Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now this is interesting!! @Yel
Jeffree Star is still doing well in his own right, Shane gave him good PR and public perception changed for a while.
My real interest was in grav3yardgirl. Her channel was dead in the water.
She had an initial boost, was seen on vlogs with old “YouTube friends”
(LeighAnneVlogs) then made her questionable Starbucks video.
And I don’t think I’ve seen anything about her since.
Tana is a car crash anyway, but he is definitely the reason she got so much support after Tanacon. And without him in her corner she would have been left to face the music.
My opinion on Shane himself changed with the Jake Paul chronicles. He came across as fake. They BOTH came across as fake.
So I question his integrity now, which for me was the thing I liked about Shane, he didn’t seem fake in the slightest.
Now...... Justin Bieber. I don’t know if I’m interested or confused or just don’t care anymore.
But I’ve seen people openly say the miss his old content. The conspiracy theories etc. So maybe more than just use are unimpressed with his attempts to be OnlineOprah.
By the looks of it True Georgie has been in contact with Shane about doing a “documentary/interview” with him. I can’t see Shane going to the UK for this or actually agreeing to it. But they have apparently made contact.
Brian did the same kind of fluff piece with the Paul brothers which he kinda admits.
But I’d enjoy watching them together, they’re so different.

OR.... we could get Shane on pointlessKnobs new podcast. Think of the quality content there ?
“Have you ever pissed yourself in high school AND drank it” ??‍♀

Reactions: 4
Agree Shane came across as really fake in the Jake Paul ones. Really dramatic for no reason and not believable.

He did overact in the Jefree ones, going on "OMG this car is worth more than my house!!!!" when the car was 350k and his house he bought several years ago for 1.6m. He acted up enough on the jefree one, but kinda forgave him as it was entertaining.

I'm still pissed I wasted 7 hours watching the Jake Paul one for no payoff. I feel cheated and Shane taking months off after it seems over the top.

I think he probably just replied to True Geordie to be kind and exploring possibilities for the next show.

I'm meh at a Beiber one, if Jake Paul can twist and distort the narrative to suit him I'm sure Beiber will do also.

These are the stats because I like a graph. I think there's no saving Bunny, her style of videos and shouting just doesn't work anymore. They give me a headache.

bunny.jpg
jefree.jpg

Reactions: 1
I feel like I shouldn't have renamed this thread now, sorry @Oohthedrama - was getting so many jake paul and shane threads in different palces covering the same show.

Just looking at grav3yardgirl and jefree's stats and they are now exactly back to where they were before the Shane show. All they seem to have got was a boost for a month that dropped off quickly. People are giving shane too much credit for his "power".
I agree. Grav3yardgirl was a hot mess for Octovlog for the whole month.

Ah sorry you posted the same video, yours didn't load when I posted it!

I'm quite liking mat pat's and inabbers videos - really showing up how bad the Shane Dawson show was. Glad to see it as was getting ridiculous people praising him for such a waste of time.

This made me so angry.
Kati Morton is a “marriage and family therapist”
Who’s goal is to “educate and empower you”
She welcomes open communication, yet responds to none of the valid criticism or concerns she received. The comments in this are more interesting than her excuses, some call her out in a really intelligent, none aggressive way and not one is replied to yet the “fans” get hearted comment ?
I think she’s more “YouTuber” than “therapist” and far to annoying to watch again.
I hope the grav3yardgirl effect applies to her channel as well, a few extra views and then back to being irrelevant.

this was funny.
Ahaha omg I love u for sharing this!

I used to watch bunny a little about 4 years ago. it was like watching the after effect of a mix of drugs all at once. lmao. it was kinda entertaining but i had to unsub before she blew out my eardrums permanently.

I'm so over Shanes content, the Jake Paul stuff was too much. I like the conspiracy theories he's done in the past, but he should just release them rather than ramp them up.

I like JS, but have no desire to watch half an hour of him gifting Shane designer stuff in his mansion.

You could see how much he wanted to release a pallet when he heard how much Jefree makes from it. I don't know how it will work as he only ever used makeup for comedy so wouldn't be genuine. But it will be coming soon.

I'm so over Shanes content, the Jake Paul stuff was too much. I like the conspiracy theories he's done in the past, but he should just release them rather than ramp them up.

I like JS, but have no desire to watch half an hour of him gifting Shane designer stuff in his mansion.

You could see how much he wanted to release a pallet when he heard how much Jefree makes from it. I don't know how it will work as he only ever used makeup for comedy so wouldn't be genuine. But it will be coming soon.

That’s the first upload I watched when I honestly thought, this is such desperate content and feels so forced and vulgar.
I don’t dislike Shane but he’s lost credibility to me, Tana, the Paul’s, I just didn’t like what he did with them.
I like jeffree but in the last few months he’s acting a bit desperate, getting involved in everyone’s dramas and just really stirring the pot online. Usually what I live for ? but so different in personality to Shane.

It’s a bit like the popular kid in school finding out the fat looser kid is actually a millionaire with a hot brother so he befriends him for that reason.

Reactions: 3
Feel the same about it all @Oohthedrama it's turning me off both jeffree and Shane as it's just not feeling right.

Moved these posts to start a non rave thread, don't want to troll that one. Really can't rave for Shane at the moment. People are treating him like a god on YouTube for those documentaries that were very amateur, forced, unstructured and pretty tit.

Reactions: 2
Oh gosh, Shane is gross, never washes, wears the same clothes goes on about his anal fissures. Yuck. Oh and I can't stand the way he is always picking at his spots on his face/neck.

Reactions: 6
Aww I like Shane, I'm just unwashed in comfy clothes if I don't have to go to work. Although will go to the gym in the evening.

It's his content I find vastly overated and pretty average at best.

Has anyone watched this video? It'll be long and I've got no time for that.

Reactions: 2
I tried the new video and managed about 20mins. It isn't terrible just awfully meandering and the conspiracy's aren't that interesting (unless they improve the more you watch). Plus who on earth is that irritating camera person with his high pitched giggling at f-all? Very irritating. I like Shane in theory but realise I don't much like his videos if that makes any sense at all.

Just had to sit through that with the other half. Ugh. Didn't really want to watch a film length drool of half cooked ideas :sleep:

I tried the new video and managed about 20mins. It isn't terrible just awfully meandering and the conspiracy's aren't that interesting (unless they improve the more you watch). Plus who on earth is that irritating camera person with his high pitched giggling at f-all? Very irritating. I like Shane in theory but realise I don't much like his videos if that makes any sense at all.
That's Andrew Siwicki

I like Shane in theory but realise I don't much like his videos if that makes any sense at all.
Same here. I'm not surprised it's half baked and not that good. The more people praise him for his content the worse it seems to get!

There's so much better content out there.

Will give this one a swerve

It’s all overrated filler. I enjoyed some of his docu-series, but the Jake Paul and this one are overhyped fillers with such an anticlimax. It’s all just nonsense to get the kids scared over nothing. It just feel manipulative and gross really. Especially when he never actually releases a video on the time and date he advertised, and edits super last minute for no reason; maybe I’m being picky but if you’ve worked on a project for nearly two months, you don’t normally say yes it’s done and released by that date unless you KNOW it’s going to be done or it’s already done. Editing hours before release is super unprofessional considering his last video was in Sept-Oct.