Share Photos of Pets/Wildlife

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I called it Sookle face or Sooklin'! :ROFLMAO:
Cross between suckle and sook which is Scottish for being all cuddly, like "you're a right sook" :ROFLMAO: ❀

I may not fits, but I still sits! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They are awesome cats! What are they like personality wise? Do you need an enclosed garden? Fascinated by Maine Coons and would love to know more!
@GoLibrarianPoo sooklin, that is very cute. Ps, born and bred Scots hereπŸ˜‰Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you've got it, flaunt it! Feathers away! ❀
Oh he's got it alright πŸ‘πŸ€£he's still young but had really bad start in life I'm loving his ability to trust & he absolutely loves to learn, just blows me away. And makes me smile every single dayπŸ’•not a bad bone in his beautiful bodyπŸ₯°

• Heart
Massive waffle oncoming, you have been warned :ROFLMAO:Sorry!

Oh he's got it alright πŸ‘πŸ€£he's still young but had really bad start in life I'm loving his ability to trust & he absolutely loves to learn, just blows me away. And makes me smile every single dayπŸ’•not a bad bone in his beautiful bodyπŸ₯°
This is one of the things I really love about horses (and dogs ;) ) is their endless capacity to love and trust even after some of the most horrific treatment you can imagine 😭 ❀

I couldn't even get through the trailer for War Horse,
I know the titular horse survives
Just the thought of those horses and other animals that were in that war (wars in general really) particularly.

They weren't war horses, they were just regular ponies and horses but they loved their humans and trusted them so entirely that they did all they did in the conditions they were in.

I find animals endlessly amazing, we barely scraped the surface of what we know about them and how intelligent they are.

Dogs have a similar physiological response to humans when we tell them we love them, it releases happy hormones in their brains, slows their heart rates and reduces their stress levels. I always have told my animals I love them but I do it extra with doggo because I know this now ❀

ETA: Oh my Dog! Can't believe I forgot this one!
There is a dog that has been taught how to talk using a mat with light up buttons incorporated into it, it started with just a couple of words and now this super dog knows lots of words! I would also recommend looking this up on Youtube, I'm sorry it's such a vague reference, I can't for the life of me remember what the dog is called πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It's really incredible how much this dog understands and can communicate, I had read about studies that show dogs intelligence could be comparable to 1-2 year old children before but this blew me away!

Rats are amazing I used to have two, Roland and Splinter ha ha!
There has been a couple of studies with rats recently that I really found incredible.
The first showed that when two rats were put in a position where one would starve from lack of access to food (Ahh hated reading this bit although I'm hoping they wouldn't have let it go that far! :( ) and the other would be given sufficient food, most of the rats would purposely share their portion of food with the rat who was hungry ❀
The second one was way more fun to read! Rats can be taught how to play hide and seek! They actively enjoy the game and can pick up the nuances very quickly, excelling at both hiding and seeking behaviours. There is a video of this on Youtube (y)

Some Elephants have a similar physiological response when they see humans as humans do when they see cute kittens, puppies etc.
Basically humans think we are cute, tiny, hairless monkeys and they Naaaw! :love: when they see us :ROFLMAO:

My factoid list wouldn't be complete without an Orangutan factoid in honour of UU's most prehensile Alumnus, the Librarian.
Did you know that Orang babies giggle like human babies when they are tickled? It is adorable! I highly reccomend you Youtube it immediately if you feel depressed! ❀
When Orangs are orphaned they are sometimes lucky enough to be taken into a rehabilitation program where they go through Orangutan school from having all their needs taken care of by a surrogate human mum, to primary school/kindergarten where they learn Orang skills in the refuge, to secondary/high school where the basic skills are down pat and they have less interaction with humans and learn social skills from their peers in a semi wild replicated part of the program, to graduation where they finally have learnt to Orang like a Big Orange Boss and they get to leave school and make their way in the world completely free of their former human carers ❀
While they are in the nursery to primary ages play and cuddles are a really important part of their day, much like it is for human babies. So their human surrogates will spend time playing peek a boo and cuddling and getting the cutest giggles and grins from their precious little charges with tickles and silliness - it's seriously heartwarming watching and I was giggling along when I watched it :ROFLMAO:

Sorry I have no pics to offer tonight :/

• Heart
I called it Sookle face or Sooklin'! :ROFLMAO:
Cross between suckle and sook which is Scottish for being all cuddly, like "you're a right sook" :ROFLMAO: ❀

I may not fits, but I still sits! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They are awesome cats! What are they like personality wise? Do you need an enclosed garden? Fascinated by Maine Coons and would love to know more!
Oh, they are incredibly cool cats! I've always had rescues and when I lost my last one my husband surprised me with my boy Pooh and now we have three! They're very chilled out, not really lap cats but more likely to sit next to you. They love to interact with their people and 'help' with housework. I live in outer Eastern Victoria with lots of birds and wildlife so the cats stay indoors mostly. I converted an old bird aviary for them to go outside but they mainly hang out in the spare room and play in there with toys and boxes.
They do require a lot of maintenance and stimulation as they are very intelligent.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby sloths make cute noises too
Youtube here I come! ❀

Oh, they are incredibly cool cats! I've always had rescues and when I lost my last one my husband surprised me with my boy Pooh and now we have three! They're very chilled out, not really lap cats but more likely to sit next to you. They love to interact with their people and 'help' with housework. I live in outer Eastern Victoria with lots of birds and wildlife so the cats stay indoors mostly. I converted an old bird aviary for them to go outside but they mainly hang out in the spare room and play in there with toys and boxes.
They do require a lot of maintenance and stimulation as they are very intelligent.
Aw how lovely, well done your husband! Pooh has gorgeous eyes btw! ❀
That is very cool, thank you! Do you walk them? Would they let you? :ROFLMAO: or do they not need much exercise because of their size? Sorry 1001 questions! :eek: I think a cat that big would be awesome, my little cat used to just suddenly appear underfoot and I'm a clumsy bugger so I was always afraid of accidentally hurting her πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ One of the reasons I love big dog here, and he's as clumsy as me so we make a right pair :ROFLMAO:

ETA: sorry in my cute induced excitement I quoted you twice Penguin 🀣

Oh! That is so so cute! :love: where is the ear hearts emoji when you need it too! Sloths are funky-cute lookin, sweet squeekin, slow mos ❀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Massive waffle oncoming, you have been warned :ROFLMAO:Sorry!

This is one of the things I really love about horses (and dogs ;) ) is their endless capacity to love and trust even after some of the most horrific treatment you can imagine 😭 ❀

I couldn't even get through the trailer for War Horse,
I know the titular horse survives
Just the thought of those horses and other animals that were in that war (wars in general really) particularly.

They weren't war horses, they were just regular ponies and horses but they loved their humans and trusted them so entirely that they did all they did in the conditions they were in.

I find animals endlessly amazing, we barely scraped the surface of what we know about them and how intelligent they are.

Dogs have a similar physiological response to humans when we tell them we love them, it releases happy hormones in their brains, slows their heart rates and reduces their stress levels. I always have told my animals I love them but I do it extra with doggo because I know this now ❀

ETA: Oh my Dog! Can't believe I forgot this one!
There is a dog that has been taught how to talk using a mat with light up buttons incorporated into it, it started with just a couple of words and now this super dog knows lots of words! I would also recommend looking this up on Youtube, I'm sorry it's such a vague reference, I can't for the life of me remember what the dog is called πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It's really incredible how much this dog understands and can communicate, I had read about studies that show dogs intelligence could be comparable to 1-2 year old children before but this blew me away!

Rats are amazing I used to have two, Roland and Splinter ha ha!
There has been a couple of studies with rats recently that I really found incredible.
The first showed that when two rats were put in a position where one would starve from lack of access to food (Ahh hated reading this bit although I'm hoping they wouldn't have let it go that far! :( ) and the other would be given sufficient food, most of the rats would purposely share their portion of food with the rat who was hungry ❀
The second one was way more fun to read! Rats can be taught how to play hide and seek! They actively enjoy the game and can pick up the nuances very quickly, excelling at both hiding and seeking behaviours. There is a video of this on Youtube (y)

Some Elephants have a similar physiological response when they see humans as humans do when they see cute kittens, puppies etc.
Basically humans think we are cute, tiny, hairless monkeys and they Naaaw! :love: when they see us :ROFLMAO:

My factoid list wouldn't be complete without an Orangutan factoid in honour of UU's most prehensile Alumnus, the Librarian.
Did you know that Orang babies giggle like human babies when they are tickled? It is adorable! I highly reccomend you Youtube it immediately if you feel depressed! ❀
When Orangs are orphaned they are sometimes lucky enough to be taken into a rehabilitation program where they go through Orangutan school from having all their needs taken care of by a surrogate human mum, to primary school/kindergarten where they learn Orang skills in the refuge, to secondary/high school where the basic skills are down pat and they have less interaction with humans and learn social skills from their peers in a semi wild replicated part of the program, to graduation where they finally have learnt to Orang like a Big Orange Boss and they get to leave school and make their way in the world completely free of their former human carers ❀
While they are in the nursery to primary ages play and cuddles are a really important part of their day, much like it is for human babies. So their human surrogates will spend time playing peek a boo and cuddling and getting the cutest giggles and grins from their precious little charges with tickles and silliness - it's seriously heartwarming watching and I was giggling along when I watched it :ROFLMAO:

Sorry I have no pics to offer tonight :/
Love & agree with all of thisβ™₯also I have to add sheep are amazing & remember people also. I can't even, same as you, re Warhorse. That war was one of main reasons Suffolk punches are now so rare & a breed in critical danger. The thought of betraying any single animals trust in me... can't even cope. I'm so very lucky to be part of their lives & I hate what they went through to come to me. People say to me "you've done so well with him" I say no, he's done so well himself I'm just privileged to be part of it.

• Heart
I had to stop Magpierainbow or I'd fill the thread with little animal bits and pieces :ROFLMAO: Sheep are very good at facial recognition! I knew someone who had 3 pet sheep that lived in a herd but knew their names :ROFLMAO:

I didn't know that the war was such a contributing factor in their number decline! :(
Suffolk punches are such beautiful horses, it's such a shame they are at a critical low :( There used to be a SP cross at the yard I helped out at as a teenager and she was the loveliest big lady! So sweet and gentle but built like the side of the barn :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you have found each other πŸ’ž

Eta: my spelling πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
@GoLibrarianPoo We don't walk them, I think some other MC owners do though. We've always made sure they have lots of things to climb on and play with. They're getting a little older now- Pooh is 9, Thor 8 and my girl Susan is 7- so they're not as active.
Male MCs are known for being clowns up until old age but honestly Susan is the craziest, zoomiest goose I've ever met. Always up to something!
18419E04-EED8-4EA0-8443-B2771556E57E.jpeg

This is her usual expression, she's not as clever as the boys but she's very friendly and loves to flop from side to side on the floor. I call her 'SuperHappyFunBall'.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Don't stop! Love this animal threadπŸ’• Can't remember exactly but am fairly sure one of main things was East anglia closest to ports for shipping, you get the picture🀬
I always buy a purple poppy badge alongside the regular ones for remembrance dayπŸ‘πŸ’œ
Screenshot_20211212-075854_Chrome.jpg

@GoLibrarianPoo We don't walk them, I think some other MC owners do though. We've always made sure they have lots of things to climb on and play with. They're getting a little older now- Pooh is 9, Thor 8 and my girl Susan is 7- so they're not as active.
Male MCs are known for being clowns up until old age but honestly Susan is the craziest, zoomiest goose I've ever met. Always up to something!View attachment 919211
This is her usual expression, she's not as clever as the boys but she's very friendly and loves to flop from side to side on the floor. I call her 'SuperHappyFunBall'.
Just beautiful πŸ’•πŸ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aw her wee (big) face! and her markings on her lips! :love:

That's really kind of you to take time to answer my heaps of questions thank you so much! (y) They sound utterly brilliant :D

Wonder what the dog would make of a cat that size?! One look and run awaaaay probably, he's a bit of a wuss for the most part :ROFLMAO:

@Magpierainbow Oh... ok, twist my rubber arm ;)

I heard recently that crows (freaking looove crows and ravens!) are more advanced tool users than we previously thought, and we already knew they were pretty damn clever anyway. They also have excellent facial recognition and memories for humans, and they talk to each other and pass on info on which humans to avoid or get food/resources from! (y)

I'm sure most of you know already but cats actually communicate with each other in a frequency we cannot pick up with the human ear. When cats meow at us it is language specific to that cat for you, because you are a deaf bugger and the cat HAS TO SHOUT 🀣 the only other time they communicate on frequency we can hear is when they are communicating with kittens because it takes a while for their ears to be able to pick it up.
They are also far more social in family groups than a lot of people think and are known to live happily in fairly large familial groups if feral.
They prefer the company of their humans to food also btw so it's a total myth that cats don't like people, they just have standards ;)

Cows have a best friend within the herd and they get depressed if they are separated from them :(

I've got more but I really need to get off tattle and do real worldy things :(

Oh the purple badge is such a good idea! I've never seen one of those before! ❀

Also added bonus plantfo, apparently some trees have been observed (how? don't ask me!) to syphon off some of their nutrients to other trees in their "family" that are sick or otherwise lacking in sustenance πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ who knew! Nature is a wonder! ❀

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Heart
Aw her wee (big) face! and her markings on her lips! :love:

That's really kind of you to take time to answer my heaps of questions thank you so much! (y) They sound utterly brilliant :D

Wonder what the dog would make of a cat that size?! One look and run awaaaay probably, he's a bit of a wuss for the most part :ROFLMAO:

@Magpierainbow Oh... ok, twist my rubber arm ;)

I heard recently that crows (freaking looove crows and ravens!) are more advanced tool users than we previously thought, and we already knew they were pretty damn clever anyway. They also have excellent facial recognition and memories for humans, and they talk to each other and pass on info on which humans to avoid or get food/resources from! (y)

I'm sure most of you know already but cats actually communicate with each other in a frequency we cannot pick up with the human ear. When cats meow at us it is language specific to that cat for you, because you are a deaf bugger and the cat HAS TO SHOUT 🀣 the only other time they communicate on frequency we can hear is when they are communicating with kittens because it takes a while for their ears to be able to pick it up.
They are also far more social in family groups than a lot of people think and are known to live happily in fairly large familial groups if feral.
They prefer the company of their humans to food also btw so it's a total myth that cats don't like people, they just have standards ;)

Cows have a best friend within the herd and they get depressed if they are separated from them :(

I've got more but I really need to get off tattle and do real worldy things :(

Oh the purple badge is such a good idea! I've never seen one of those before! ❀

Also added bonus plantfo, apparently some trees have been observed (how? don't ask me!) to syphon off some of their nutrients to other trees in their "family" that are sick or otherwise lacking in sustenance πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ who knew! Nature is a wonder! ❀
Friend of mine had reared a crow that fell out of nest (her place surrounded by trees it's so peaceful & lovely, she keeps a lot wild for the wildlife) he got released but he "guards" his mum's house/nest, has his own partner now, but she can tell him apart from rest & distinguish his call from others. He gets meal leftovers she only has to go out of door & call him! As well as magpies I have crows & jackdaws at my field, grandaddy jackdaw is awesome his ruff is speckled white now. I obviously can't prove it but my house is approx one mile from field more or less straight line I truly believe one or more of jackdaws have tracked me, more than once one has called as I get in car in morning on way to field (with their meal scraps/ leftovers cat food)! That's amazing about trees sharing πŸ’•recently been reading about "forest bathing" All I know is I couldn't live anywhere without trees (I fully know how lucky I am to do so). After a bad night being down field with boy seeing sun come up is greatest gift possible. Cats - could go on forever🀭Cows, sheep, pigs - love them all as youngster one of my aunts in laws bred pigs she used to send me off to catch a piglet knowing full well I'd be occupied for hours playing with slippery little buggers while mum pig snorted laughter from corner (swear pigs laugh at people) sorry another long one - love this thread.

• Heart
Friend of mine had reared a crow that fell out of nest (her place surrounded by trees it's so peaceful & lovely, she keeps a lot wild for the wildlife) he got released but he "guards" his mum's house/nest, has his own partner now, but she can tell him apart from rest & distinguish his call from others. He gets meal leftovers she only has to go out of door & call him! As well as magpies I have crows & jackdaws at my field, grandaddy jackdaw is awesome his ruff is speckled white now. I obviously can't prove it but my house is approx one mile from field more or less straight line I truly believe one or more of jackdaws have tracked me, more than once one has called as I get in car in morning on way to field (with their meal scraps/ leftovers cat food)! That's amazing about trees sharing πŸ’•recently been reading about "forest bathing" All I know is I couldn't live anywhere without trees (I fully know how lucky I am to do so). After a bad night being down field with boy seeing sun come up is greatest gift possible. Cats - could go on forever🀭Cows, sheep, pigs - love them all as youngster one of my aunts in laws bred pigs she used to send me off to catch a piglet knowing full well I'd be occupied for hours playing with slippery little buggers while mum pig snorted laughter from corner (swear pigs laugh at people) sorry another long one - love this thread.
That is a really sweet crow story but (sorry can't help myself!) Crows and ravens are known for fledging from the ground, if you find one out of the nest you are best to leave it be because it's part of their natural behaviours. I only know because I almost made the same mistake but checked first :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant about the pigs, they are super clever but I'm a little wary of them πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO:

Ah I miss my old house, it was in a beautiful place surrounded by trees. I'm in a town now and it sucks, too much concrete, not helping my depression but not much I can do about it just now πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
That is a really sweet crow story but (sorry can't help myself!) Crows and ravens are known for fledging from the ground, if you find one out of the nest you are best to leave it be because it's part of their natural behaviours. I only know because I almost made the same mistake but checked first :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant about the pigs, they are super clever but I'm a little wary of them πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO:

Ah I miss my old house, it was in a beautiful place surrounded by trees. I'm in a town now and it sucks, too much concrete, not helping my depression but not much I can do about it just now πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Ah I see your point, her brother is actually a wild bird expert (runs wildlife place) they established it had been rejected after high winds etc & stepped in after certain amount of days, just to save its life, but you totally correct about that in normal circumstances. One time a whole nest of Swallows fell on my horses bed from unstable beam above I nailed a bit of wood in corner then, using gloves, very quickly lifted it (with 3 tiny babies in) onto the makeshift support & watched for few days - mum & dad carried on feeding & they fledged! One of best things everπŸ’• are you able to have plants in house? πŸ«‚πŸ˜˜

• Heart
Ah cool, that's awesome! Very cool job! ❀
I would totally love a Crow or Raven to be my mate and come sit on my shoulder etc :LOL:

Aw that was Swift ;) thinking of you! ❀
I always love that time of year, seeing baby birds in the stables was always a really lovely treat! They are such cool little birds and you wouldn't think they'd all fit in that wee nest! :ROFLMAO:

My neighbour is a great gardener and she has decked out our communal spaces with her lovely plant babies, but unfortunately my talents apparently lie on the animal side of things. I've got a black instead of green thumb, I just look at a plant and it seems to die :eek: I've given up trying now πŸ˜“ :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ah cool, that's awesome! Very cool job! ❀
I would totally love a Crow or Raven to be my mate and come sit on my shoulder etc :LOL:

Aw that was Swift ;) thinking of you! ❀
I always love that time of year, seeing baby birds in the stables was always a really lovely treat! They are such cool little birds and you wouldn't think they'd all fit in that wee nest! :ROFLMAO:

My neighbour is a great gardener and she has decked out our communal spaces with her lovely plant babies, but unfortunately my talents apparently lie on the animal side of things. I've got a black instead of green thumb, I just look at a plant and it seems to die :eek: I've given up trying now πŸ˜“ :LOL:
Then how about some massive as affordably poss green leafy fake plants πŸͺ΄? Anything to make your inner sanctuary peaceful 😘. I know, still stunned by that achievement, was about 5/6 yrs ago. And the only reason I knew they were there was that my old girl, who loved her bed, was staring into stable & looking at me, she wouldn't go in & disturb them bless herπŸ’•

• Heart
Then how about some massive as affordably poss green leafy fake plants πŸͺ΄? Anything to make your inner sanctuary peaceful 😘. I know, still stunned by that achievement, was about 5/6 yrs ago. And the only reason I knew they were there was that my old girl, who loved her bed, was staring into stable & looking at me, she wouldn't go in & disturb them bless herπŸ’•
Awwwww! ❀ 😭 what a beautiful gentle girl! That's so lovely!

I could maybe put them in pots on the ground because there's not a lot of surface space but in all honesty I think the dog would randomly knock them over or carry them around as his "prize" to show off to visitors, breathing like darth vader coz he's all happy with his self πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ:ROFLMAO: Socks are favourite but he'll hold basically whatever isn't tied down... gently, proudly... but nothing is safe ha ha!

• Heart
  • Haha