Shamima Begum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think people have a warped perception of what would happen if she returns. She’d live a normal-ish life and would be monitored by intelligence (like hundreds of others).

She’s not going to be unmasked on the Masked Singer, go into the jungle or join Loose Women as a panellist.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think people have a warped perception of what would happen if she returns. She’d live a normal-ish life and would be monitored by intelligence (like hundreds of others).

She’s not going to be unmasked on the Masked Singer, go into the jungle or join Loose Women as a panellist.
Othedrs have been monitored didnt stop concerts with kids in them being blown up - she should stay where she is - or you could let her live with you and yours if you feel she is so safe and just a misunderstood kid

Reactions: 2

Well whatever intelligence they have on her, the Government doesn't believe she'd live a normal-ish life at all. Which is why she's not coming back.

Reactions: 6
Well whatever intelligence they have on her, the Government doesn't believe she'd live a normal-ish life at all. Which is why she's not coming back.
That isn't why she's not coming back. It's literally only because they can revoke her citizenship and it's a crowd pleaser.
If they had any credible evidence of her committing acts of terrorism they'd lock her up.

Reactions: 6
That isn't why she's not coming back. It's literally only because they can revoke her citizenship and it's a crowd pleaser.
If they had any credible evidence of her committing acts of terrorism they'd lock her up.
Sajid said they know things they're not releasing to the public which is why she's not coming back.

Reactions: 4
What if her mission is recruitment officer, they don’t carry out the acts it’s others do that for them , you can only be charged with a crime if they have proof you committed one.

Reactions: 3
Sajid said they know things they're not releasing to the public which is why she's not coming back.

Source: trust me fam
---
What if her mission is recruitment officer, they don’t carry out the acts it’s others do that for them , you can only be charged with a crime if they have proof you committed one.
They can easily prove recruitment though? They know Asqa Mahmood recruited Sharmeena, who played a part in recruiting Shamima.

My source is a basic understanding of the criminal justice system which requires actual evidence of wrongdoing.
It's her risk they assessed, not any wrongdoing. As has been said before, there wouldn't be much to charge her with here as everything happened in Syria.

It's her risk they assessed, not any wrongdoing. As has been said before, there wouldn't be much to charge her with here as everything happened in Syria.
What do you think they would have done with her if she didn't have a claim to a second nationality?
Oh and it's been said a few times on this thread that the Terrorism Act covers things that happen overseas. They absolutely could charge her if they had sufficient evidence.

Reactions: 5
Source: trust me fam
---

They can easily prove recruitment though? They know Asqa Mahmood recruited Sharmeena, who played a part in recruiting Shamima.
Not without evidence, that’s why terror groups continue to grow. How many have faced charges on suspicion to incite? Not many imo ,the next in line just takes over and Intel know it.

Reactions: 1
from 2016:
“Jailing her for four years for her Isis membership and two years for encouraging acts of terror in messages she sent via social media, the judge said she would be entitled to release on licence after the halfway point.”

Interestingly the news stories from recently seem favourable to her despite the fact that the judge says she lied repeatedly in court and to police

from 2016:
“Jailing her for four years for her Isis membership and two years for encouraging acts of terror in messages she sent via social media, the judge said she would be entitled to release on licence after the halfway point.”

Interestingly the news stories from recently seem favourable to her despite the fact that the judge says she lied repeatedly in court and to police
Was there a documentary about this one a couple of years ago? I feel like I've seen her interviewed.

BBC News - Tareena Shakil: IS mother 'regrets everything' about Syria journey

Quite unbelievable, I wonder what she is doing now?

ETA found another article about her from the Independent, she was released in the summer of 2018 having served less than half of the sentence.

Last edited:
from 2016:

Does that not count as evidence? Begum maintains she was only a housewife.

He has a legal background so it makes sense that he would be concerned about the way the decision was originally made. It’s been criticised by some on legal Twitter on the same grounds - the Home Secretary at the time announced it to the press before actually doing it or something along those lines
He made the original comments very soon after the initial decision to deprive Shamima Begum of her citizenship and his reasoning was that the Home Secretary should have taken account of the fact that she had a new born baby. He also talked about the legal options to deal with her if she returned to the UK. Clearly the situation and his understanding of it has changed since then. Whether that's enough to justify his opinion that she shouldn't be allowed to return only he knows.

Quite unbelievable, I wonder what she is doing now?
From 7th Feb - I assume this year because otherwise it would say?
Now released from prison [also says she went through a de-radicalisation programme], she joins us in the studio as she reveals her plans to travel once again to Syria to help notorious former convert Shamima Begum.
---
Does that not count as evidence? Begum maintains she was only a housewife.
I don't think it matters what Begum did or did not do for ISIS if they can potentially arrest her simply for joining ISIS

I do recommend reading The Guardian article as it pulls quotes from the judgement and explains the reasoning and the lies

The funny thing is, I bet a lot of those people would watch her on IACGMOOH and vote for her to do every trial! 😂😂
---
From 7th Feb - I assume this year because otherwise it would say?

---

I don't think it matters what Begum did or did not do for ISIS if they can potentially arrest her simply for joining ISIS
I edited above, she was released in summer of 2018!!

The funny thing is, I bet a lot of those people would watch her on IACGMOOH and vote for her to do every trial! 😂😂
---

I edited above, she was released in summer of 2018!!
An order of the court made under section 47 of the Counter Terrorism Act means that, as a convicted terrorist, Shakil must notify police of her personal details including her home address for 15 years after her release.
(from The Guardian article)

Surely there's some sort of restrictions on where she can travel as otherwise it seems a bit silly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.