Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I still haven’t got round to it yet but that sounds amazing! What were you selling? I’ve just bought some expensive gym equipment so if I could gain some of that back it’d be good 😀
I’ve sold T-shirt’s, 3 dresses (day wear not occasion) , pair of skinny jeans and a kids 2 piece set of leggings and matching top! None designer all high street brands! So surprised!! Defo try it I can’t believe how straight forward it is! It’s made me feel all excited I think it could become addictive 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3

ATV2021

VIP Member
I saw you posting on the designer thread too! I actually managed to shift a lot of designer bits on Vinted, not for mega money, but they're gone and have freed up space which was the plan. I've got a small pile of things which I need to decide the fate of now, I might bump some and charity shop the rest
Yeah I took the designer items I had on Vinted off and sold to a reseller company in the end! Got a decent enough price - one sold on Vestiairecollective for more than i paid too so I was pleased. Most of what I've got on Vinted now is like £1 items and ive given them a deadline of the end of June as the bag of them is annoying me now 🤣
The vinted forum has been very interesting though & helpful to know what to look out for! I'll stick to more trusted places to buy higher priced items for sure.

• Heart

Eggsandbeans

Vinted is great when buyers and sellers are decent. It all comes down to people, and in my experience, people are hard work.

no-no

VIP Member
I have a lot of clothes and I’m a pain for parting with them. I was thinking of selling some (never worn, still got tags a lot of them) but is it worth the effort? Shall I just take them the charity bank at the tip? I’d rather sell to someone local than have to go the post office but that limits your audience.

Would love to hear anyone’s experience because I even seen an ex-Love Islander listing stuff before 🤣

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Oh right ok, thank you. I guess it’s a tough one to police/monitor. I think it’s just the fact it was a straight ban that’s annoyed me! Oh well, I’ve listed on eBay - not a great attempt on Vinted for me. Should have started with clothes I guess!!
Yeah scammers are rife on there at the moment - someone could have even reported thinking it was a scam item as its all new users selling the non existent items. Vinted have stopped custom shipping options for alot of people + refer a friend too as so many were just claiming whatever they could really. Shame they ruin it for us honest ones!

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
I always list my ads in block caps like it’s shouting out at someone 🤣 i try take my pics in natural lighting too and will iron them so they look better. I tend to scroll past things if they look messy or it’s a bad quality photo. Vinted is the best app for clothes, eBay is ok but the fees annoy me, Iv only used gumtree once for selling gig tickets and had no problems.

grumpycat

VIP Member
I love Vinted! I’ve made about £400 in the last 8 months.

It depends on what you’re selling, but agree with PP that:

Kids stuff sells well. To be honest I listed most stuff at £1-3 depending on the condition. I’ve sold loads of mine, and my husbands stuff. I find branded stuff goes way better but people want stuff for cheap.

The postage option for hermes esp on Vinted is great as there’s no hassle with spending on postage. I guess the down side is you have to see from the buyer POV that it’s postage ontop of the price. I do like the ‘offer’ way of bartering as you don’t need to agree. I just sold a mint condition Zara faux leather puffer (I had it on for half the retail price but still had people trying to knock 10/15£ off - I just declined it)

You can add bundles too so you can have say 10% discount if they buy more than one item which can help shift stuff.

Vinted also doesn’t take a cut of what you sell so that’s one plus, you can pay to ‘bump’ your listings but I’ve never bothered.

I’ve sold a few home bits on there too which have gone, but the way I see it as I’d be happy enough to donate or throw them so if I make a few quid then it’s worth it - the best but is that the few quid always adds up to quite a bit!

Hope77

They’ve come back to me asking for more photos (I posted 7 already showing labels, logo, close up of the shoes from various angles). They want original packaging and receipt which just doesn’t work on a reselling site. I have a screenshot of the purchase from Very but that’s it. Anyway, it’s not for me, I think if they’d asked for all these things at the time of listing I’d have been less annoyed. Why send a accusatory message and permanently block me? Back to eBay for me! Good luck to all those selling 😁

rlouisep9

VIP Member
I've been used Vinted to declutter over the past few months and I've sold quite a lot. It is low amounts though, I think the most expensive item was £4 😂 but it does add up.
I find the postage options a lot easier than eBay, as the buyer has the option of Royal Mail, Hermes etc so you just print the address label off and drop it somewhere. They also don't take any fees for selling which is so good!

I do give a lot to charity as well but some things that I've got that are still in really good condition/tags on etc I'll try and sell first

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Hi, I discovered Vinted about a month ago & have managed to make around £400 in that time selling my sons old clothes.. I think my trick has been pricing things really cheap but also for more than I’d get selling them at a boot fair but my question is I’ve got around 5 parcels which have been waiting for the customer’s to collect from their collection point’s for over a week.. does Vinted automatically pay me after a certain time or do I have to wait for them to eventually pick it up? (Also keep seeing that they’ve been on the app but for some reason they’re just not collecting which is annoying!)
As far as I gather, you will only get paid once they collect. If they don't collect it will get returned to you. I had this and I just messaged to say, 'Just to let you know your parcel is waiting for you to collect it' and they picked it up later that day.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Anyone finding sales on Ebay/Vinted etc are just....not happening? Never known it all so quiet! Was at the drop off lockers nearly everyday now its been well over a week

ATV2021

VIP Member
I sell on Vinted, made £65 this past month. I treat it like a online car boot / garage sale and don’t list anything particularly valuable just stuff I want a couple of ££ for and would otherwise give away. I always use Hermes tracked so I get the money as soon as it’s recorded as delivered. I used Royal Mail once and had to wait a month for the money!
I turned off RM as an option almost immediately. I've made about £100 since I stayed late April for stuff that I'd have given away so can't complain really! My current items have a week before they're off as I'm sick of the bag lol

Reactions: 2

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:
I was looking to buy a pair of air force 1 trainers on Vinted 2 weeks ago and every single pair that came up was being sold by an account with a cartoon profile picture, and they were all only selling one pair of air force and a pair of raybans. Definitely something to do with the specific item. Very annoying though!

cee-bee

VIP Member
I just popped on to say I LOVE buying/selling on these sites.

to everyone selling, I love that it’s becoming more commonplace. It’s so much better for the environment, for our wallets etc etc. The fast fashion industry is so exploitive, so unsustainable and mostly headed by men.

I’ve volunteered in charity shops too and so often we got more than we could ever sell on. Whenever I have a declutter I’ll try and list most stuff on the usual: EBay, Depop, Vinted etc.

that way I can reach a wider scope, without taking up all in the room in my local charity shop’s stockroom, and I get a few pennies out of it. Plus I like to think the stuff I didn’t want and sold on, went to someone who’d been looking for something just like it for ages and they really love it.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?
Scam. Only ever do cash on collection. I would recommend facebook marketplace over gumtree.

leepdeex

Hi, I discovered Vinted about a month ago & have managed to make around £400 in that time selling my sons old clothes.. I think my trick has been pricing things really cheap but also for more than I’d get selling them at a boot fair but my question is I’ve got around 5 parcels which have been waiting for the customer’s to collect from their collection point’s for over a week.. does Vinted automatically pay me after a certain time or do I have to wait for them to eventually pick it up? (Also keep seeing that they’ve been on the app but for some reason they’re just not collecting which is annoying!)

HoGi

VIP Member
Has anyone had issues with Vinted? I looked at their Trust pilot and its absolutely awful so put me off lol
I had one issue and it did put me off for a bit but I am back selling now.

Long story short buyer claimed to have not received the item and didn't raise it within 2 days of delivery so I got my money. I provided all the tracking info, including photos and GPS location and she gave me a 1 star review. Vinted wouldn't remove the review and said I needed to talk to the buyer but they blocked me so i couldn't!!

So I am stuck with a shit review even though I went above and beyond to prove it had been delivered and the buyer didn't do what they should have and vinted couldn't care less.

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Does anyone else find it annoying that if you receive an item not as described on Vinted, they still expect you to pay the return shipping? I mean, no other company or buying/selling platform that charges a buyer protection fee (Ebay) would expect a buyer to pay for the return postage, am I right? It's only a small item that I paid about £6 for, but on principal, it has annoyed me 😂
Just to update that I’ve spoken to their customer help team, who were patronising and no help at all. They said that I’d have to pay to return the item to the seller, even though they accepted that it was not as described. They then confirmed that I would only be refunded the amount I paid for the item, and not for the initial postage fees and buyer protection fees I paid. Looking at their trustpilot reviews, I am not alone in my experience. I don’t know why they call the fees they charge “Buyer Protection”, when they provide zero buyer protection whatsoever. They should just call it a commission fee and call it a day.