SHEIN - reviews

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i received the first lot of my order today. I went a size up in everything and they all fit perfect. Two tops I got less than a fiver feel better than tops i paid £20+ for from next. I'm 5'10 and a midi skirt fits my length perfect. Only thing I didn't like was a £15 dress, it felt like the same material used on pack a macs.

Reactions: 1
I have ordered from these before and only had one problem.
I ordered a dress, size 12, that I would not get on my big toe but if I had read the reviews for this dress, it would have told me this, so my 9 year old niece got the dress.

Quality always good . Tops are lovely.

Just read the reviews!

My teen daughter orders a fair bit from there. She’s 14 and a size 8/10 but only just 5ft tall She’s given up on trousers and t shirts as the t shirts are usually a funny man made material and not a nice cotton like she prefers.
ahe has a fair few dresses that look like they would come from urban outfitters or pull and bear but about a tenner!
Yes the material isn’t the thickest or a natural material bit nothing has been see through except for a mesh style top that she brought that was supposed to be see through.
I ordered a few dresses last year for holiday and two have become a holiday favourite. I’ve placed an order last week for five dresses for me and two for Dd. One of mine looks the same as a monsoon on I have an eye on. I doubt it will be as nice a quality but if it fits nicely and is a green floral knee length wrap dress that will save me spending £60 on the monsoon one. And one my daughter has brought is similar to a black floral floaty smock dress from urban.
Unfortunately we won’t be wearing them on holiday this year a doubt we will be going anywhere.
I would say as long as you have expectations of new look type quality you probably won’t be disappointed.

Sorry. I didn’t say what size she orders. She tends to have to order a medium and even a large as the dresses usually come up tiny. I wear a 16/18 and usually order from the plus range in a 1x even a 2x depending on the reviews. And I would definitely be a 16 in white stuff/fat face etc.

I ordered a pretty summer dress from them, it came
in about ten days which I didn’t think was too bad. I’d ordered my size (small) but unfortunately it came up much too big so it had to go back ☹

I’m actually really impressed! They need an iron but they’re pretty good for cheap and cheerful ... I’m a 12-14 and got XL ... they’re a little on the large side but definitely wearable!

One order. Never again.

Leggings were see through and seemed to be very generous in the crotch area.

I also ordered a teddy zip up hoodie. It was horrendous. It was like a terry towel dressing grown made into a hoodie with no lining and very long in the arm. Certainly not "teddy" at all.

Tshirt I got one wear out of. It was small in size and was itchy.

Never again.

I ordered 3 dresses. Took 9 days to arrive from China, so not too bad.
I ordered size Medium (I'm a 10/12)
They all fit me, if anything slightly too big (they were smock type dresses)

Quality was tit. One of the dresses was see through.
The material is very thin and feels cheap. Not even primark quality.
I liked one of the dresses it was seemed a thicker material than the other two.

I'm going to keep them all only because i don't have a printer and you need one to print off the return label. They told me at the post office i was unable to get the label printed there.:mad:

I would never order from there again.

I sometimes order from there, never for me but for my daughter as the kids clothes especially for girls as I’ve never really seen anything for my son on there can be really nice, mainly the summer clothes with the odd winter coat.

If you order on the app you’ll always get 15% off your order, you have to enter the code though it won’t automatically be added. Make sure you review your items and upload a photo of the item (doesn’t have to be on you just laid on the bed/floor) you have purchased and tick you have received them as you gain points, when you add a photo you gain more, which you can also use to have more money off your next order :)

Shipping for me has always been roughly a week, maybe a week and half and it always gets posted by Royal Mail. Never had any problems with my orders so I’m not sure on how fast the returns part is

My order arrived last week. Pleasantly surprised, one dress and one jumpsuit fit fine (size 12/14 and I went L, probably could have got a M but I like things a bit loose) delivery took 9 days.
I am returning one jumpsuit as I don't like the cut of it, a bit to low for me.
Quality I found similar to new look actually. I have made another order for some tshirts and another dress to see what they are like.

I ordered from SHEIN yesterday I’m a size 10 5’6 and I ordered medium is anyone else a similar size did a medium fit well

Last edited:
Sorry if I’ve already commented don’t think I have but I have a bad memory 😂
Anyway! I did a big order about six weeks ago, I live in the West Midlands and it came after about two weeks which I thought was decent due to covid and it being abroad! It’s a legit company I think some people worry it’s dodgy which I did at first but now I know it’s fine :) I got a refund after like 3 days of sending stuff back! What I would advise is ordering two sizes of every item u want yes you have to send half the order back but because the sizing is so hit and miss it’s nice to have the options. I thought I would be medium as I’m a 10. Well I could have had XS so I was glad I ordered the small :) I’ve just put in another order and this time I looked at reviews for every single item on the app as people add pics and say if it was too big/small which helps u decide what to do size wise. Im a 5 shoe but I order a 6 from shein as they come small! Xxxx

Small issue is whether you have a printer or not if you do great the return is 2.50 if not it’s about £12 as u have to send back to Belgium or something so yeah that stung a bit xx

I’ve done about four decent orders from there, and honestly, the prices you pay are so decent. It is a bit flimsy, but they have so many unique styles and patterns which I love. So much variety. With the sizing, most of what I have got has come up a little bigger so I’m always buying a small now. They have some great deals in the sales they do as well (got two bomber jackets for £4). I love the play suits they have as well!.

Has anyone got bikinis from here before? I placed an order on Monday, and I’m kind of regretting it after watching tons of YouTube videos

I had forgotten about this company until it popped up on here. I used to get tops from then for summer, only every had a problem with one top, which if I had read the reviews for it, I would not have ordered it, it came up very very small.

I have just received five tops from them, all perfectly fine.

I’ve ordered loads of stuff off here, mainly blouses for work and going out tops. So cheap but most are actually really good quality! I’ve had so many compliments on my tops and they’re cheap enough to buy loads of different ones. Usually takes a week to 2 weeks to come which is great especially at the moment. Always some sort of discount as well.

Only bad thing I got was a pair of heels - sizing was tiny and the strap barely fit round my ankle to fasten it. And I have really skinny feet and ankles. I sent them back, the refund was really quick once I sent them. The problem was trying to find the returns label on the website, it wasn’t where they said it should be so I had to contact them on Twitter. First time they replied quickly and asked for my order number. After that I messaged them 3 times to chase it and never got a reply but then the label miraculously appeared.

Reactions: 1
I made an order last week and paid by Klarna, 10 mins later I decided to cancel it as I wanted to add more items to my order. I got a refund but they haven't refunded the full amount so I'm £12 down and they are ignoring my messages on instagram and email. Klarna are basically saying they can't refund me until Shein process the remainder of the refund :mad: :rolleyes: .

I ordered a few months ago for pyjamas and they wasn't too bad

I had forgotten about this company until it popped up on here. I used to get tops from then for summer, only every had a problem with one top, which if I had read the reviews for it, I would not have ordered it, it came up very very small.

I have just received five tops from them, all perfectly fine.
Do you order your normal size or size up/down?

I'm a size 14/16 top (everlasting 'baby bump', as my 5 year old calls it 🙈), not sure if I should order L or XL.

I order my normal size but I make sure I read the reviews for the item/s I am after.

That will also give you feedback on the sizing

FYI ladies I returned some stuff a while back, it was too big for me but the quality was decent. I had to complain to get my refund though. It had been 15 days since I posted it, i had checked the track and trace which confirmed it arrived with them. They didn't apologise for the delay once I could finally get in touch. I struggled to find out how to contact them too. Its put me off ordering again tbh x