Silent Witness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The summary for next week's ep indicates that another new character may be joining the Lyell (a "forensic ecologist" named Simone who helps Nikki and Jack on an investigation) so we could soon be back up to four on the team

Whats happened to Nikki's American boyf from last season?!
He hasn't even been mentioned. Hmm ...

what do we all think about jack and Clara? Is she his daughter? I don’t think she is, but I think he’s obvs worried about the chance she might be, but I reckon it’ll come out she is Ryan’s.
I think it's possible, but then the summary for an upcoming episode says Jack takes action believing Cara is in danger from Ryan. I can see it working out that she was never in danger, he overreacted, he insists he had to protect her because he's her father, but then finds out Ryan is

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I was quite bored by tonight's episode. Not just the storyline, but how thick the two detectives seem to be. Surely the little lad should still be in police college.

As I said in a previous post, I think I'm more interested in the underlying storyline that there was no mention of this time.

Whats happened to Nikki's American boyf from last season?!
Indeed! It's as though he never existed, unless I have missed mention of him in this series.

Silent Witness felt like a soap opera last night. Really wooden acting (the bit with the hospital trolley nearly hitting the old woman was terribly done).

Adam is a horrific actor. Everything that came out of his word was like he was reading from an autocue

Reactions: 4
I have always watched this programme but feel that it has now run it's course.

did adam really need to die? Why did he turn his back and wtf did he not move when the car drove towards him 😫 it all felt a bit soap opera as someone said above

interesting there was no follow up on the jack/Ryan daughter storyline

did adam really need to die? Why did he turn his back and wtf did he not move when the car drove towards him 😫 it all felt a bit soap opera as someone said above

The Jack storyline is supposed to continue next week - according to the official site Ryan gets out of jail, but Jack takes action believing the girl is in danger from Ryan. And we presumably will find out which one is the biological father

Adam's death did feel extremely contrived ...

Reactions: 1

It looked like the ambulance crew/paramedics gave the impression Adam had 'gone'. Very strange to have a new character go after just a few weeks.

As for the Jack/Ryan daughter/niece storyline, that must still be bubbling on the back burner,

The Jack storyline is supposed to continue next week - according to the official site Ryan gets out of jail, but Jack takes action believing the girl is in danger from Ryan. And we presumably will find out which one is the biological father

Adam's death did feel extremely contrived ...
Our posts crossed by 1 minute!

1) Think it could be dragged out until the end of the series - hopefully not and we find out more beforehand
2) Contrived indeed! Unless there is a miraculous twist next week...

Gutted Adam seems to be dead, I really liked the character and the actor. Overall though this season is a bit all over place. I wonder if it's the impact of covid and restrictions.

Can't believe people saying jack has gained weight, I don't see it myself. I am missing the mma fighting alpha male jack a bit though. He needs a bit more action.

Gutted Adam seems to be dead, I really liked the character and the actor. Overall though this season is a bit all over place. I wonder if it's the impact of covid and restrictions.

Can't believe people saying jack has gained weight, I don't see it myself. I am missing the mma fighting alpha male jack a bit though. He needs a bit more action.
I shouldn’t have read the spoilers as I’m half way through episode 2 from last night but was coming on to say the opposite - Adam: actor is really wooden. If he is dead then he’ll be less distractingly bad.

Also finding the Jack/daughter storyline very boring. I welcome the inclusion of a deaf character but the fact it just so happened Adam could do sign language and Jack’s hamming it up to speak with her was irritating.

I have always watched this programme but feel that it has now run it's course.
I've been watching Silent Witness from the very beginning, way back in 1996, when the terrific Amanda Burton was playing the main character (Sam Ryan). Since Amanda Burton left I feel the programme has gone through cycles - it seems to be really good for a few series and then really dissatifying for a few, then back to good again. I wonder if this is due to different writers, directors etc. I think the current series is pretty awful and if the next series is the same I think it will be time to end the programme and make way for something new.

I've been watching Silent Witness from the very beginning, way back in 1996, when the terrific Amanda Burton was playing the main character (Sam Ryan). Since Amanda Burton left I feel the programme has gone through cycles - it seems to be really good for a few series and then really dissatifying for a few, then back to good again. I wonder if this is due to different writers, directors etc. I think the current series is pretty awful and if the next series is the same I think it will be time to end the programme and make way for something new.
Completely agree. I think writers play a big part. Also I wonder about budget too.

Reactions: 2

He could give me more action any day 🤪

Reactions: 2
Anyone having sound issues in tonight’s episode? It’s really irritating. Cuts out randomly for a mini second and some people are super quiet. Very distracting too.

Well, this is the most boring two-parter this series. I have no idea what is going on with the boxing as the main storyline as it has been put on the back burner for the SL about Jack and his brother 😒

FGS! This is more about Jack/Ryan/Cara, now a budding romance between Jack and Nikki. Was there any point of the main storyline?

Next week is the final two-parter this series. Let's hope it is better than what we have seen so far...

Dafuq was the singing at the end?! I swear I just can't anymore! Literally everything is super embarrassing.

• Haha
Dafuq was the singing at the end?! I swear I just can't anymore! Literally everything is super embarrassing.
Nikki singing (?...) her love to Jack :rolleyes: Let them do the deed next week, get it over and done with as I can't bear the thought of a new series with them still acting like pathetic teenagers.

• Haha