Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't know how I feel about the not sent/cancellation thing. I realise it protects me as the buyer but I've had two of six things cancelled this week. The first seller got in touch and I've re-bought the item so hopefully that will arrive this time but I haven't heard anything about the other one.
Is it something that happens a lot?

I also managed to accidently press the button to say something had arrived when it hasn't yet so I won't be able to get a refund if it doesn't arrive. Oops.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I've turned off all Evri shipping options as it doesn't update unless the buyer clicks on tracking, and I've got one reading my messages but not responding/going through the tracking so that'll get cancelled and she will get the item as its on route 😫. Vinted aren't replying to messages either and I have no option on there to manually mark as sent and I posted 3 days ago. This is really frustrating!

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
You need a printer. The seller pays for postage and you get an address label prepaid for to print and stick on the package.
Ah thank you. Have been waiting for Tesco to restock their own brand cartridges. May have to pay full price and buy actual branded ink then 😵.

I found the Vinted app user friendly, the only thing I liked with e bay was knowing your end point. I tended to list on a Monday (I do a short day) knowing I would have the time to parcel up and go to the PO. See how it all works out.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Hi can I ask a question about items not arriving?! I have bought an item and it’s not arrived - seller hasn’t provided any tracking info and ignored my messages. I need this item for an event, so will buy another off another seller. I paid via PayPal so hoping I get a refund. What happens if the other one arrives in the meantime? Should I wait and hold out for a response? I’m just being ignored despite several messages!
What platform did you buy it on?

ATV2021

VIP Member
Yes, they pay the post as part of the transaction and you get sent a label to download
So when it shows the postage options and Evri is 0.00 does that come from vinted's budget or my sale cost? Not sure why that ones showing as free as all the others have cost options

ATV2021

VIP Member
Postage question.

I've started to sell a few bits on vinted but I'm selecting the custom option for postage at the moment as don't get the option thing - if you pick the sized parcel options given by Vinted, when the buyer pays does Vinted just send you a label or do they still send you money to pay online somewhere?

Hope77

I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:

Kittypops

VIP Member
Yeah I took the designer items I had on Vinted off and sold to a reseller company in the end! Got a decent enough price - one sold on Vestiairecollective for more than i paid too so I was pleased. Most of what I've got on Vinted now is like £1 items and ive given them a deadline of the end of June as the bag of them is annoying me now 🤣
The vinted forum has been very interesting though & helpful to know what to look out for! I'll stick to more trusted places to buy higher priced items for sure.
Do you have any tips about selling on Vestiare Collective? What's the experience like? I've been wondering if it's better/safer/more reliable than Ebay for selling high end stuff?

Any words of wisdom very gratefully received! Thank you!

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
I just reuse old packaging I’ve been sent or cut up stronger paper bags or even thicker carrier bags…I never buy any new but you can get bags/parcel paper in £land

soph30

VIP Member
Wish you didn’t need a bloody printer for Vinted, I have to go to my local library ages away :)

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I personally would never pay a lot of money for something on Depop/Vinted because so many scammers out there and very difficult to verify an items authenticity. I think the max I would ever pay for something is like £40

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
Anyone else find people are quite slow to post things? I like to be quick max within 48 hours. I bought something on Friday, fair enough for it to be posted on Monday but still nothing. The label was created on Monday but it's not been dropped of yet. Maybe I am just impatient.
I emailed them earlier because things I had posted a few days ago were still showing as not sent and I was worried it’d effect payment. They came back with this, could be a similar reason for you
B4D79AF6-F0BF-48D3-86A5-F1967AF5739F.png

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I emailed them earlier because things I had posted a few days ago were still showing as not sent and I was worried it’d effect payment. They came back with this, could be a similar reason for you View attachment 1275770
Interesting, I have also tracked it with Ervi and they state they are still waiting for the item but who knows they are pretty useless to.

Wish you didn’t need a bloody printer for Vinted, I have to go to my local library ages away :)
Take Ervi off and use Yodal/RM, you don't need a printer for them.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Just signed up to vinted, where does everyone buy their packaging to send your parcels?
I definitely misread this ahahaha I reuse too where ive had things delivered or get a roll of parcel paper from home bargains as its only 69p or 79p and its a decent sized roll/thick paper