Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Shane Dawson and find myself laughing away at the tv ??

The series could do to be released quicker though

Reactions: 3
I love Shane Dawson and find myself laughing away at the tv ??

The series could do to be released quicker though
I like Shane too. But I had a feeling that it would make jake Paul look really good. You’re right it was painfully slow of this series. I’m just wondering if Shane will go back to doing comedy sketches or more conspiracies theories.

Reactions: 2
I'm wondering about the same thing. Will he go back to his usual content ever again or continue (just) doing these documentary style videos? I can imagine how much he must be under pressure because of the expectations regarding his channel and videos. he got an extreeeeme hype through these videos and grew his fanbase aaall over the world with it and I also think he's a bit insecure about his content anyway. how will he continue after jake paul?
even in his lasts documentary series (graveyardgirl, jeffree star and jake paul) you can see pattern: visiting a controversial youtube star. watching and praising the american dream in form of ther mansions, mass consumption, cars and gucci stuff, making jokes about how insane this is (and come on shane is by far not poor himself) then talk about their jobs and content, adressing rumours or controversial stuff aaand the finale: showing that they are human too. they worked "very hard" to afford these things and they have insecureties and problems too. the end. I love Shane but this pattern gets boring and after some thoughts I also think it's kinda problematic at times.
As much as I enjoyed the conspiracy theories I think it's kinda over too. I'd like to see some more personal stuff about him, his family (his series about meeting his father I found brilliant and very personal for example) and friends. I like the funny dynamic between Garrett, Morgan and Andrew and I'd like to see more creative and new video ideas.

Reactions: 1
1h 45m! I don't have time for that.

Just glad it's over and hopefully Shane will learn from this mess

Had to watch it on 1.5 speed. Honestly not much to it, just like an amateur theropy session over jake is upset that his brother fucked who he considered to be his girl. I don't think alissa is blameless, but I do think they saw her as a tool to use in their petty competitions. I bet Jake is more annoyed that he brother won that round rather than because he hooked up with his on/off gf. He was hooking up with other girls anyhow. It's all so petty and childish.

Really unbalanced from Shane trying to push this redemption narrative. He shouldn't do shows like this again.

Shane is now taking a few months off?! I get it would have been busy the last few weeks in a small team putting this out. But all it was is a few interviews from rough single camera unmiked footage sliced together, then OTT sounds and library video clips added. It was rough and ready easily shot stuff filled with padder, a normal person could of shot and edited this all alongside full time work. Sure take a week off but months?!

I like Shane too. But I had a feeling that it would make jake Paul look really good. You’re right it was painfully slow of this series. I’m just wondering if Shane will go back to doing comedy sketches or more conspiracies theories.
I think the less serious stuff is better for him ?

I like Shane, I still like Shane, I’ve never not liked Shane so this isn’t a criticism of him as a YouTuber. But god almighty was that series a joke.
A painfully long joke.
If I’m watching the news and there’s a story about a major accident, I don’t want to see Ellen pop up on screen joking around and looking for the positives in the situation.
It wouldn’t work, her content is completely different.
In the same way I don’t want to see Shane do ANY kind of documentary. None anymore.
As PR content this was brilliant for Jake Paul, it was always going to be, Shane said himself half way through that 1.45 min “I told you I’ve always had a soft spot for you” he said towards the end “I’ve always viewed you as..”
he went into this with a preconceived idea about jake and made a documentary that proves his preconceived idea ??‍♀
Nothing else, facts were made to fit that context.
I’m actually more angry at the reaction to the series than anything else. He shouldn’t be getting praise for this it was messy from the very start.
I’m sure il be back with more rants ?
But for now these are my thoughts.

Reactions: 5
Yeah he really needs to stick to light hearted entertainment.

The last episode is what the first one should have been!

I like Shane, I still like Shane, I’ve never not liked Shane so this isn’t a criticism of him as a YouTuber. But god almighty was that series a joke.
A painfully long joke.
If I’m watching the news and there’s a story about a major accident, I don’t want to see Ellen pop up on screen joking around and looking for the positives in the situation.
It wouldn’t work, her content is completely different.
In the same way I don’t want to see Shane do ANY kind of documentary. None anymore.
As PR content this was brilliant for Jake Paul, it was always going to be, Shane said himself half way through that 1.45 min “I told you I’ve always had a soft spot for you” he said towards the end “I’ve always viewed you as..”
he went into this with a preconceived idea about jake and made a documentary that proves his preconceived idea ??‍♀
Nothing else, facts were made to fit that context.
I’m actually more angry at the reaction to the series than anything else. He shouldn’t be getting praise for this it was messy from the very start.
I’m sure il be back with more rants ?
But for now these are my thoughts.
I like your rants though ?

X post @Oohthedrama , I totally agree. I have no idea why it was so well received by so many. It was terrible as far as I'm concerned.

I’M BACK WITH ONE POSITIVE BEFORE I CONTINUE MY DRAGGING OF SHANE DAWSON DOES HIS BEST IMPRESSION OF OPRAH meets BARNEY meets LOUIS THEROUX

i liked the song he used in the series/upload ?

The funny part is that when Shane announced it he got so much hate, people were almost uniformly saying you cannot make me like Jake Paul so don't even try! Shane responded with that's not his intention he will keep it real, and he does exactly the opposite and everyone seems to fall for it! Staggering to say the least. I bet there are still a ton of people though that see through the propaganda and are silently seething, this kind of thing can make people turn against Jake even more than before, once they realize they've been duped and shane and he are in each other's pocket.

On another note, I hate how the guys are always banging on about Alissa and Logan, when I watched her vlogs back in the day and she would look so hurt and put the radio on louder just so she couldn't hear jake banging a fan upstairs, and she endured that a lot so ... yeah revenge is sweet i guess. Jake is a horrible human being and deserves zero sympathy in my book, karma got him good with Alissa and Logan, I understand why Alissa did it but Logan is still a scumbag lol

Last edited:

I'm quite enjoying this, never seen a video like that from the Hollywood reporter. Does he have a flat in central la and a house in the hills?

I enjoyed it too! That's his 'office' where he films his conspiracy videos, Morgan is currently living there. But I think they've been staying there too cause I read somewhere that he has rats in his other house. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3