Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ginger drink

Chatty Member
Why is she even getting publicity? At this rate, she will be on Love Island next.
If she has done nothing wrong then why is she begging for forgiveness.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

What's your point

VIP Member
I saw this on Instagram, what do you guys think?
I think 🖕.

Maybe there is some truth to her being groomed but national security has to come first.

She didn't have a gun to her head forcing her on to a plane. She could have told teachers, police, neighbours and asked for help but she chose to marry a Jihadi and then come crying back when her new life turned out to be 💩.

And yes I think her father needs to face some consequences.

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
The bitch said she was okay with beheadings because she believed by Islam it was allowed. ISIS destroyed people all over the map, destroyed cultural heritage, absolutely terrorised people out of their homes and countries and caused a chain reaction of shitshow in places more than I care to count. They gave a voice to these shitstains and power. I don't think the grooming excuse is valid at this point. She's no longer a child, she seemed not a bit remorseful or horrified by the things she has witnessed and/or actively supported. The only reason she's desperate to go back is because the shoe is on the other foot now and somehow being in a (probably) hellhole prison in Middle East and not being one of the Big Scary Guys is no longer fun. I have absolutely zero affection for anyone who has supported any of this, at any point in their lives. I hope she isn't pardoned or allowed back into the UK or any other country than she is currently in. From me, personally, she gets no sympathy card.

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
This is a populist agenda setting dangerous precedent.

Removal of citizenship from a UK born citizen is very troubling regardless of circumstance. Especially when done without any trial.

I’d be fine if she faced life in jail. Removing her citizenship and forbidding entry sets a dangerous precedent. Whats next? What if some whacko gov gets in power and declares BLM or LGBT terrorist organization? Revokes all its members citizenships on a whim without any trial.

• Heart

Moth

VIP Member
They were on the police's radar. That's the bit that gets me. They never should have made it to Turkey. They were British children failed by the British police and trafficked across the Syrian border by a Canadian asset. The west is culpable.
The worst bit for me was the revelation that on 5th February 2015 the police revisited the school and gave Shamima and her two friends a letter (dated 2nd February) to give to their parents asking for permission to interview the girls. Unsurprisingly none of the girls passed their letters to their parents and they left the country on 17th February. Sheer incompetence.

Reactions: 12

Readread

VIP Member
She’s 21 now and openly says she wasn’t affected by seeing people beheaded, doesn’t regret joining ISIL, advocated the Manchester arena bombings. Nah, no place for her here IMO. Vile.

Emsie

VIP Member
Err, NO THANKS!

Couldn't give a toss if she stateless and her movements. Her problem, not ours As long as she is away from this country is good enough for me.

I for one do not want to spend a lifetime contributing towards the costs of keeping her here. We have enough spongers as it is without adding another to the list.
If she's stateless we will have no idea where she is though and what she's up to.
I don't want my taxes paying for MP lunches, Jon Venables, and hs2 but we don't actually have the option of deciding so why everyone is pretending we do is beyond me.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I really don't understand why it is though or why so many people seem to be scared of her. What possible threat could she pose now?
You don’t think someone went to join a death cult, who didn’t have any reaction to seeing a severed human head (as he was an ‘enemy of islam’), who has shown no real remorse for her actions, might have the potential to be a national security threat? She herself said she only supports some British values, was inspired to join after watching beheading videos, tried to argue that the Manchester bombing was justified and thought that it was acceptable to murder and rape the Yazidi’s because ‘Shia do the same in Iraq'. The less we have of this type of person in the UK the better.

Last edited:
  • Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
There’s the debate that she has been groomed into this and is still stuck in that mindset. That’s literally what the whole argument with her has been about whether or not people agree or disagree

The first season focuses on a mother and her kids leaving for ISIS. The mothers argument (from memory, there may be some extra stuff) was basically that she didn’t know and then had no choice and had spent time imprisoned. The podcast explored that a bit and revealed some extra information that the mother hadn’t been as willing to share as well as exploring the validity of her claims that she was in detention
“Groomed”, “trafficked”, “unwitting”, “just another victim”. All highly emotive words and phrases designed specifically to minimise her personal responsibility for the decisions she made.

If she was “groomed online” then by definition she had access to the internet. And I’m sorry but she would have to be living under a rock, or be as thick as pigshit, to not know exactly ISIS were, and exactly what her role in the organisation would be. I spent twenty years sat in interview rooms listening to guilty as sin criminals of all shapes and sizes whining some sort of derivative of “I’m the REAL victim here”. Bullshit then and bullshit now.

A religious bigot who if history had worked out differently would now be quite happy in Raqqa raising her sons to hate you.

IngressUK

VIP Member
The right decision was made today by the Supreme Court.

Had she of come back, it would have cost taxpayers over £1 million a year to keep her. I'd rather that money was spent on more important things like Social Care, money towards pay rises for NHS workers, helping the less well off in society, or other more deserving causes.

Not wasted supporting one person who decided to run off and join ISIS and wants to come back.

IngressUK

VIP Member
But that one million isn't going to be spent on social care and NHS payrises is it. It's like the Brexit bus all over again. And maybe you would prefer it to be spent that way, but maybe I don't want my taxes spent on NHS payrises?! I don't know why people say this like we have any choice in how tax payer money is spent.
Well maybe I don't want my money funding legal cases for Shamima Begum, nor paying for her upkeep if she came back. Paying our hard working NHS staff a bit more, is a FAR MORE deserving cause than Shamima.

She is a great example of what is wrong with Legal Aid in the UK. A Non citizen, or no legal right to be here, you get access to it no questions asked. Legally live in the UK, you have to jump through many hoops to get it, if at all.

However, some people on this thread are more than happy for endless public money to be be continually wasted on this shyster - Whilst having the bloody cheek to bemoan about the state of public services on the other hand.

At the end of the day, any money wasted on Shamima Begum, her legal fees, etc, etc, etc, is money that could be better spent on other things in society.

Last edited:
  • Sad

IngressUK

VIP Member
I think she she should be allowed back. Radicalisation is very real. Yes we can look at it and say "she was 15 and she knew what she was doing" but would we say that to a 15 year old being groomed online.
If she is dangerous surely she is better off here where we know her movements rather than stateless, anywhere in the world.
Err, NO THANKS!

Couldn't give a toss if she stateless and her movements. Her problem, not ours As long as she is away from this country is good enough for me.

I for one do not want to spend a lifetime contributing towards the costs of keeping her here. We have enough spongers as it is without adding another to the list.

• Heart

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
She was a 15 year old school girl. There is masses there about her still being a child who was far too easily influenced by the wrong kind of people! And if she was taken over to the middle east as a jihadi bride, thats still a form of sex trafficking. Taken to a war zone to provide sex, even via marriage to soldiers.

How on earth did a london schoolgirl get into a position where she was able to be radicalised like this? This to me is the most scary part of the whole story.

I haven't seen her documentary, She is in an odd position isnt she. The life she went out there to lead, has been proven to be an illusion, she is left stranded and friendless in a Syrian prison, without any way back to her old life. She is probably being forced to play up for the cameras to play up for the journalists, to play up for anyone who shows her any interest. Not a great situation for a 23 year old!
They were on the police's radar. That's the bit that gets me. They never should have made it to Turkey. They were British children failed by the British police and trafficked across the Syrian border by a Canadian asset. The west is culpable.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Her case has just been denied and will not be allowed to return to the UK to face justice.

I'm a bit surprised to be honest, I thought she'd be back with a lot of restrictions.

• Wow
  • Heart

Notorious PIG

As much as I don’t care for this ungrateful traitor and wouldn’t bat an eyelid if she rots, I think the fairest and best thing for everyone’s safety - both the public’s and Shamima’s - is for her to be locked up indefinitely in a UK prison. And if she is genuine, she’d jump at the chance. Just a couple problems with that. 1. I doubt she’s genuine or remorseful anyway, and 2. Once back on British soil, she and her legal team and her sympathizers/fans/do-gooders will campaign non stop for her release.

It seems that the UK is responsible for her (not that she deserves it)…I could be wrong here but think she can only get Bangladeshi citizenship if she applies for it and realistically the Bangladeshi government can and would reject her application.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
This is a bit of a wild take. Terrorist attacks did cause a lot of anti-Muslim rhetoric which would naturally cause people to feel oppressed and excluded from society in some ways. It’s also not very nice when those views are being supported by tabloids and politicians

Take that, mix in a friend who has left and is telling you that this Muslim country is super accepting of you as a Muslim and those beheading videos/stories are not fake, and it’s not hard to see how radicalisation takes place. Also worth noting that the majority of ISIS propaganda was about how nice and accepting they were - I think the podcast mentioned that it’s a very small portion of propaganda that was violent but the public only heard about it because it grabbed headlines
2996 innocent people died on 9/11. And an additional 56 died on 7/7 and your take on that is that it caused “rhetoric” and “exclusion”? Anyone who does not recoil in absolute horror at these events? Well the least they deserve is “harsh rhetoric”.

“Sorry if a harsh editorial has hurt your feelings, but I just witnessed dozens of people fall from the top floor of the WTC so y’know I’m feeling a little oppressed too”.

Begum was not only not repulsed but she ran away to join a group that had very similar aims and methods. Can you tell me how this doesn’t make her a complete sociopath?

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
She is a risk. How can you ever be sure she has lost those ideals and would overcome what she did and saw? She can stay there.

monga

VIP Member
I think Javid was spot on when he said intelligence has shown what she’s capable of, I suspect those that are privy to it know this is the right decision…Some people are just born bad they don’t need excuses to do what they do, but put the onus on others.

Glortard

VIP Member
Leave her to rot there

Would cost millions in legal fees, security, monitoring and then benefits for her as let's face it she is not getting a job anytime soon if she came back