Shannen Joyce #6 Big C for Con, your attitude is not on. Explain yourself, where has the money gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lynsey Bennett has a thread on here newly created last month... Can't seem to paste the link! But yes, while Lynsey is sadly terminal, she had a 90k GFM and also received a large undisclosed state settlement, blew about 500k (which i don't think people are aware of) yet happily created a second GFM in Jan to support further holistic treatment in Germany. Sorry, I digress. Keep it to Shannen on this thread!

@Missymeister reading over the last few threads, I truly feel for you and hope you feel better soon. You're some woman 💪💕
The settlement was 3.5 MILLION!!!!!!!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Reported again 👌 Keep reporting everyone 👏 . I was following another account that got hacked and when people reported it , it was deleted . So Insta do look into it , may just take time 🤞
What will all these instahuns do now if Meta has to shut down Insta and Facebook in Europe. Poor Shannon’s Insta career will be over for once and all 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Reported again 👌 Keep reporting everyone 👏 . I was following another account that got hacked and when people reported it , it was deleted . So Insta do look into it , may just take time 🤞
What will all these instahuns do now if Meta has to shut down Insta and Facebook in Europe. Poor Shannon’s Insta career will be over for once and all 🤣
Sure with all her money she can get up get own social media site......Shannenbook....where you're only allowed to talk about Shannen......

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’d luv if this happened, we might not have much to talk about on this anymore but some ‘influencers’ would be gone like Houdini

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A stop these GFM have got out of hand
It would be great if someone set up a petition about them in general, not naming names but an overall worded piece about how unregulated they are, about no tax and no clause to make sure further updates are provided.

Also an email template for politicians and who best to send them too.

It would be great if someone set up a petition about them in general, not naming names but an overall worded piece about how unregulated they are, about no tax and no clause to make sure further updates are provided.

Also an email template for politicians and who best to send them too.
Totally agree it has to be addressed

Reactions: 3
When you donate to a GFM page you are agreeing to hand over money and once it leaves your account that's it, it's gone and no longer yours.
We all know they are not regulated so no point saying you were scammed now.
I don't care what she does with the money because I don't personally know her so therefore I wasn't handing over any of my money.
You are all wasting your time and energy on this as she has absolutely no obligation to tell you what happened the fund.
Her worst case scenario is her insta fame ends but she still walks away with 175k while you are all wasting time reporting her everyday

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
When you donate to a GFM page you are agreeing to hand over money and once it leaves your account that's it, it's gone and no longer yours.
I don't care what she does with the money because I don't personally know her so therefore I wasn't handing over any of my money.
You are all wasting your time and energy on this as she has absolutely no obligation to tell you what happened the fund.
Her worst case scenario is her insta fame ends but she still walks away with 175k while you are all wasting time reporting her everyday
More so why GFM needs to be more regulated.
It makes no sense that so much money can be got no tax implications no declaring when applying for benefits etc.
Money that has already been donated to a GFM is gone.
But hopefully going forward GFM if enough people draw attention to it may become regulated

Reactions: 7
Agree to a certain extent, I think she would be wise to walk away from insta and go life her life, a real meaningful life, I’m sure all this is causing her stress which is probably something she’s been told to avoid.

Live and learn I won’t be donating to causes that i don’t personally know no matter how triggering they are for me.

The GFM was supposed to be for support for and during treatment (including travel and accommodation expenses), also if alternative therapies were required outside of ireland/the HSE. If the money has not been used for this things (which we know it hasn't been) then it is fraud. Plain and simple.

• Heart
I don’t see it as time wasting. If everyone did nothing when they saw a wrong what kind of world would we live in!

Shannen lied, she claimed she needed money for treatment which was never the case, she also said when she was clear she would donate the money which she didn’t. The money is hers yes but she should still be held accountable for her actions. If the money is gone and can’t be forwarded on to others then she at the very least shouldn’t be able to make more money off her Illness via Instagram

Bottom line I will never ever make a cash donation to anyone.

Reactions: 9
Agree to a certain extent, I think she would be wise to walk away from insta and go life her life, a real meaningful life, I’m sure all this is causing her stress which is probably something she’s been told to avoid.

Live and learn I won’t be donating to causes that i don’t personally know no matter how triggering they are for me.
Me either or to be honest even one I know if they say its for treatment costs because to be fair the majority of those costs are covered by the state.
Why they dont word it to cover travel expensive etc.
I tell you why because the same amount of money would not be raised.

You may see it as a waste of time.. alot of us don't...

So I'll keep going until she is held accountable for taking people's money under false pretenses .. that's the issue we have... is fruad... in my opinion

• Heart
Exactly, just let this be a lesson learned for everyone involved.
I understand the anger and the reporting of her account but everyone knows the reputation tattlers have, so no matter how well-meaning everyone is, to the outside world this will always looks like a witch hunt against a cancer patient or survivor or whatever she is.
But being a cancer survivor, or a patient for that matter, does not give you a free pass on accountability, and herein lies the issues many people have on this thread.
The untouchable cancer patient/survivor.
The mental health sufferer.
The anxiety sufferer.
A good majority of these 'huns' have issues like above, or seem to, and because they put a label on themselves deem themselves to be untouchable.
'Sorry Garda, I was speeding, but I'm a cancer survivor, I am allowed speed over the limit' is what they are pedalling.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If you passed someone on the street and they ask for money to get their kids food and you had them a tenner in good faith and you then see them go into a shop and buy alcohol, what are you going to do! Its the exact same as GFM pages.
Unless you know the person, stop handing over your money unless you are willing to forget about it once the transaction is complete.

If you passed someone on the street and they ask for money to get their kids food and you had them a tenner in good faith and you then see them go into a shop and buy alcohol, what are you going to do! Its the exact same as GFM pages.
Unless you know the person, stop handing over your money unless you are willing to forget about it once the transaction is complete.
Nearly 200k is a bit different to a tenner in fairness...

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.