Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soymilk

VIP Member
I've been using vinted since about 6 weeks ago and I've been quite lucky and have managed to make about 300€ off of it. It has dried up for me recently. I find the easiest way to sell is to be quite active on the app, responding to msgs etc fast/be willing to accept offers lower than what you originally wanted and don't be put off by how rude some people are - last week a girl msged me a few times about an item, really unpolite, in the end I wouldn't let her buy my item and she sent me a msg calling me a 'see you next tuesday' about 4 times 😅😅😅

@WilmaHun have you tried making offers to people favouriting your items? I did that a few times and it worked 💕

Reactions: 1

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
Ooo okay interesting! I have a lot of designer stuff to sell, I think I have the boxes a lot of things came in and the receipts for a few bits (if i dig them out) I wonder if that'd make a difference, would it to you?. I also don't smoke or have any animals so my clothes don't smell, I hope 😂

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?
Absolutely, this is a regular thing with gumtree, always state cash on collection only. Never give any direct payment account details. This is one of many texts I’ve received.

Attachments

no-no

VIP Member
I’ve hunted out all my old maternity clothes that I’d held onto “just incase” and they’re flying out like hot cakes!! I feel like going around the charity shops and buying anything I think I could sell on vinted 🤣🤣🤣😂 it’s just so exciting making a sale hahah I’m very sad!!
6871FEFC-C8A5-488B-ABE2-E1B17C62F896.jpeg

Hahaha! It does give you a buzz. It feels quite cleansing, too. I’m going to try and create a pile this week 🤞🏻

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I've got loads of items listed on there atm, all in my opinion really good prices, and people keep favouriting them but never buying and it's winding me up :ROFLMAO: I might just go back to using ebay

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Anyone else find people are quite slow to post things? I like to be quick max within 48 hours. I bought something on Friday, fair enough for it to be posted on Monday but still nothing. The label was created on Monday but it's not been dropped of yet. Maybe I am just impatient.

rlouisep9

VIP Member
I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?
Sounds like a scam to me

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
Any kids stuff I put on normally sells really quick but I’ve put some stuff on for me and my husband and its just not selling 😩
I’m selling some brand new trainers for my husband but just getting loads of weird questions??

Also had someone who seemed really keen just not bother turning up for something I’m selling on Facebook!! Marketplace time wasters are the worst?!

• Angry

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
This is so helpful! Thinking of putting the designer bits on Facebook marketplace so I can do collection and drop off to avoid the potential disputes, and then all my more high streety bits on Vinted. I am sat in work itching to get home and list them all now 😂

• Heart

Hope77

Vinted is awash with scammers at the moment selling trainers/watches etc and sending bottle openers (many posts on vinted forum) then making buyers click that it's all OK to get the money then disappearing (or threatening buyers who wont) so it's potentially because you're new and listed one of the flagged items they've just assumed the same I'd assume here.
Oh right ok, thank you. I guess it’s a tough one to police/monitor. I think it’s just the fact it was a straight ban that’s annoyed me! Oh well, I’ve listed on eBay - not a great attempt on Vinted for me. Should have started with clothes I guess!!

Eggsandbeans

Had a s
I had one issue and it did put me off for a bit but I am back selling now.

Long story short buyer claimed to have not received the item and didn't raise it within 2 days of delivery so I got my money. I provided all the tracking info, including photos and GPS location and she gave me a 1 star review. Vinted wouldn't remove the review and said I needed to talk to the buyer but they blocked me so i couldn't!!

So I am stuck with a shit review even though I went above and beyond to prove it had been delivered and the buyer didn't do what they should have and vinted couldn't care less.
had a similar experience. As I say, it’s great when people are great but it’s a bloody hassle when it isn’t. I had a buyer who took over ten days to collect a parcel and didn’t mark as received. Totally ignored my messages. I wouldn’t mind so much taking ages to pick up although it then takes us longer to get paid BUT I don’t like being ignored.

anotherpisstaker flogged me a new without tags jumper which had obviously been worn and had shrunk. I got a refund 😎.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I've seen a few others having issues with evri tracking showing on Vinted too. It only seems to trigger if the buyer clicks on the tracking link. Vinted says 5 days for auto cancellation?
The 5 days I think is only if the item hasn’t been sent.

I bought an expensive jacket a few months back, it got stuck with Hermes for a good five/six weeks, Vinted refunded me 3 week after buying it and it just being stuck for over two weeks.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Oh I’m not sure, I’ve used Hermes/evri or another parcel place…maybe yodel, i don’t know their cost, I just say if it’s small/med etc and they add it to their payment. As above, you pay if it’s RM and get it back. If you buy you just pay the post as part of the fee and I assume Vinted sorts that?
Comes from them so if you sell for £7 you get all of that.

no-no

VIP Member
Spring cleaning mode is fully activated this weekend 💨 The only things I’ve managed to get rid of are stuff I wouldn’t give to charity but I’ve done most of downstairs and put away my heavy winter clothes. Still not tried Shpock or Vinted 🙄 I prefer collection and have been selling random stuff around the house I don’t use on Gumtree which has been great, apart from the stupid offers despite saying NO OFFERS in the ad. I have mentally marked clothes that if I don’t wear this summer I will sell.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Evri takes about 24-48 hours initially but is quite quick once its moving.

I'm finding it much better than ebay, made about £60 this weekend.
I've had 2 things I bought update via Evri and both were posted today. Mine is still telling me to ship the item which I did 24 hours ago (Evris own tracking page shows this, just not on vinted) and its actually impossible to speak to Vinted or Mark it as sent lol

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Does anyone else find it annoying that if you receive an item not as described on Vinted, they still expect you to pay the return shipping? I mean, no other company or buying/selling platform that charges a buyer protection fee (Ebay) would expect a buyer to pay for the return postage, am I right? It's only a small item that I paid about £6 for, but on principal, it has annoyed me 😂

no-no

VIP Member
Lots of fab tips, thank you all 💞

I think I’ll have a sort out this weekend then as I need to store the summer dresses and get winter workwear out 😵 I must have taken 10+ bin bags of stuff to the charity skip over lockdown, some was really nice and new so it’d be a shame if it just gets recycled but I couldn’t be bothered back then. Now I know it’s a bit of a process I’ll be more patient with it.

My partner bought a watch from vinted that should apparently cost a fortune, think he paid £80, he questioned the seller on if it was fake etc. Seller told him no it's genuine, they had inherited it.

It arrived and of course it was fake so my partner reported it, he agreed to pay £40 but the seller never sorted so he didn't have to pay anything.

I sell some things for a decent chunk, not loads but like £100, have had no problems at all with selling or buying. I would say maybe look at the reviews, e.g. I have 30 5* reviews.