Shamima Begum

Should the IS bride be allowed back?

• No

Votes: 818 81.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 182 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting this as sky news have disabled the comments.

She was ok with beheadings and doesn't regret going there, but once it all went to tit now she wants to come back.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
She was ok with people being executed. The only thing she deserves is execution. Unfortunately our law doesn't permit her to be executed here so the most we can do is deny her a return.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Send her baby back here and leave her to rot. She made her choice, shows no remorse and I don’t want to pay for her coming back.

Poor baby should be given an opportunity to thrive unlike her other two children

Reactions: 20
She’s got some brass neck; not sure how one can simultaneously hate a nation to the point of wanting it’s destruction and yet demand to take every privilege it affords when things get rough in Syria.

But it is kind of a moot point, regardless of what we want she’s a British citizen so expect her back here soon.

Reactions: 13
Its scary because how do we know she is sincere? She might want to come back to execute another attack on us.

I'm sorry but she's made her bed and now she needs to lie in it.

Reactions: 16
"they don't have any proof that I did anything dangerous" and saying she had fun out there. It's jawdroping and sounds all very real. It's all LBC has been talking about today!

She'll sasly be back soon and will cost a fortune for taxpayers.

This huge media attention I think is just feeding the ghastly cause. As they always say an idea is dangerous now that's all Isis is and not a place.

Reactions: 6
She shouldn’t be allowed back.

She’s been radicalised. She’s been out is Syria for years. She’s a threat to the UK now, let alone if she is on home soil.

She has said she only wants to come back to the UK for the free healthcare. She’s got some cheek!

She’s a criminal. A known member of a terrorist organisation. Why on earth would we even entertain allowing her back in?!

It’s ridiculous!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I feel conflicted tbh because hearing what she said about seeing beheadings etc and not being phased by it is seriously worrying. I get that people become desensitised after a while but bloody hell. Thats the worrying part as you just don't know...if she's already desensitised who knows what she could do?

On the other hand, I also see the point of people fighting for her to be able to return - that she was groomed as a teenager by someone much older. I mean she's only what, 19 now? but has already had 3 kids by this man.

What bothers me though is why was she able to go out there in the first place? Why did her parents or other family members not think no way is my 15 year old daughter going off and marrying this man?

Its completely unrelated but I remember watching an episode of True Crime Daily where a 29 year old Egyptian man married a 14/15 year old American woman. He was incredibly abusive after a while (had gone from telling her family 'I'll take care of her/you, I have a lot of money etc), had multiple affairs, and ended up being abusive to their daughters too and would often have them take pics with guns etc, or take pics with the wife forcing her to have a knife to her throat. In the end he murdered their daughters. Who's to say this woman's husband wouldn't follow her to the UK if she did come back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I feel conflicted tbh because hearing what she said about seeing beheadings etc and not being phased by it is seriously worrying. I get that people become desensitised after a while but bloody hell. Thats the worrying part as you just don't know...if she's already desensitised who knows what she could do?

On the other hand, I also see the point of people fighting for her to be able to return - that she was groomed as a teenager by someone much older. I mean she's only what, 19 now? but has already had 3 kids by this man.

What bothers me though is why was she able to go out there in the first place? Why did her parents or other family members not think no way is my 15 year old daughter going off and marrying this man?

Its completely unrelated but I remember watching an episode of True Crime Daily where a 29 year old Egyptian man married a 14/15 year old American woman. He was incredibly abusive after a while (had gone from telling her family 'I'll take care of her/you, I have a lot of money etc), had multiple affairs, and ended up being abusive to their daughters too and would often have them take pics with guns etc, or take pics with the wife forcing her to have a knife to her throat. In the end he murdered their daughters. Who's to say this woman's husband wouldn't follow her to the UK if she did come back?
I believe she travelled using her sister’s passport without her family’s knowledge. They have tried over the years to persuade her to return...to no avail. The husband is from a middle class Dutch family, he travelled to fight, as far as I can gather.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So, her family think she is a victim, the government should be helping her to travel back to the UK, and they will bring her baby up, oh and they've hired a solicitor who has just gone on nationwide TV to tell the public how we should all feel about her (sympathetic) and compared her to a world war 1 soldier

What planet do these people live on? Unfortunately, its likely this treasonous snake will eventually be issued with a UK passport, but if her family think she will go unpunished and they can all live happily ever after bringing up a jihadists baby, I sincerely hope they aren't wasting the publics money lining the pockets of their absolute toss pot of a solictor

Reactions: 4
So, her family think she is a victim, the government should be helping her to travel back to the UK, and they will bring her baby up, oh and they've hired a solicitor who has just gone on nationwide TV to tell the public how we should all feel about her (sympathetic) and compared her to a world war 1 soldier

What planet do these people live on? Unfortunately, its likely this treasonous snake will eventually be issued with a UK passport, but if her family think she will go unpunished and they can all live happily ever after bringing up a jihadists baby, I sincerely hope they aren't wasting the publics money lining the pockets of their absolute toss pot of a solictor
I am a British Muslim female with South Asian heritage. Being British, no matter what your ethnic background, affords you Privileges/rights that are not a given for much of the world. Owning a UK passport is not just a right due to birth, it is a promise to abide by set requirements, it is pride and a promise to respect being British.
I do not feel sympathetic. As, if there was not the ‘tugging at heartstrings’ and this had been a White,male, Muslim revert (like my husband) the reaction of many would be different...yet that ideology is the same. I am shocked at the comparison to a WWI soldier. This was the opposite of loyalty to ones country/patriotism or national service/conscription.
Not impressed with that solicitor.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Reality is I think she will come back
Tell you something else. The families of these 3 all blamed plod for not stopping their daughters
Some senior deluded plod went and apologised - look it up
Then it came out. One of the fathers had taken part in an anti Britsh demo in London and there was some flag burning
Why the duck plod didn't carefully check the families backgrounds earlier baffled me
Plod looked stupid

Plod and politicians are becoming very irrelevant to certain sections of society and some of those sections are not afraid to deal with things themselves. This should really worry people its not empty rantings

Reactions: 3
Reality is I think she will come back
Tell you something else. The families of these 3 all blamed plod for not stopping their daughters
Some senior deluded plod went and apologised - look it up
Then it came out. One of the fathers had taken part in an anti Britsh demo in London and there was some flag burning
Why the duck plod didn't carefully check the families backgrounds earlier baffled me
Plod looked stupid

Plod and politicians are becoming very irrelevant to certain sections of society and some of those sections are not afraid to deal with things themselves. This should really worry people its not empty rantings
This is what gets me - some people saying that Begum’s son should be given to the grandparents.

Like they’ve got a good track record where keeping their kids away from radicalisation?!?! ?

Reactions: 17
Good! Hope she and the hundreds of others get stuck in the situation they put themselves in.

Reactions: 1
YES YES YES PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

IS teen to lose UK citizenship

If this is true then personally I will for the first time in ages actually be proud of whichever politicians made this happen
As she has dual nationality, British and Bangladeshi, she would not therefore be stateless if refused entry back to Britain. I would have thought the solicitor would have mentioned that in all the time he spent insisting on what the law actually states. As I said earlier, having a passport, in my opinion n, should never be an automatic given...you forfeit your rights when you pledge dual allegiance.

Reactions: 2
If this was a boy/man, there would be no questions about whether they were let back. She cut ties with the UK and pledged allegiances with people who have attacked and killed our citizens. To me, that is treason.

I would be concerned that her lawyer has seemingly glossed over her being a dual national. That law 101.

Reactions: 7
If this was a boy/man, there would be no questions about whether they were let back. She cut ties with the UK and pledged allegiances with people who have attacked and killed our citizens. To me, that is treason.

I would be concerned that her lawyer has seemingly glossed over her being a dual national. That law 101.
Apparently she does not have dual nationality, it is due to her dual heritage. Her mother has Bangladeshi nationality...the girl herself has never been to Bangladesh and does not have a Bangladeshi passport. Then again she had never been to Syria and managed to survive there.

I have a strong feeling there will be more pleas for sympathy now as she has nothing to do with Bangladesh...I hope it is not a case of ‘Well we tried but legally she has a right to return’.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.