Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I don't believe him, it's just to whip up more hype. He promised that part 3 would explain it all why he's milking it, of course it didn't. And I love Shane as a creator, but this "Jake Paul" show just isn't really working. Think he's really underestimating how much people are unimpressed with it, saying just a few are disappointed on snap.

I'll have it on in the background again. Not even sure what tonights is, might of switched off before the teaser in the last one. Maybe it's 40 mins of talking to Nick?

Reactions: 2
Totally agree. Not only am I disappointed in (as I said in various contexts on here) how he handled the diagnosing-mental-illnesses and the inappropiate dramatic-editing, I also think it's dislikeable that you can tell how he plays with his marketing strategies. I like Shane as a person so so much, but this series shows that he is not just the boy-next-door who's just filming some vlogs and has no idea. His behaviour is so staged and acted and the way he merchandises his vlogs. teasers, overdramatic embedding, teasing everybody on twitter on purpose, acting, stretching the series over maybe a month, promising things that won't happen and putting Jake only in the last part.

until now it was
Part 1 - introducting the series, talking with this commentary vlogger about what happened in Jake's life/Team Ten
Part 2 - sociopaths sociopaths creepy creepy sociopaths psychologist youtuber eww eww sociopaths it's disgusting ew
Part 3 - watching Jakes first vlog, draw my life, Jakes (sick sick) father and (embarassing) mother, logan has sociopathic tendencies

Part 4 will be talking to Nick Crompton

somewhere he talks to Erika (Jake's girlfriend at the moment)
will he talk to Alissa (his ex who hates him now and slept with his brother), Logan, some others who were in Team Ten and are not anymore?

Part 5 - ?
Part 6 - ?
Part 7 - ?
Part 8 - finally Jake

Shane is coming off as a bit of a sociopath with all his fake playing up for attention and advertising a mental health app despite make a fortune just from the ads. It's not a real documentary, is a budget one on a shoestring with just his friend holding the camera.

Yel

Unsurprisingly part four had no tea spilt. Nothing new (again) and didn't even show the set up for the conversation for when nick replied "no I'm not suggesting a hidden camera" despite the amount of times he's teased that clip.

Loads of stuff building "the Redemption Jake Paul" narrative. Looks like all he ever did for this was visit him for one day.

This should have been a one part episode.

Reactions: 4
Unsurprisingly part four had no tea spilt. Nothing new (again) and didn't even show the set up for the conversation for when nick replied "no I'm not suggesting a hidden camera" despite the amount of times he's teased that clip.

Loads of stuff building "the Redemption Jake Paul" narrative. Looks like all he ever did for this was visit him for one day.

This should have been a one part episode.
But Shane has talked to Nick before.

and wow the next part comes on monday ~
Part 5 & 6 Coming Monday & Wednesday We wanted to release part 5 tomorrow but we underestimated how much footage we had and we wanna make sure it’s perfect!

I'll still watch but its just being dragged out a little.

Reactions: 1
Part 5 & 6 Coming Monday & Wednesday We wanted to release part 5 tomorrow but we underestimated how much footage we had and we wanna make sure it’s perfect!

I'll still watch but its just being dragged out a little.
I'm beginning to think that it's been dragged out due to Shane being slow to edit.

I'm beginning to think that it's been dragged out due to Shane being slow to edit.
I completely agree but personally I think he should of thought... my channel, my content. Roll with it...

Hes going from people pleasing, to sod you all, to people pleasing again. I'm sure he was happy and proud of his series when he put the first one out so I don't understand the changes.

I love that the better help app advert has sparked up a conversation though.

I completely agree but personally I think he should of thought... my channel, my content. Roll with it...

Hes going from people pleasing, to sod you all, to people pleasing again. I'm sure he was happy and proud of his series when he put the first one out so I don't understand the changes.

I love that the better help app advert has sparked up a conversation though.
I don't why he changed it.
Oh I heard that Kati may be part owner of Better Help, I'm not sure.

Yel

Oh that's annoying was looking forward to Jake finally being in it.

Gosh if Kati was gaining from that app that would be very shady. I don't think Shane would be silly enough to fall into that trap

Yel

Thanks @moimoi that's all the tea ?☕! Katie has been promoting better health since 2013 when it was set up, shes released a book that seems to be copy of others and DeFranco is going to the better health offices (where none of the councillors actually ever go!) to stand up for the company :cautious:

Totally agree with Keemstar on this, they knew it was dodgy if they were getting $200 for everyone that signed up. Finally, Defranco is being seen for the con he is.

Worth 20 million but yet sets up a patreon to get money to re launch his show after it made a fortune selling his last company. Why risk your own fortune if you can hoodwink people into paying for it?

Reactions: 3
Ok, so that was better than the other eps and what we'd been waiting for, more in the vein of his videos with Jeffree, Tana, etc. I still hate that Kati witch though, the whole therapist undercover thing is just unnecessary.