was doing with him and wondering if we had just met through an app.

• Haha