Silent Witness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I gave up after episode 3 of this series. Usually I love silent witness, and Jack, but even he couldn't save it for me this series

Reactions: 1
I gave up after episode 3 of this series. Usually I love silent witness, and Jack, but even he couldn't save it for me this series
Episode 5 is when it goes back to the other story,
Tbf the middle two episodes contribute nothing at all except a slight part in ep3.

I don't even think I'll watch the final two parts as I'm just not interested in the storyline.

You also had actors in it who had played major characters in previous series'. There was one who was Nikki's love interest in series 20 for God's sake, that's only a few years ago!

I really miss Leo, Harry, even Clarissa. Unless they go back to standard murders and who done it, Silent Witness is going to die an awful death! The last two good episodes I have seen is the one with the swimming instructor who was killed and then the serial killer who killed teenage boys. Jack is really unlikeable and the other thing is I don't care about Nikki and Jack and their personal lives. I watch it for the drama not for their love story. Not for Action Man Jack sweeping in to save the day or about his Dad or Brother. All of this stuff is just filler to mask the fact they're fast running out of ideas.

Reactions: 4
They need a new team in the Lyle centre the series needs freshening up. Jack and Nikki annoy me. I miss Leo and Harry, even Richard.

I’m still waiting on a thomas replacement, last series when they introduced simone and Adam I thought, Simone = Clarissa and then Nikki would move to ‘Thomas’ and the Adam would be the other pathologist. Then the killed poor Adam off after 5 minutes.

I like Nikki, and I do like Simone too but 2 new people would be nice in addition. I hope Simone does make it abit more interesting next season

Hmm on episode 4, I feel like normal quality storylines have been scrapped in favour of rubbish 1 hour stories because of this stupid 6 episode storyline! and
I’m sorry I’m not convinced by Jack and Nikkis romance…me and jack on the other hand 🤪

Reactions: 2
Finished it now…I don’t understand 😭
My OH and I realised the other day that we hadn’t watched the last episode because we just didn’t care. Was a complete flop this series it needs its usual format and also focus more on the murder stories

Anyone watching the new series?? Finished the first story (Eps 1/2)
MAFIA - hmm my and my bf prefer it when it’s not an organised crime storyline, we like just good old fashion family dispute/secrets murders😅

Anyone watching the new series?? Finished the first story (Eps 1/2)
MAFIA - hmm my and my bf prefer it when it’s not an organised crime storyline, we like just good old fashion family dispute/secrets murders😅
Or that the two of them have been turned into action heroes and not just forensics/pathologists

Having Happy Valley on so close to Silent Witness really makes it clear how crap SW has become. They should just stick to good procedural crime stories and stop having Jack and Nikki run around solving crimes like Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I watched an episode from Series maybe 20 last night and I couldn't get over how unrealistic it was.

Detective says not to talk to IPCC. Jack does anyway. Jack runs away with a theory about a murder and goes behind everyones back being Action Man again. While Thomas pops his head out of his office every 30 minutes and Nikki is harrassing a Detective for answers.

I think to watch this show you have to come to terms with the fact it's not real and for entertainment. Compared to Happy Valley this is slapstick.

Reactions: 3
I agree with the comments about it being unrealistic these days. It used to be brilliant, even with some of the newer cast (although I'm still fondly remember the Amanda Burton era and am still not sure about her randomly popping up last series).

For me I enjoy the humour between the characters the most these days. I thought the lady they brought in last series was really good (where's she gone?? She didn't die or sonething and I've just forgotten??) and I'm warming to the new guy. I did feel quite excited at the other chap potentially becoming the boss. It feels like they have quite a solid cast again.

It's less pathology and case solving now though and instead is all over the top near death experiences every episode when I think viewers might prefer some good old fashioned body dissection and science based case solving.

Still, I do enjoy watching Action Jack Actioning so I'll be tuning in to see how they cheat death this week 😆.

• Heart
I'm a fan but try not overthink just how much they overstep their job roles!!...I'm watching episodes 3/4 ...Nikki is conspicuous by her absence weirdly!

Anyone else recognise the hospital as being Holby City? Nice to see the set being used again!
Now you've said it...was it the heart dept? Where Jac Naylor was based? I only caught the odd episode here and there in recent years and they'd redone that bit from when I'd seen it last.

Now you've said it...was it the heart dept? Where Jac Naylor was based? I only caught the odd episode here and there in recent years and they'd redone that bit from when I'd seen it last.
It was! Darwin! Had to list them off til I remembered it .. Keller, AAU, Darwin - boom! Also did the association with it being Jac’s ward 😅

• Heart