Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bipbapbop22

Has anyone had issues with Vinted? I looked at their Trust pilot and its absolutely awful so put me off lol
Touch wood, so far I haven’t had any issues and I’ve been selling now for 3 months and I’m doing pretty well at it

Reactions: 2

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
I’ve dipped my toe into Vinted recently and brought a couple of branded bits for my kids it was so cheap and the things I purchased were really good quality. Am going to have a bit of a declutter and try and sell some bits in the next week or so.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I am quite enjoying Vinted. Made about £50 so far (£30 odd still pending) and purchased a couple of bits that I'm still waiting to be posted lol 😆

For those who've had buyers using the Evri option - how long does it take to update tracking? The yodel option seems to update within minutes but I posted the Evri item yesterday afternoon and still telling me to post it lol
Evri takes about 24-48 hours initially but is quite quick once its moving.

I'm finding it much better than ebay, made about £60 this weekend.

I have just discovered Vinted! It could be very bad for my bank balance. Jokes aside, mainly stuff for the children but I've bought stuff I need for myself that I wouldn't have got around to buying because new I'd consider it to expensive.
Going to have a bash at selling on there too. I usually use ebay but things don't sell like they used to. Probably because everyone is on other sites 😆.

Eggsandbeans

Vinted is great when you sell and buy from decent people, so always make sure you check feedback. If a test buys from me I cancel the order; more hassle than it’s worse.

Idiot not test lol

• Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I bought a leather jacket, worth £250 and I paid £70. It went missing in the Hermes network for weeks, I got a full refund and the buyer was annoyed because they only insured it up to £50.

It eventually turned up about 10 weeks later and frankly it was awful. Worse condition than advertised, stunk of smoke and I have been airing it for months and it still stinks, had half a fag and lighter in the pocket plus nail polish on the sleeve!

I personally as the buy would possibly buy again at a good price. I know my experience was a one off but I tend to stick to low end items now.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I've turned off all Evri shipping options as it doesn't update unless the buyer clicks on tracking, and I've got one reading my messages but not responding/going through the tracking so that'll get cancelled and she will get the item as its on route 😫. Vinted aren't replying to messages either and I have no option on there to manually mark as sent and I posted 3 days ago. This is really frustrating!
It takes about 3 weeks before Vinted with automatically cancel an order.

I’ve never had an issue with Evri tracking, but I do find Yodal much quicker.

Zulkraa

VIP Member
It’s really frustrating isn’t it? I think eBay is probably the most fair for buyers and sellers, so I think I’ll stick to selling on there. It’s a shame though as I do love the Vinted app and I think it’s a great idea. I asked them where I could give some constructive feedback based on my experience and they ignored me, so they obviously don’t want to improve the experience of their users. Another red flag for me. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I’ve just sold a lipstick on Ebay which has clearly stated on the packaging and in the photos not to wind it all out and you can’t retract it. The buyer has messaged me to tell me it’s faulty because they wound it up all the way to see the colour and now can’t get it back down again. I think if they open a case for a refund they won’t be successful but we’ll see!
Sold as described! I have such low tolerance towards buyers that don’t read the descriptions. If I list items I will put it in upper cases and also add symbols so they can se

<<<<<< FAULTY! >>>>>>>

I hope it goes in your favour, should do 🤞🏼

• Heart

LoveGossip!!

Any kids stuff I put on normally sells really quick but I’ve put some stuff on for me and my husband and its just not selling 😩
I’m selling some brand new trainers for my husband but just getting loads of weird questions??

Also had someone who seemed really keen just not bother turning up for something I’m selling on Facebook!! Marketplace time wasters are the worst?!
So annoying when they do that! It's really rude!

I always list my ads in block caps like it’s shouting out at someone 🤣 i try take my pics in natural lighting too and will iron them so they look better. I tend to scroll past things if they look messy or it’s a bad quality photo. Vinted is the best app for clothes, eBay is ok but the fees annoy me, Iv only used gumtree once for selling gig tickets and had no problems.
EBay I just don't rate anymore for clothes buying or selling, the fees are so ridiculous so when you're buying you pay more & when you're selling, you can't shift it.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I had a really good start selling on vinted but nothing moving of late. I wonder if there's an algorithm that promotes new joiners items so you think hey this is easy and upload more.

As an aside husband ordered an apple TV box from e bay and the seller sent a family sized bar of dairy milk (assume same weight). E bay was great and refunded immediately. Perversely I want to eat the dairy milk but cannot as feel it's somehow tainted 😆
Nah its a freebie technically. Sellers out of pocket from buying said chocolate too so I say...enjoy!

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
It used to be all usernames like haidjwyduz just jumbled letters....they clocked that quickly so started using proper words/adding a photo so it's definitely making people wary of new sellers (even though most are genuine I'm sure!). Once my final bits have sold/I've given to the charity shop I'm deleting it as the wait for buyers to collect/confirm etc is just getting on my nerves now 🤣 takes so long to get a payout unlike ebay where its like next day. I just list on the 70%/80% fee days now
I saw you posting on the designer thread too! I actually managed to shift a lot of designer bits on Vinted, not for mega money, but they're gone and have freed up space which was the plan. I've got a small pile of things which I need to decide the fate of now, I might bump some and charity shop the rest

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I appear to have sold everything over night 😮

There is an option on the postage of take your package to the post office and buy the label there so that's what I shall do. Thanks all for the responses.

Our of curiosity what do people do with their balance? Do you withdraw immediately? I'm thinking of leaving it until I reach £100. Sort of a savings account, hoping to reach it for Easter and a weekend away we have booked. (I assume this is how they generate revenue in the absence of sellers fees?).

I still will donate to charity. Our nearest is a Barnardos shop and they send you a letter telling you how much your donated items have raised which is a nice touch.

• Heart
I've turned off Royal Mail option on my shipping, prefer being sent a label and not having to wait to get postage charged back and pay them myself up front.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I don't know how I feel about the not sent/cancellation thing. I realise it protects me as the buyer but I've had two of six things cancelled this week. The first seller got in touch and I've re-bought the item so hopefully that will arrive this time but I haven't heard anything about the other one.
Is it something that happens a lot?

I also managed to accidently press the button to say something had arrived when it hasn't yet so I won't be able to get a refund if it doesn't arrive. Oops.
I’ve cancelled an order as a buy because the seller didn’t send it and hadn’t been online in four months and didn’t reply to my messages. I got a warning I could only do it twice without being penalised so I presume it is the same for sellers. I haven’t had anything cancelled as a buyer. Did they give you a reason as to why?

Reactions: 1

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Am I the only one using depop? I admit I've had good enough luck shifting makeup on there but really struggling with shifting clothes. I always thought vinted was a bit dodgy as I get inundated with ads for them. This thread got me wondering if I should switch...except I don't have a printer or a drop off point close by. I didn't realise that was part of it :(

Honestly taking pics of everything and listing it and dealing with people feels like such hard work, especially when you have to sell things for super cheap to get them shifted. Unless it's branded or vintage it feels impossible to get it gone. Then you have to store it for ages as well as storing packing materials.

I've also noticed on depop you get these huge follower vintage shops selling things at crazy mark ups and it's hard to compete with their aesthetic.

I definitely feel like a small fish in an overstuffed pond. More people trying to sell than wanting to buy! I have started to donate more now. I donate to Oxfam as I know they recycle what they can't sell. I've also taken stuff to h&m recycling though who knows if that actually gets recycled.
I tried Depop and did sell a few things but I couldn't cope with people trying to haggle down everything when I'd listed everything very cheap in order to sell them quickly. I'd put up a Primark playsuit with the tags still on for £2 plus postage and someone would ask if I'd sell it for £1.50 all in.. couldn't be arsed with it.

• Wow

Emsie

VIP Member
Aaah I love vinted. Was super organised this year and got the kids world book day outfits off there. I've got a bag of stuff to put on and after reading this thread feel inspired to get it photographed and uploaded.

Anyone finding sales on Ebay/Vinted etc are just....not happening? Never known it all so quiet! Was at the drop off lockers nearly everyday now its been well over a week
Yeah I've been the exact same! I have more things for sale on vinted than I ever did but not selling anything 🫤🫤 can't really work out why, I think my stuff is priced reasonably cheap for what it is. Someone said something think it was on here about having lots of sales when you're a new member to vinted and sales dwindling off after a few weeks or so.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Hi all downloaded Vinted today, have sold on e bay for years but nothing is moving anymore even good quality as new items 😔.
Can I ask about the shipping pls? I'm currently struggling to get printer ink so have set my option to RM 2nd class assuming I can write the label free hand. Is this right? Assume hermes etc have barcodes?

Also since when has a 12 been a large?!?! 🤯