Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Graveyard girl
Jeffree Star
Tana mongeau
And coming soon Jake Paul!?!?!

Do you believe Shane Dawson has the power to turn the opinions of the public around, has Shane Dawson become the Oprah of YouTube and if Shane supports your channel, does this mean you’re pardoned for all your sins and indiscretions ?

He definitely worked his magic after Tanacon and Jeffree Star has never been so popular.

Do you think Shane has more clout than most OG YouTubers combined,
And could he be the only person to make Zoella relevant again ?

What do people think about Shane Dawson!? (away from the rave thread he has on here already)

Was he too easy on Tana, did his position as her friend make him biased when investigating the tit show that was Tanacon and help her look like the victim in it all when she really, really wasn’t.
Just wanted to start this thread before his new “series” is released. (As yet no idea what this is gonna be about)

Does Shane Dawson have the midas touch on YouTube

Reactions: 6
Shane has def A LOT of influence on youtube. Thats something I thought about just yesterday. Shane sometimes talks about how difficult it is for him on youtube because he's kinda excluded from the very big youtube stars (with their kid-friendly and clean images), hasn't that much offers for ADs and nearly never was on the trending page of youtube. But funnily enough EVERYONE else on youtube (even the "bigger" ones like Alfie, Joey Graceffa or Niki and Gabi) are trying to be him or producing content like he does.

I love these documentary style videos he produces and it's an innovative way of vlogging and storytelling (that everyone wants to copy now).

Completely agree he was way to easy on Tana, so I don't think he could change the public opinion in this case. Still everyone with some braincells know that Tana is an idiot, a drama queen and a liar.
I don't think he and Zoe could ever work together. In both ways, they never would agree to work together and they wouldnt work well together as the two personalities they are. I think Zoe doesn't get his humour and Shane thinks she's kinda boring or off. She would NEVER tell him any secret (like Jeffree or Bunny did), NEVER open up or admit she had done something wrong. She would never say something bad about herself ni the public or admitting she did mistakes and apologising. You never saw her doing so and you never will, imo. Or can ANYONE imagine Zoe talking about her ghostwriter openly?

Reactions: 2
He's got power but I'm not sure if he really fixed bunny - she had a spike that quickly died down. Jeffree did well but he was still on a upward trend before Shane who probably just helped accelerate it. Tanya has got away with showing a dead body before so I think she will have recovered from Tanyacon. In fact her fake crying I think did more harm than good.

Shane is very influential but he's not got a magic touch. He invited that hater bobby something to do some videos, he then had a spike then died off.

Shane is the main winner out of all of these. Despite his power and influence he isn't outrageously rich, considering his brand is as powerful as a huge media organisation and it's just him and a few friends that started up this new company with his change of direction. His house seems pretty average, although in Hollywood and with a pool it's certainly not a mansion.

Reactions: 4
He's got power but I'm not sure if he really fixed bunny - she had a spike that quickly died down. Jeffree did well but he was still on a upward trend before Shane who probably just helped accelerate it. Tanya has got away with showing a dead body before so I think she will have recovered from Tanyacon. In fact her fake crying I think did more harm than good.

Shane is very influential but he's not got a magic touch. He invited that hater bobby something to do some videos, he then had a spike then died off.

Shane is the main winner out of all of these. Despite his power and influence he isn't outrageously rich, considering his brand is as powerful as a huge media organisation and it's just him and a few friends that started up this new company with his change of direction. His house seems pretty average, although in Hollywood and with a pool it's certainly not a mansion.

Very, very true about bunny,
I think he gave her good coverage and I good base to build on, I saw her in leighanne vlogs a few days after his interview with her and they seemed to be mending bridges too, and she could have built on that, became relevant again... and then she went and had a hissy fit about Starbucks and started digging her own graveyard yet again,
I think Shane brought Jeffree Star to an audience that didn’t really have much time for him before now, I’ve heard so many who have said they changed their opinion on him after watching that documentary.
Bobby was mess, that whole episode was a mess and I think he knew it was after a while so cut him loose, he was trying his best to help him and I think that’s the thing everybody likes about Shane, he really does seem genuine and transparent in everything he does, not driven by money or fame or clout.

And right after this thread has started.... this drops
Jake Paul.

Reactions: 4
I like him being on the other side of the interview, seeing how uncomfortable he is being interviewed instead of being the interviewer

If I remember correctly Nick Crompton comes into the end of this and he turns the whole thing on him and his team ten exit.

Shane is super uncomfortable, he was hilarious during the jumper 22 podcast when foseytube was going mad saying. His face was just everything.

Shane rarely does things unless he has full control over it, it's why he doesn't do YouTube rewind.

I think this documentary might be a bit of a letdown, it's hyped so much that it's likely to just disappoint.

Reactions: 1
New trailer for Jake Paul show - it's going to be 8 parts! I'm pretty excited about this. Shane is one of a few to get notifications turned on!

Tuesday night it's coming, hope it's not West coast night time

Reactions: 3
I’m so interested to see how this comes across, I’m not a fan of Jake Paul but nobody can deny he’s a machine when it comes to business and making money, I can see Shane having a huge amount of respect for him. I’ve never seen these two talk about each other but after watching Shane with tana after tanacon I hate that he really can make anyone look “good” despite the fact they’re really little ass holes (Tana, I’m talking to you)
I would like to see Shane as the subject of a documentary more than the one behind the questions, the no jumper podcast was hilarious but for the wrong reasons, I wonder will he ever go back and do it again.
To be honest I want so badly for him to keep away from tana and Adam. He’s too good for them.

8pm UK time tonight for part 1!

It's difficult to tell what Shane really thinks of him. Shane does merch and brand deals and is probably very impressed at how Jake does way more of all of those.

The tana friendship I find still find strange, but she still came across as an a hole and he came across as a genuine friend.

I do hope there's been a secret camera used for this
Untitled.jpg

It's live! Part one is 40 minutes and has had 500k views in the first 25 mins of going live. Wow! Will be back after watching

First 90 seconds is an ad for that coupon extension that loads of YouTubers are plugging, Shane is making some serious coin. With 4 ad breaks also.

Part one was basically just chatting to inapper (the guy that did the biggist why zoellas channel died videos). Nothing new just background stuff and I didn't learn or see anything new but guess it has to be done.

They did paint him out to be caring and worried about Shane doing this would damage Shane's brand.

He's said he doesn't want to give the tana treatment to Jake.

They were saying Jake Paul was normal but then tried keeping up with his brother, interesting.

Part 2 looks to be just interviewing a phycologist. By part 4 or 5 he might actually meet Jake and it starts to get good.

Last edited:
I'm remaining optimistic, I agree we didn't really learn anything new. Hoping he won't milk it too much (lol) and that we don't have to wait 4 episodes in to actually meet him. I don't really give a duck about the psychologist and what a sociopath is so hope it's not gonna take up the whole next ep.

This was a hell of a lot of padding, I respect him enough to keep watching and hope it goes a bit deeper, the views were insane and in the first few hours alone! He’s set himself up for a lot of criticism if he goes too soft on him, people want the truth from Shane not a network style kiss ass piece, he’s getting the recognition and sponsorship all channels fight to receive but I hope it’s not at the cost of content.

I’m being pessimistic and I hope I’m gonna be proven wrong, I don’t actually WANT him to rip him apart at all, but I want the truth behind team ten, why Nick Crompton left, what happened with the twins and Alissa and Erica etc.
It’s very high school drama but it’s high school drama with millions on the line. I’m glad we have this chat here to trash it out as it continues!!

That was crap, I'm not sure if I believe Shane had no idea about any of this - think he was pretending to be niave. He contacted him to do it! This is gonna be long and drawn out. When is part two coming?

I'm disappointment how they're throwing the term "sociopath" around. what he's describing is more like a psychopath and that's something different. also they kinda suggest sociopath is crime (at least the most of the comment section just know the term from serial killer videos...) and not a mental disorder.

I'm going to watch the whole series but I'm not sure about it yet

I'm disappointment how they're throwing the term "sociopath" around. what he's describing is more like a psychopath and that's something different. also they kinda suggest sociopath is crime (at least the most of the comment section just know the term from serial killer videos...) and not a mental disorder.

I'm going to watch the whole series but I'm not sure about it yet
I was uncomfortable with the topic of this whole series being about sociopaths. I don't even think that's a main characteristic of Jake. Agree he's got more psychopathic behaviour than sociopathic.

I'm not sure what Jake is but he seems to be obsessed with money and becoming the first social media billionaire and doesn't care about hurting or exploting people in order to get there. Saying that it does sound sociopathic.

I don't know, I see him as a con man who clears his conscience by thinking if it isn't him then someone else will exploit these people so might as well be him.

Next episode is out Thursday night.

Last edited:
Anyone else really liking his content now? I did used to like him years ago, but got so boring when all he was doing every day was spray painting junk food or breaking something. He got stuck in trying to release a new video every single day even if it was trash.

Now he.s doing a long well thought out video every couple of weeks and it's working really well for him. Views and subs are staying high.

The tana con video was well done, if not a bit biased but that's totally understandable as they are friends so would be next to impossible to be totally impartial.

Just been watching the GRAV3YARDGIRL 3 part video and really enjoyed it

I don't like these because I'm sure that he will only be putting them in a over all positive light.

New trailer for Jake Paul show - it's going to be 8 parts! I'm pretty excited about this. Shane is one of a few to get notifications turned on!

Tuesday night it's coming, hope it's not West coast night time

8 parts is too many.

Not really much to say on part 2, was exactly what I expected just chatting to a therapist. Nothing new and still setting the stage.

I think my guess of no meeting Jake until at least part 4 is going to be accurate.

Next part seems to be reacting to clips of his family that we've all seen. Hopefully he did spend a fair amount of time with Jake and not just one afternoon. All feels like promo up to now.

Not really much to say on part 2, was exactly what I expected just chatting to a therapist. Nothing new and still setting the stage.

I think my guess of no meeting Jake until at least part 4 is going to be accurate.

Next part seems to be reacting to clips of his family that we've all seen. Hopefully he did spend a fair amount of time with Jake and not just one afternoon. All feels like promo up to now.
It was boring.