Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipgirl92

Chatty Member
I’m in the south east. It’s not optional, in England at least.

“From 1 July 2015 all schools, registered early years childcare providers, and registered later years childcare providers referred to in this advice as ‘childcare providers’) are subject to a duty under section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, in the exercise of their functions, to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. This duty is known as the Prevent duty.”
I’m south east and nothing in my city

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
I assumed her pay off was to keep her mouth shut about what went on, not that she was underage?
Why would you pay anyone off, if you hadn't done anything illegal though? I d imagine the pay off was to make the case go away, but wasnt the whole case built around Virginia being a sex victim of Epstein and sexually exploited when she was too naive to know any better? She didnt realise until she was older that she had been used as a sex victim by Prince Andrew?

Web30

VIP Member
And do they confirm the baby is/ was actually hers by blood and not just one lent/ borrowed/ bartered from some other woman ?
Sorry (not sorry) but these people lie lie and lie all the time.
This is so true! Has thier been any photos to show she was pregnant?

But there are all sorts of bad people walking among us. Whilst we’ve been discussing her hundreds more have been radicalised- who knows what they’ll do in a year or two? You can’t control bad people by refusing to let them back into their country of origin. Reality is we have lots of British bad people. That’s just life

to be honest Sb is probably here already, she was given permission to return to the U.K. and appeal her citizenship withdrawal back in July.

Django

VIP Member
It’s a thread about Shamima herself and it’s a hot topic so of course it’s going to be a top thread here.
I really don't understand why it is though or why so many people seem to be scared of her. What possible threat could she pose now?

NeverEnough

VIP Member
I’m watching BBC news coverage of this and I’m confused why it matters that a smuggler was used. Of course it was, that’s just common sense and I’m sure it’s been revealed already by anyone else who ran
Absolutely right. It doesn’t matter in the slightest. In order to get to Syria she had to use a smuggler. Syria is a warzone with a closed border. You don’t just land in Turkey and walk across the border singing “Holiday! Celebrate!”. But to use phrases like “smuggler”, “trafficked”, “groomed”, and “minor”, produces the purely emotional response that the woke hard of critical thinking want you to have. “Begum is the victim here, look at the poor abandoned BAME girl bigot”. (The real bigot of course is the monster who ran off to join an Islamic supremacist group).

There is definitely something odd happening here. This thread is bumped every few months every time she resurfaces. It’s almost like the media are trying to portray her as a tragic figure. Why? It might be something simple like Begum garners clicks. I don’t know, but it’s odd. What is the upcoming BBC podcast called? “I’m not a monster”? I wonder what the tone of that will be? (Looks at the title and ponders the mystery).

I liken this situation to Britney Griner in Russia. Who is as guilty as all hell by the way. There is a movement amongst left leaning media in the States demanding that the US government immediately intervene to swap her for a convicted Russian arms dealer nicknamed “The Merchant of Death”. Like the two are even remotely compatible. And it’s impossible to watch any of this without the words “black“, “lesbian”, and “gender pay gap”, being thrown around like confetti. As if this makes her any less guilty. Incidentally if you are wondering why WNBA players aren’t paid anywhere near what their male counterparts are compare the attendances and TV deals of the NBA and WNBA and there is your answer. If anyone wants her to get paid purchase a subscription. Simple as that. And even given the gap Griner is a millionaire. She chose to play in Russia (and China) for several years knowing full well how repressive the regimes are. I guess she didn’t care when she was drawing a cheque.

yeah at the height of ISIS I was actually contacted by a member of it via facebook! And I am white and have my religion (catholic) listed in my profile! I obviously didn't reply and reported the account to whatever government agency it was at the time. very bizarre
What did their message say? :confused:

Salted Caramel

Chatty Member
Interesting note from the podcast:

when she’s talking about marrying she says she wants unconditional love. Says that she felt that her friendships felt like they were on the condition of her liking ISIS (which I didn’t particularly like as it seems her pushing the blame on everyone else but whatever) and implies that it also felt conditional with her family. And no I’m not implying that her family are some undercover ISIS supporters, just likely that they didn’t have the best relationship as we discussed above
In her eyes, she didn't. In the doc she talks about how she felt her parents "oppressed" her. When she left she stood at the bus stop with her mother in silence.

Her sister was deeply upset when it was discovered she had left. Begum describes herself as "arrogant" and "wouldn't have listened" had anyone tried to dissuade her.

monga

VIP Member
They've revoked her citizenship. I'm not sure if keeping her at arms length protects us as much as having her in jail would
How long would her sentence be? Isn’t she only a terrorist by association? Real terrorists only do about 6 years out in 3 where I’m from.

emm

VIP Member
It’s called the return: life after ISIS

I watched it on sky. It’s about the camp where Shamima is and the women she’s there with
wow just saw a trailer, looks very interesting, if anyone knows anywhere except sky or now tv where i can watch it ;)

Merpedy

VIP Member
Who was the father of the children if he was imprisoned shortly after the marriage? He said he fought one battle for ISIS and only lived a normal life as a welder as it wasn’t how he imagined IS to be.
It does say 10 days into their marriage, plenty of time to have sex. He was also obviously released some time after? They then moved out of a shared house into their own place, Shamima got pregnant and at some point during that pregnancy they moved cities

The first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage

monga

VIP Member
As far as I understand and I admit to not following it in detail, her appeal last time was on the ability of the Government to effectively make her stateless by removing her British citizenship. She had other grounds of appeal but I believe they were stayed (put on hold), that stay has been lifted, and now the appeal on other grounds is to go ahead.

So theses aren't arguments that should or could have been put forward before.
Aw ok , I thought she wanted to return before I didn’t realise this was her first application .

monga

VIP Member
This sort of seems to misunderstand what the role of lawyers is in these sort of situations?

I’m not on Shamima’s in all of this but realistically it’s a human rights issue and every avenue should be explored - really it goes for any legal issue
Does the human rights issue only apply to her and not those she's classed as a danger to ? why wasn't the spy brought up in her previous hearings it's not a recent development ?

Last edited:

User name taken

VIP Member
I hope that she is kept out of the UK indefinitely , sometimes the government, secret services and media put out a different story ie keeping the plebs quiet and happy. I am putting my faith in it being the former.🤞