Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Just signed up to vinted, where does everyone buy their packaging to send your parcels?
I started using the custom option for Evri but now I select the medium parcel option for most (bar heavier things like shoes/boots) then the buyer buys the postage and vinted send you either the post label or barcode to get printed in a local shop

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I find the delivery is quite slow, I purchased something but didn't notice until I had paid the buyer hadn't been online for 4 months and I never got my item. I did get a refund but it is just a pain.

Most people have taken over a week to post things which I find frustrating compared to eBay who are strict on postage.

ATV2021

VIP Member
It takes about 3 weeks before Vinted with automatically cancel an order.

I’ve never had an issue with Evri tracking, but I do find Yodal much quicker.
I've seen a few others having issues with evri tracking showing on Vinted too. It only seems to trigger if the buyer clicks on the tracking link. Vinted says 5 days for auto cancellation?

ATV2021

VIP Member
The 5 days I think is only if the item hasn’t been sent.

I bought an expensive jacket a few months back, it got stuck with Hermes for a good five/six weeks, Vinted refunded me 3 week after buying it and it just being stuck for over two weeks.
Yeah but according to Vinted tracking, I hadn't posted the item even though I had and it was updating on Evri's website. Had no option to tick to say that I had sent it either like ebay

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Hi guys I’ve sent something via yodel to the seller however it seems to have got lost (tracking not updated for 8 days now) and the seller isn’t replying to me when I’ve asked if they’ve received it. If the item is lost by yodel will Vinted still pay me ? Or will they just refund the seller and I’ve lost my item and the money?

leepdeex

As far as I gather, you will only get paid once they collect. If they don't collect it will get returned to you. I had this and I just messaged to say, 'Just to let you know your parcel is waiting for you to collect it' and they picked it up later that day.
Oo if they don’t collect over the weekend I’ll give that a go thank you

no-no

VIP Member
I downloaded vinted last night I’ve been meaning to clear all our wardrobes out for ages! I’ve made £50 already!! Can’t believe it! I’ve uploaded loads more tonight and if it doesn’t sell by the end of the month I’ll take it to charity but think the whole things amazing it’s so easy to use!
I still haven’t got round to it yet but that sounds amazing! What were you selling? I’ve just bought some expensive gym equipment so if I could gain some of that back it’d be good 😀

Ursaarctosarctos

I tried Depop and did sell a few things but I couldn't cope with people trying to haggle down everything when I'd listed everything very cheap in order to sell them quickly. I'd put up a Primark playsuit with the tags still on for £2 plus postage and someone would ask if I'd sell it for £1.50 all in.. couldn't be arsed with it.
Yeah it's crazy the offers some people make.. People must be expecting the seller to pay the fees and postage 😒

ATV2021

VIP Member
I am quite enjoying Vinted. Made about £50 so far (£30 odd still pending) and purchased a couple of bits that I'm still waiting to be posted lol 😆

For those who've had buyers using the Evri option - how long does it take to update tracking? The yodel option seems to update within minutes but I posted the Evri item yesterday afternoon and still telling me to post it lol

Last edited:

soph30

VIP Member
Interesting, I have also tracked it with Ervi and they state they are still waiting for the item but who knows they are pretty useless to.

Take Ervi off and use Yodal/RM, you don't need a printer for them.
Ah thanks- limits buyers’ options but why cares, I’d never choose evri as they’re so useless :)

bipbapbop22

I personally would never pay a lot of money for something on Depop/Vinted because so many scammers out there and very difficult to verify an items authenticity. I think the max I would ever pay for something is like £40
There’s a lot of fake Chloe woody tote bags on it at min. You can tell as there’s a button on the inside of the top of the fake bags. I’ve reported loads and they’ve been taken down. I only ever sell on Vinted and I put in my description to pick Royal Mail. You have your certificate of postage for tracking purposes and I think it’s safer than Evri

Ooo okay interesting! I have a lot of designer stuff to sell, I think I have the boxes a lot of things came in and the receipts for a few bits (if i dig them out) I wonder if that'd make a difference, would it to you?. I also don't smoke or have any animals so my clothes don't smell, I hope 😂
If you have the original boxes plus receipts you should be able to sell these no problem

ATV2021

VIP Member
Yeah I've been the exact same! I have more things for sale on vinted than I ever did but not selling anything 🫤🫤 can't really work out why, I think my stuff is priced reasonably cheap for what it is. Someone said something think it was on here about having lots of sales when you're a new member to vinted and sales dwindling off after a few weeks or so.
I'm not paying to spotlight or anything either as I don't have enough stock to meet the fee nor any proof it works. With the scam level on there from new sellers you'd think they'd wanna push more legit sellers but....seems not.

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Postage question.

I've started to sell a few bits on vinted but I'm selecting the custom option for postage at the moment as don't get the option thing - if you pick the sized parcel options given by Vinted, when the buyer pays does Vinted just send you a label or do they still send you money to pay online somewhere?
I think Royal Mail is the only option that doesn't send you a label

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Does anyone else find it annoying that if you receive an item not as described on Vinted, they still expect you to pay the return shipping? I mean, no other company or buying/selling platform that charges a buyer protection fee (Ebay) would expect a buyer to pay for the return postage, am I right? It's only a small item that I paid about £6 for, but on principal, it has annoyed me 😂
Wow, that's not on. I had no idea, I thought that was what the fee was for.

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
I had the same issue with Depop! I already find it annoying that you have to return the item... I bought what was advertised as a Too Faced palette and didn't realise it was a fake until someone messaged me to say they had bought the same palette as me and that they were pretty sure it was a fake (the size of the mirror and of the pans were different). The seller clearly had bought a bunch of fakes online and was trying to sell them. To me, sending the articles back is just enabling that behaviour, as they'll probably just sell them on another platflorm or with another account... I raised an issue with PayPal and Depop and they said I would get my money back as soon as the seller confirms safe receipt of the palette. They also recommended I pay for tracking so the seller can't say that they never received my item so I ended up paying for tracked shipping and never managed to get the postage money back! I'm just glad I was super petty and just ruined the pans with my brush before sending the palette back 😅 I still lost some money, but at least the seller wouldn't have been able to scan anyone one else with that one.
It’s really frustrating isn’t it? I think eBay is probably the most fair for buyers and sellers, so I think I’ll stick to selling on there. It’s a shame though as I do love the Vinted app and I think it’s a great idea. I asked them where I could give some constructive feedback based on my experience and they ignored me, so they obviously don’t want to improve the experience of their users. Another red flag for me. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I’ve just sold a lipstick on Ebay which has clearly stated on the packaging and in the photos not to wind it all out and you can’t retract it. The buyer has messaged me to tell me it’s faulty because they wound it up all the way to see the colour and now can’t get it back down again. I think if they open a case for a refund they won’t be successful but we’ll see!

ATV2021

VIP Member
I was looking to buy a pair of air force 1 trainers on Vinted 2 weeks ago and every single pair that came up was being sold by an account with a cartoon profile picture, and they were all only selling one pair of air force and a pair of raybans. Definitely something to do with the specific item. Very annoying though!
It used to be all usernames like haidjwyduz just jumbled letters....they clocked that quickly so started using proper words/adding a photo so it's definitely making people wary of new sellers (even though most are genuine I'm sure!). Once my final bits have sold/I've given to the charity shop I'm deleting it as the wait for buyers to collect/confirm etc is just getting on my nerves now 🤣 takes so long to get a payout unlike ebay where its like next day. I just list on the 70%/80% fee days now

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Hi can I ask a question about items not arriving?! I have bought an item and it’s not arrived - seller hasn’t provided any tracking info and ignored my messages. I need this item for an event, so will buy another off another seller. I paid via PayPal so hoping I get a refund. What happens if the other one arrives in the meantime? Should I wait and hold out for a response? I’m just being ignored despite several messages!

I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?

HoGi

VIP Member
Hi all downloaded Vinted today, have sold on e bay for years but nothing is moving anymore even good quality as new items 😔.
Can I ask about the shipping pls? I'm currently struggling to get printer ink so have set my option to RM 2nd class assuming I can write the label free hand. Is this right? Assume hermes etc have barcodes?

Also since when has a 12 been a large?!?! 🤯
You need a printer. The seller pays for postage and you get an address label prepaid for to print and stick on the package.