Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s either waiting to reveal him when all family have met him which is fine. Or she’s waiting until his jaundice dies down as she may want him “perfect”? I feel awful even saying that! My youngest had jaundice quite bad and was a glorious shade of orange for about 9 weeks! Didn’t stop me sharing pics of her though. The non name reveal is weird too when she practically gave it away a few weeks back when everyone was guessing 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Maybe she’s just wanting to keep his face and name to herself a little longer. Hormones make you feel very protective in the first few weeks. I am still desperate to know though. I love a name reveal.

Reactions: 5
Drives me round the bend, what is the point? Not many people are pregnant for 9 months and have no name/list of names by the time the baby is born. Ffs.

However, I can see how the app would be useful. I had a massive gridded whiteboard when I had my twins as my brain was fried, I was having no more than 40 mins sleep at a time and couldn’t remember what I ate last, let alone what the babies had or when. An app would have been a lifesaver for me.
I like the idea of the app to. I had a note book to remember which boob 😂😂 now I send my hubby a text message when I've given them medicine in the middle of the night so I can see the time (and wake him up sleeps through children crying)
She said the name will have the same nickname whether it's a boy or girl so I'm guessing Theo or Alex but I get the feeling it will be an old name. Maybe Edward? Frankie?

My daughter looked like a luminous shade of orange for weeks and the midwives never batted an eyelid 🥴

Trying to think of unisex nicknames now:
Harri (Henry, Harriet)
Charlie (Charles, Charlotte)
I know an Aurora and we call her Rory... Anymore?!

I had a feeling she would come down a little bit today but I’m going to unfollow if almost every story is her promoting something baby related - even if it isn’t an ad.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The same person that overshares 😂 Plenty of times she’s filmed in the bath or on the toilet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't want to be horrible to new parents but giving a child a nickname associated with dirt is just a setup for bullying later on 🤦. I can see it sounds cute now, and when you're pregnant anything seems possible but they aren't babies for long.

Reactions: 6
I feel bad for saying it but I think of the saying Dusty bin 🗑 My brother calls his girlfriend dusty bin when she eats their kids left overs 😂

I think Dusty is more for a little girl.

Reactions: 4
It does feel heavily set up for bullying doesn’t it, hate to say that about any child but having children myself in primary and secondary, it’s inevitable sadly.

I don’t think he will be bullied.. Kids these days have alsorts of random names.
Do you have children? Kids get bullied for anything!! From as young as 4, anything (choice of keyring, shoes etc) that can be used to tease gets pulled on. Being teased for your name can really affect your identity. I say this even in the nicest of schools!

Do you have children? Kids get bullied for anything!! From as young as 4, anything (choice of keyring, shoes etc) that can be used to tease gets pulled on. Being teased for your name can really affect your identity. I say this even in the nicest of schools!
I have a 12 year old.
It’s better than Ocean or whatever people call their kids, I’ve seen babies called Walter and Blue on Instagram this week. Random names are everywhere now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.