Shamima Begum #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t seem to be much news coverage, I only caught it because my phones on Google and it gives me news articles , maybe they’ll wait till the verdict as there doesn’t seem to be much to add to what we already know?
So much else going on I guess, I didn't see anything when I looked at the paper this morning

Reactions: 1
So much else going on I guess, I didn't see anything when I looked at the paper this morning
Like I say it was just a pop up, haven’t seen anything on the news channels as yet.

And for the lols

How many appeals is this terrorist going to be funded??? Probably many more until the answer is yes!
Has it been proven that she is actually a “terrorist”? She should be given her British citizenship back and be tried in a British court of law. If she is found guilty then she should be sentenced. She is our problem, not someone to be used as a political pawn to placate the gammons in our society. No one should be stateless. We were all born and raised somewhere. It is not for a politician to decide that you no longer belong where you were born and raised. Nor people on social media for that matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Has it been proven that she is actually a “terrorist”? She should be given her British citizenship back and be tried in a British court of law. If she is found guilty then she should be sentenced. She is our problem, not someone to be used as a political pawn to placate the gammons in our society. No one should be stateless. We were all born and raised somewhere. It is not for a politician to decide that you no longer belong where you were born and raised. Nor people on social media for that matter.
😴😴 why are you supporting a known terrorist? 🤔 enough imported ones stabbing innocent citizens all over Europe without more being brought here 🥴
If you want to make it your problem go ahead and campaign to get it a flat in tower Hamlets 😂

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
😴😴 why are you supporting a known terrorist? 🤔 enough imported ones stabbing innocent citizens all over Europe without more being brought here 🥴
If you want to make it your problem go ahead and campaign to get it a flat in tower Hamlets 😂
Where is the proof that she is a “known terrorist?” As you are so sure that she has been involved directly involved in terrorist activities you should not have a problem in providing it.
You also manage to completely ignore the issue about a British born person having their citizenship cancelled. How would you feel if you had your British citizenship cancelled despite not having been found guilty of anything in a court of law?
Actually don’t bother to answer, having seen your posts elsewhere you are clearly just on the wind up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It is hard to justify why she's being treated like this compared to some of the others, like that woman whose Instagram I linked in the last thread.

The fact she was surly and unrepentant when found by the Times journo seems to have marked her card for life. I didn't see any outrage about Shakil when her documentary aired, only some comments about how she'd had lip fillers and botox since getting out of prison. She took her kid to join the caliphate and there are propaganda photos of her and the child with guns as well as evidence of her recruiting others via twitter.

Other than some hearsay about Begum I haven't seen anything like that as proof of her crimes in Syria. In the documentary when she sounds like a moody teenager saying she doesn't understand why she's being treated differently, I can almost see what she means.

Don't yet me wrong, I find everything about Daesh abhorrent. I'd just like to see all those who joined being treated the same, not some being used as a political pinata while others move on with their lives and try to become bleeping influencers.
I thought there was intelligence that the British state decided to keep confidential? Maybe it’s to protect her family if her full crimes were made public? High court judges were very quick to back up the gov, makes me think there’s a lot we don’t know.

Reactions: 3
It's the same "intelligence" that is used to strip search children and stop boys in the street and search them I'd imagine.
They don't worry about criminals families when they are exposing criminals any other time....

• Angry
It's the same "intelligence" that is used to strip search children and stop boys in the street and search them I'd imagine.
They don't worry about criminals families when they are exposing criminals any other time....
Depending on the crime, they most certainly do hold back information if it makes someone a target….How did the latest court case go?

I thought there was intelligence that the British state decided to keep confidential? Maybe it’s to protect her family if her full crimes were made public? High court judges were very quick to back up the gov, makes me think there’s a lot we don’t know.
OK, the intelligence which led the then home secretary, Sajid Javid, to remove her citizenship is still "classified". So this Tory government is effectively saying "trust us, bro".

Can you really not see why that might be a problem?

There has been no sign of them worrying about and protecting the families of Salman Abedi, Usman Khan, Khuram Shazad Butt, Rachid Redouane, Youssef Zaghba etc. To think they are concerned with protecting the families of terrorists is frankly laughable.

I do know the most recent tribunals found that there was "credible evidence" that she, as a child, had been trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation. But yeah, let's continue to support stripping a British citizen of her citizenship and making her someone else's problem. And if she's as heinous as you say she is, yeah, let's not lock her up on British soil where we can keep tabs on her, let's let her stay in an insecure compound from where other terror suspects have already escaped, and see how that pans out

• Heart
Reactions: 8
OK, the intelligence which led the then home secretary, Sajid Javid, to remove her citizenship is still "classified". So this Tory government is effectively saying "trust us, bro".

Can you really not see why that might be a problem?

There has been no sign of them worrying about and protecting the families of Salman Abedi, Usman Khan, Khuram Shazad Butt, Rachid Redouane, Youssef Zaghba etc. To think they are concerned with protecting the families of terrorists is frankly laughable.

I do know the most recent tribunals found that there was "credible evidence" that she, as a child, had been trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation. But yeah, let's continue to support stripping a British citizen of her citizenship and making her someone else's problem. And if she's as heinous as you say she is, yeah, let's not lock her up on British soil where we can keep tabs on her, let's let her stay in an insecure compound from where other terror suspects have already escaped, and see how that pans out
They’d need evidence to convict her in a British court, I’d doubt any would exist beyond the intelligence they have on her?? How would they secure a conviction?

They’d need evidence to convict her in a British court, I’d doubt any would exist beyond the intelligence they have on her?? How would they secure a conviction?
She admitted to travelling to join a prescribed terrorist organisation. They don't need any more than that.

She admitted to travelling to join a prescribed terrorist organisation. They don't need any more than that.
Yes they do! There’s plenty of known terrorists walking about but they can’t be touched without concrete evidence to convict them.

Yes they do! There’s plenty of known terrorists walking about but they can’t be touched without concrete evidence to convict them.
I'm sorry, but if you think Shamima Begum would not be sent to prison if she came back to the UK, then I don't know what to tell you. Even Begum herself has said she knows that will happen.

What do you think about other wives of Isis who have returned to the UK and are having a nice life? Is it just Begum you have an issue with?

I'm sorry, but if you think Shamima Begum would not be sent to prison if she came back to the UK, then I don't know what to tell you. Even Begum herself has said she knows that will happen.

What do you think about other wives of Isis who have returned to the UK and are having a nice life? Is it just Begum you have an issue with?
They should’ve rotted in the bed they made for themselves, why should normal law abiding citizens be put at risk 🙄 I don’t agree with wasting taxpayers money on security threats…Her prison sentence would be very short, usually halved for good behaviour…They’re bringing their kids back to be adopted even though they’re not British citizens and have relatives that want to look after them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
If they had the 'intelligence' to take away her citizenship, then surely they would have the evidence to convict her.

I have no issue with us looking after innocent children who have been born in horrible circumstances. They may have family who want to look after them, but are they safe?