Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
What if they get in the cot or the pram? You don’t need that stress at due date especially when you’re trying to make the baby come 3 weeks before they’re due.

Reactions: 10

ejhanson

Funny how she is mentioning about the reusable nappies after we mentioned them on here. She could use them as she said she just would have to change him more in the day and then keep on top of washing. I wash mine when it's raining I just put them on the clothes horse to dry (they look clean), she just can't be bothered I reckon which is fine but just say that, just say they are more hard work than you imagined.

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
She’s off again moaning about her wages. Why is she always on about it? Nobody cares. She doesn’t show us what she makes from ads but I’m sure it’s more than enough to keep her going. Christ she is so negative

• Heart

Chatty Member
I have a sneaky suspicion that she will really ramp up the insta income and Ads whilst she’s on mat leave.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I’ve unfollowed too. I’m happy for her that she had her baby after their loss but apart from that I don’t care about anything she’s posting any more.I don’t listen to stories, she stopped posting captions again after she started posting when we mentioned on here a while ago… I’m over it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Good point. Terrible that she’s behaving like that with the borough she works for known too. Surely it goes against a code of conduct a policy with her hospital trust!
It’s certainly skating the edges of her professional code of conduct (NMC) and their thoughts on social media and professionalism. It doesn’t matter if you are in uniform or not, on shift or not, on mat leave or not, if you have an active PIN you are representing the profession of nursing or midwifery and anything you say/do could be considered to be bringing it into disrepute.

This is the latest NMC social media guidance btw

duggee_hug

So many of my Mum friends have had diary intolerant babies and have gone through the milk ladder, and they literally read every ingredient on the packet before they put in their mouths. It became second nature to them pretty quickly.

I feel like it’s so obvious a doughnut is going to have diary in it when baked goods have eggs, butter and milk in it as primary ingredients.

I don’t think it was a ‘slip up’, I think she was testing the waters and it backfired on her spectacularly.

She’s selling the sofa because it was infested with mice, not due to breastfeeding. What a load of rubbish! Most normal people who have a sofa like that would use a breastfeeding pillow and prop a cushion behind their back for support, not spend out on a new sofa! How long is she planning on breastfeeding for anyway that would warrant a sofa change for that reason, 20 years?!

Last edited:

candyland_

VIP Member
I struggle to feel bad for her. She’s obviously declining any help and advice and doing everything the hard way to be a martyr. She’s only making her own life harder.

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
It would be interesting to know if her viewpoint on midwives who haven’t given birth has changed. She really took offence to someone saying they would prefer a midwife who has had a baby themselves and that she was just as qualified etc.
✅ qualified
❌ knowledgeable

Lucylululu

I have a lot of time for Jodie but feel like that latest story is begging for a Stokke chair 😕 she’s a midwife, does she really need to be asking her followers what their must buys are?
Quoting my own post here but her views on Tommee Tippee through “her line of work” prove she doesn’t need to be asking for recommendations! She knows what she needs and what she would prefer not to touch from experience. The cynic in me definitely sees this as a follower engagement exercise to bring in some freebies (no free prep machine coming her way though 🤣)

Reactions: 9

ejhanson

She’s off again moaning about her wages. Why is she always on about it? Nobody cares. She doesn’t show us what she makes from ads but I’m sure it’s more than enough to keep her going. Christ she is so negative
She is getting a lot as well! I am literally on SMP which is £600 a month.

Love2lurk

I actually like her. She is relatable in terms of working a full time job, doing a renovation bit by bit as money allows and with her honesty about her finances.

The ads do not bother me, she makes it clear it’s an advertisement. They are usually things in keeping with her account. It’s harmless to me. Fairplay if it enables her to pay her debts off quicker.

I have sent her the odd message and she has always replied. Even recently with a larger following.

What I don’t agree with is the way she is now complaining that people who don’t know her are commenting on her life. She cant have it both ways - that’s the nature of it sadly! Either put your life online and brush off the comments or keep your life private and don’t have people gossip!

• Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
Hope the mice had gone otherwise there would be nothing left of those midwife snacks.

• Haha
  • Heart

Emslou22

Her mat pay she says is £1.2k a month - and he will have a full time wage . What the hell is she moaning about
I’m currently on maternity leave and that’s not far off my pre-mat pay wage!! £700 personal spending is a lot of money per month!! She really is quite out of touch with most people’s reality!

Unsolicited advice is pretty rude too, especially midwife to midwife but I agree Jodie was rude in reply. She’s rude most of the time, baby or not!

• Heart

duggee_hug

May I also add… she put up a question box yesterday to ask for best places to go on holiday with a baby.
It doesnt add up - if she was really going through the ringer with the baby, a holiday PLUS all the cluster feeding, no time for herself, crying, no sleep would be hell surely?
she hasn’t got time to shower so how would she pack for her and babe, get in the bloody car (perhaps a plane) and THEN “holiday” 🥴
This is what I don’t get. Like wasn’t she moaning about how much maternity pay she’s getting not so long ago? Clearly it’s not so bad if you’re thinking about going abroad.

Plus with the current climate and everything becoming more and more expensive, it just seems so tone deaf to discuss these things to her followers.

Her instagram just doesn’t make any sense anymore either. It’s not shoestring renovation when she’s minted and there’s not been a reno job done in ages?! What kind of account is she trying to be now? 🤔

• Heart