Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
This case is so crazy and I genuinely don’t know what to believe anymore.
I think the only solution really is for her to be tried and imprisoned for her crimes (if found guilty of any) in Syria, and then she should come back to the UK and be dealt with here.
Despite what she has done, I just can’t get my head around the idea of taking away the citizenship from a naturally born British citizen and leaving them stateless either. I don’t think it’s fair to make her the lifelong problem of any other country, she was born and radicalized in Britain, therefore she is Britain’s problem to deal with.

Reactions: 22

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
So these children were born in a war zone with little access to sanitation or healthcare, they were starving and malnourished and people really think it’s sus that they died? 🙄

Reactions: 19

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Latest appeal rejected on all counts.

They will "fight on" apparently. I would be fascinated to know who is funding these endless appeals.

For the moment at least though I will just say this.

Rot in your own consequences terrorist. And religious bigot.

Reactions: 19

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’m on the episode of her losing her citizenship and damn the journalists really behaved wrongly imo
You can say it’s for public interest all you want, but there should be some respect to not interview someone after they have given birth or record the live reaction of her finding out she’s lost her citizenship

Reactions: 17

Moley1

Chatty Member
How many appeals is this terrorist going to be funded??? Probably many more until the answer is yes!
Has it been proven that she is actually a “terrorist”? She should be given her British citizenship back and be tried in a British court of law. If she is found guilty then she should be sentenced. She is our problem, not someone to be used as a political pawn to placate the gammons in our society. No one should be stateless. We were all born and raised somewhere. It is not for a politician to decide that you no longer belong where you were born and raised. Nor people on social media for that matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

veevee04

VIP Member
I've seen some people report misogyny she was 15 a child. Shamima wasn't a passive little wife she sewed people into suicide vests and had an active role. She learnt how to use weapons. She was complicit in sexual enslavement of minority women whos only crime they didn't follow the same religion. Shamima chose to travel to Syria from a safe country to join a medieval cult. The yadizi women were brutally oppressed with no choice. shamimas choices are her own she made her bed fucking lie in it. She's a traitor and pure evil. I'd back death by firing squad.

Reactions: 14

Salted Caramel

Chatty Member
It is hard to justify why she's being treated like this compared to some of the others, like that woman whose Instagram I linked in the last thread.

The fact she was surly and unrepentant when found by the Times journo seems to have marked her card for life. I didn't see any outrage about Shakil when her documentary aired, only some comments about how she'd had lip fillers and botox since getting out of prison. She took her kid to join the caliphate and there are propaganda photos of her and the child with guns as well as evidence of her recruiting others via twitter.

Other than some hearsay about Begum I haven't seen anything like that as proof of her crimes in Syria. In the documentary when she sounds like a moody teenager saying she doesn't understand why she's being treated differently, I can almost see what she means.

Don't yet me wrong, I find everything about Daesh abhorrent. I'd just like to see all those who joined being treated the same, not some being used as a political pinata while others move on with their lives and try to become fucking influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
Absolutely she should not be allowed to enter the UK. The terrorist group she joined targets western countries like ours.

At 15 years of age, you are naive to an extent, impressionable and easily manipulated. BUT you know right from wrong and you know killing people is wrong. John Venables was younger than her when he killed Jamie Boulger. He faced the consequences and so should she.
Neither of the perpetrators of that crime had their citizenship revoked. Shamima has had a worse punishment imposed on her, without trial, and there is no evidence she did anything worse than join a terrorist group.
Yes, that's bad, but it's not on the same level as abducting and murdering a toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

sazzles88

What does this really say about children who were 15 or likely 14 when they were groomed? Old enough so you deserve what you get and we will take away your citizenship. Ridiculous.

She should be brought back and face a trial for what she has done when she left. Terrifying that just because she's brown they can take her citizenship away.

Salted Caramel

Chatty Member
Those of you in the camp of "we should never allow her back":

I'm curious, what do you think about the fact we have taken other 'isis brides' back, tried them, incarcerated them, released them, and they now live amongst us as someone's neighbour?

Yel

Chatty Member
I feel like her and prince harry have a lot in common with their moaning about the media. They should do a podcast together.

• Haha

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
I’m on the episode of her losing her citizenship and damn the journalists really behaved wrongly imo
You can say it’s for public interest all you want, but there should be some respect to not interview someone after they have given birth or record the live reaction of her finding out she’s lost her citizenship
Yes. Very exploitative.

I think the podcast is phenomenal. Excellent and thorough reporting.

• Heart

Moth

VIP Member
It is perhaps worth repeating that one of the reasons that she is able to continue to appeal is that the government chose to change the law so that citizenship is removed at the discretion of The Home Secretary without any due process before it takes place. When this change was introduced one of the concerns expressed by Parliament was that it would be used to deprive people of their citizenship while they were abroad thus making it extremely difficult to challenge the decision. The Home Secretary at the time, one Theresa May assured Parliament that such a power would be used only rarely and that any decision to deprive citizenship would have the right of appeal through UK courts with legal aid if appropriate. In fact deprivation of citizenship of people while abroad has been used rather a lot. It's also worth pointing out that plenty of people have been deprived of citizenship and challenged the decision trough the various courts but these rarely attract any interest in the media.

It's always interesting to read comments that other people should be denied due process or have their rights curtailed.

LouBug19

VIP Member
It's scary how many people are defending her online. Yes I understand she was 15 but it was the fact she was talking about things she had seen so casually and trying to justify the Manchester attacks. This was recently too.

Reactions: 10

Moth

VIP Member
How many appeals should we fund? ..
The number that she is entitled to until she has exhausted the appropriate legal process for the issues involved. In this case Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court and possibly the European Court of Human Rights. Same as anybody else.

Reactions: 10

monga

VIP Member
They’ve dismissed her appeal.
Shocking if they allow more money to be wasted on this case .

Reactions: 8