Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, second ep draaaaagged. Shane's over-dramatics annoyed me and didn't think it was v. professional of the psychologist to call sociopaths creepy, etc.

It's a shame, I really loved the Jeffree Star series. Hopefully it'll pick up at some point.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, second ep draaaaagged. Shane's over-dramatics annoyed me and didn't think it was v. professional of the psychologist to call sociopaths creepy, etc.

It's a shame, I really loved the Jeffree Star series. Hopefully it'll pick up at some point.
I’m just trying to figure out why eight damn parts. I think he should release a new episode each day instead of two espiodes per week. Let’s get this show on the road.

Reactions: 2
He's made a mistake with this, should have done a socialpathic show and a Jake show separately.

Many will get bored before he even meets Jake. I skipped to the end saw he didn't meet anyone but a low rent YouTube person and didn't bother watching much of it. I know what a socialpath is and don't need to see Shane's amateur dramatics.

Here's an update.
Part 3 on Mon, Part 4 on Wed,and Part 5 on Fri- We will make Jake Paul in part 5.

I'm glad he's adressing the concerns as I think he just didn't noticed that before. But I'm honestly thinking he's miking it with stretching the releases so much apart. I love Shanes content normally but by now he's very much aware of his hype and everyone waiting, promoting and for sure clicking on his content. Tana herself said in some clips of his Tanacon videos something like "yeah the people LOVE to wait so they want to get in [or in Shane's case view] so desperately!" I feel a lil bit exploited

I don't believe him, he's milking this for all he can. The first two episodes should have been a few minutes.

Not sure I'm that bothered about watching any more, will just see some recaps. He's tricked me twice.

Reactions: 3
JP has said in his response video that he and Shane are friends now, he also let slip that stuff about his ex fake gf is coming later in the series, which suggests to me that he’s seen it. I fear this may turn out to be another tanacon.

I liked the discussion with the therapist, but the editing and over dramatising of the subject was annoying. I don’t think what he did was that irresponsible and I think the backlash he’s getting for just talking about this stuff is over the top and people are being overly sensitive about him speculating on mental illness. I’m not a fan of Shane and hardly ever watch his stuff, but I think him speculating about JP or LPs mental health is interesting and he’s only saying what everyone else is thinking but is too afraid say, for fear of offending people. And the Paul’s are one very fucked up family and I’m curious to see what kind of explanations could be made for their behaviour.

I think JP is more like an abusive toxic narcissist who’s desperately trying to be like his brother, whereas Logan could be the real sociopath here, be it a more charming and charismatic one, or at least have sociopathic tendencies. It’s very fucked up to film a dead body the way he did and be so unaffected by it, he seemed almost fascinated by it.

Unfortunately I think JP wants a change of image and he and Shane have struck a deal to try and redeem him or his image and that’s why he’s agreed to have Shane try and fix him :sick:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I called it right with no Jake until episode 5!

It's going to be a disappointment I think, he's trying to shoehorn in this sociopaths narrative and he should know better than doing this overdramatic stuff.

I saw this reply by Shane on a critical video
PSX_20180930_091211.jpg

He says it won't be another tanacon but he did also say he wasn't milking it, I'm still going to watch it and really hope they tighten it all up.

Reactions: 4
As someone who has been told they have a personality disorder (not been diagnosed what type yet) I found part 2 very interesting but I found the dramatic music and horror-esque clips a bit too much, it made me feel very anxious to be honest as I personally felt like he was portraying people with mental health disorders crazy when that is far from the truth. He also just gave ammunition for all his 12 year old stans to self diagnose people.

He's wayyy out of his depth with this and talking about mental health and making light entertainment of it.

Shane isn’t really a documentary maker, he’s not intelligent enough, he’s a drama queen who’s more into emotional manipulation than intelligent analysis. It’s not surprising that he would use a third rate therapist YTer like Kati, he’s all about helping out other YTrs to get more views. But I did enjoy his attempt at diagnosis of the Paul bros. If people are diagnosing themselves or others wrongly, then it’s up to them to do the research, it’s not hard there are much better psych channels out there than that Kati dumbass. I suppose at least he’s getting a conversation going about mental health, even if it’s a bad one. But ultimately I think this is an arranged PR exercise to make Jake look good and Logan look like the sociopath.

OH MY GOD.... ITS A MONDAY.
THERE WAS A MONDAY LAST WEEK... RIGHT BEFORE TUESDAY.
AND IT WAS 24 HOURS LONG.
IM SHOOK.

Shane Dawson Just going out of his way to make me hate him ?
So this is part 56 of an 83 part series right.

I find it very weird reading This.
He at least addressed the valid backlash he’s getting over trying to make this come across like a “horror/scary/creepy” story time.
Yet then goes on to do it again anyway.
I’m getting tired of this “I fell down this hole” “omg” “shook” “panic attack” tone he drags through all these uploads. I expected better but I’m only 5 min into part 3 and already frustrated. Riding it out anyway.

Attachments

Yel

Shane's not a documentary maker, but he's genuinely funny with good timing. This is a miss match for this show, but worked great with jeffree and bunni. Didn't help matters that the psychotherapist wasn't the most professional.

He's releasing them all at 8pm UK time.

Part 3 was the better than the other ones but was just really a reaction video to watching his parents odd videos and their disfunctional boundary's. Again nothing new and on other sites we've all discussed before how the mum obviously favours Logan. She has a respect for Jake, but Jake is always trying much harder to impress her and it never really works. It's not a suprise to anyone that a parents divorce affects children.

Logan saying "a socialpath is just more savage than everyone else", is he just jelous of all the attention Jake is getting and wants some himself? Probably for the best he declined to be interviewed, he's come across awfully in the Casey and GMA interviews.

My interest might fizzle out before Jake ever gets.

Philip De’Franco is talking about the backlash, I didn’t see his Instagram stories about it (Shane) over the weekend? First time I’ve heard of it but this was a good take on it.
He doesn’t attack him and is really balanced in the end.
He’s a friend of his so I suppose it’s yet another Tanacon take on controversy. No matter what, make your friends look ok ?

Logan saying "a socialpath is just more savage than everyone else", is he just jelous of all the attention Jake is getting and wants some himself?
thought of the exact same thing. what a sick worldview

Yel

Both Shane and the therapist did long IG / Snap videos over the weekend. The therapist came across as quite defensive and was saying shes blocking people, wasn't doing herself any favours.

I think Felix has had the best response to this

Reactions: 1
At least Shane (kinda) apologised but the therapist handled (also in her video on the "hate") very badly. She's acting very defensive and kinda immature imo and this is very very disappointing in her "professional" position.