Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of those cloth wipes as apposed to 5 normal wipes per s#it! ???

5 wipes her time?! no hun its usually almost a pack per explosion at the start ! 5 wipes! Please tell me I'm not the only one who would probably use around 3 for just a wipe over after a wet nappy?

(And I'm really not one for over use or waste on anything)
I’ve got no experience but I feel like she’s going to be completely overwhelmed with how much work reusables actually are.. the amount of washing is going to be crazy

I never used more than a couple of wipes per nappy change. For the first week or so it was cotton wool and water and that was tedious enough 😂

Literally no idea what she says in her stories because she never captions them other than to provide a tiny detail e.g "they come in lots of colours" when (presumably) talking about reusable nappies. The preceding 20 odd stories have zero captions. There's no excuse for it, the option for captions is available on everyone's profile.
Oh look, she has captions this morning 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve got no experience but I feel like she’s going to be completely overwhelmed with how much work reusables actually are.. the amount of washing is going to be crazy
I think there’s loads of washing with babies anyway chucking a cloth nappy or wipe in a wash isn’t going to make much of a difference.

Reactions: 1
Literally no idea what she says in her stories because she never captions them other than to provide a tiny detail e.g "they come in lots of colours" when (presumably) talking about reusable nappies. The preceding 20 odd stories have zero captions. There's no excuse for it, the option for captions is available on everyone's profile.
She’s been reading on here

Reactions: 2
I think there’s loads of washing with babies anyway chucking a cloth nappy or wipe in a wash isn’t going to make much of a difference.
I’m sure you would have to wash them separately but I don’t know how long a baby wears a cloth nappy for. You could need to wash a full load of them daily to keep up.

My baby had a clean nappy every couple of hours.

I think you have to sterilise them first then wash them in their own seperate wash?! That's what I would be wanting to do anyway. The initial outlay on them is £££ because you'd probably want about 3 days worth so you can sterilise and wash them daily?! I dunno I think what you save you spend on sanitising them... Nappies and wipes aren't actually that much if you're buying weekly and on a steady income. Fair play to her for trying but honestly it wouldn't be me.

We used cloth, yes they went on a separate wash but honestly, it wasn't hard work and we soon got in a routine. My daughter still wore disposable at night for absorption but we used an eco brand. The sheer volume of disposables in land fill were the main drivers along with the on-going cost.

I admire her for going for it and sharing her journey, hopefully it will encourage others.

Reactions: 5
I am a lot older than her and when mine was tiny there was mo such thing as wipes or disposable nappies . I had terry nappies and washed the babys bottom with flannels soap and water with a top n tail bowl ( i think thats what they was called ) each flannel got soaked in napisan with the nappies and washed daily

Sooo the hallway is growing on me. I actually really like it. Not something I would have but it's come together lovely

Reactions: 3
Looks OK but I’m not keen on the diy stair runner. I don’t think it will last, I’m not sure why they didn’t just pay to have theirs cleaned and not wear shoes on it.

The stair runner doesn’t go with the rest of the new decor. And if they’re going to have to buy stair rods at £14 a piece to cover the unravelling then they might as well have just got someone in to do it professionally

The stair runner looks naff but the rest looks nice all done up for Christmas. The runner won’t last with a dog and a baby pulling at it 😬

The stair runner doesn’t go with the rest of the new decor. And if they’re going to have to buy stair rods at £14 a piece to cover the unravelling then they might as well have just got someone in to do it professionally
Latest story directed at me…

• Haha
  • Wow
I didn't realise she got the runners from dunelm. I had this runner in my kitchen but got rid of it as all dog hairs were stuck in it (from my dog) and it was giving me the ick in the kitchen. It's quite durable though... I wonder if it's slippy? It defo feels quite knobbly on barefeet. She might have been better off just painting the stairs in non slip paint and leaving it at that.

The stair runner fitted by them gives me all the worries lol. Didn’t she just call down the stairs? I wouldn’t be risking fitting my own runner when I’d be carrying a newborn up and down in a few months.

Reactions: 7
Sooo the hallway is growing on me. I actually really like it. Not something I would have but it's come together lovely
I really like it too. Their house really looks like a home. Terry seems pretty cool too.
Gosh, think I’ve gone soft 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.