SHEIN - reviews

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered 5 dresses a few months ago and they all fitted fine and the quality was fine even after washing a few times. I’ve just done a second order so hoping for the same quality!

Reactions: 2

Who buys this cheap shite? The quality is naff, made by cheap labour on a few pence a day in China and sent here at a huge cost to the environment. Shocked that Brits still want to buy cheap tat from China.

Reactions: 4
After the past 2 years we’ve had I think people would do well to keep their negativity to themselves.

Reactions: 6

Who buys this cheap shite? The quality is naff, made by cheap labour on a few pence a day in China and sent here at a huge cost to the environment. Shocked that Brits still want to buy cheap tat from China.
Hate to break it to you but the vast majority of the f clothes for sale on the hightstreet - from high end stores to budget retailers- is mass produced in factories in places like China/Vietnam/Maylasia etc

(Also people can buy whatever they want from wherever they want so maybe go and preach somewhere else)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I bought a few shirts last week from a woman who imports Shein clothing and sells it on a local marketplace (her markup is minimal).

The sizes are very hit and miss ... even though I bought two shirts exactly the same (black, long-sleeved, frill-necked - great for work), the sizing is completely off. It's all good though ... I've listed the too-small one for sale on the marketplace along with the measurements and already have bids on it.

I love the lightweight, easy-care fabrics they use. Most of all, I love the budget-friendly price point.

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe how quick the deliveries are coming these days… I ordered last week and it came in 3 days, mental!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ordered shoes from here? There’s a pair of boots I have my eye on but unsure about the sizing issue?

Best thing I’ve bought from shein is raised cat bowls for my cats! Highly recommend. I’ve bought loads of clothes too u just have too looo at the reviews under each item to get the correct size !

Has anyone ordered shoes from here? There’s a pair of boots I have my eye on but unsure about the sizing issue?
I bought shoes once were miles too small look at the reviews under the boots to check

I've ordered a couple of things off Shein and its so hit and miss. I ordered a dress a while ago and the fit was quite snug so decided I would size up next time - I do like the dress and the quality is pretty decent, plus it washes well. The next things I ordered were massive, far too big. I'm generally a size 10/12 and found going for M was a bit hit and miss but then so was a size L so now I try and gauge it based on the fit of the thing i.e. more fitted stuff go for L, loose/oversize fit go for M.

I've ordered a couple of things off Shein and its so hit and miss. I ordered a dress a while ago and the fit was quite snug so decided I would size up next time - I do like the dress and the quality is pretty decent, plus it washes well. The next things I ordered were massive, far too big. I'm generally a size 10/12 and found going for M was a bit hit and miss but then so was a size L so now I try and gauge it based on the fit of the thing i.e. more fitted stuff go for L, loose/oversize fit go for M.
Each item on the website has the measurements of the garment listed. You need to check that and compare it to your own measurements then go for the one that is the right size. It’s all over the place but I found by doing that everything arrives the right size. If there’s something that I find isn’t showing quite right - if the bust is the right size but the waist is too small or whatever I tend to order a size larger.

Reactions: 1
I always size up and they’re fine
Best thing I’ve bought from shein is raised cat bowls for my cats! Highly recommend. I’ve bought loads of clothes too u just have too looo at the reviews under each item to get the correct size !

I bought shoes once were miles too small look at the reviews under the boots to check
May have to give the boots a miss then as I’m a size 7 and these only go up to a 7.5!

A while back, I bought an 'Autograph' label dress for $59 on special and the first time I washed it, one of the seams came undone. A bit annoying, but I'm handy with a sewing machine so I repaired it. Then the hem came down and little loose threads would appear from nowhere.

A few months later I met a lady at a function wearing the exact same style, but in a far nicer pattern. I asked her where she got it from and she said Shein ... I told her about the issues I'd had with my one and she said she had the same issue with the side seam stitching but didn't really mind as she loves the dress and it only cost her $10.

I think a lot of the High Street stores probably get their stuff in from the same factory as Shein and add their huge mark-up.

I've just packed up my first orders returns. I ordered 4 tops, 2 dresses and some pjs.

Kept 1 top (the others were too big), 1 dress (the other didn't suit me) and these PJs which I LOVE.

Also got these little gift boxes which are cute

Took ages to come, but ahead of their estimated delivery date. Would I order again, probably not
Quoting myself, but I wouldn't buy again. The PJ bottoms lasted no time at all, ended up with a hole in the crotch. The refund took weeks to the point I assumed I wasn't seeing it.

• Sad
I've had a few orders now and everything has been good just read the reviews before buying.

Yeah I agree! The reviews tend to be pretty accurate to be honest, I always check them before buying an item. Shipping seems to be really fast on the last couple of orders I’ve had

Reactions: 4
Yeah I agree! The reviews tend to be pretty accurate to be honest, I always check them before buying an item. Shipping seems to be really fast on the last couple of orders I’ve had
The reviews on Shein are some of the best actually. I love when people take photos of themselves in the outfits and include with the review - properly gives you an idea of how it looks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12