Shamima Begum #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you feel safe with her living next door to you? She could go to one of the countries that ISIS has not targeted. Dubai is close to Syria and I don't believe they have been targeted.
Are you for real 😭? Why would Dubai take her in?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Like I said it will only derail but I’ll give you this link you’re free to check out the atrocious commited by the British state and their new legacy bill that tries to get rid of ECHR interference
See, wasn't so hard

Not entirely sure that makes your original statement true but I suspect it's a pointless conversation
---
Are you for real 😭? Why would Dubai take her in?
The suggestion seems to be that she should go seek asylum? I'm sure that would go down well with everyone...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The suggestion seems to be that she should go seek asylum? I'm sure that would go down well with everyone...
Lmfao imagine her living it up in Dubai with a new influencer lifestyle 🤣!
Come on people, sensible suggestions only pls 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
See, wasn't so hard

Not entirely sure that makes your original statement true but I suspect it's a pointless conversation
---

I’ve no idea why you keep asking for proof then disregard it, I know my statement is true as do the families and legal representatives have have been fighting these cases for years.
Keep on living in cloud cuckoo land 🦄🍭😂
---

---

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve no idea why you keep asking for proof then disregard it, I know my statement is true as do the families and legal representatives have have been fighting these cases for years.
Keep on living in cloud cuckoo land 🦄🍭😂
---
View attachment 2009408
---
Clip 1: experienced lawyer
Clip 2: experienced lawyer who will be the next PM if he avoids any major mishaps

Not hard to see why he changed tact. It's not because he's suddenly scared of Shamima.

Clip 1: experienced lawyer
Clip 2: experienced lawyer who will be the next PM if he avoids any major mishaps

Not hard to see why he changed tact. It's not because he's suddenly scared of Shamima.
I thought Labour could comfortably sit with their feet up and a G&T in hand as nobody could make as much mess as the Conservatives no matter what they did??

Lmfao imagine her living it up in Dubai with a new influencer lifestyle 🤣!
Come on people, sensible suggestions only pls 💀
The Government will ignore her and her case for as long as possible in the hope the issue goes away. I think she'll pop up in the media a few times a years but that's about it

Those of you in the camp of "we should never allow her back":

I'm curious, what do you think about the fact we have taken other 'isis brides' back, tried them, incarcerated them, released them, and they now live amongst us as someone's neighbour?

Reactions: 11
Those of you in the camp of "we should never allow her back":

I'm curious, what do you think about the fact we have taken other 'isis brides' back, tried them, incarcerated them, released them, and they now live amongst us as someone's neighbour?
Maybe they’re rehabilitated and no longer classed as a threat by intel.

Maybe they’re rehabilitated and no longer classed as a threat by intel.
Or they just can't be made stateless because they don't have a claim to a second nationality.
---
I stumbled across a petition from 2019 which was asking the government to strip the citizenship of anyone that had travelled to Syria. It got enough signatures to be debated in Parliament. I have copied the government's response below but it seems to me its basically as I suspected:

Plan a: remove citizenship if they are dual national
Plan b: manage risk and consider criminal proceedings

Are there any other dual nationals on this thread? Or anyone who may have a claim to one? It's a two tier system.

British citizenship can be removed if it does not render the individual stateless. Any risk posed by those who return from Syria will be managed and they may be investigated for criminal offences.

The Government’s priority is to do everything we can to help keep our country safe, including managing the risk posed by those who have gone to fight in Syria and Iraq and may be linked to terrorist organisations.
UK nationals have the right to return to the country, but anyone who does return from taking part in the conflict in Syria or Iraq will be investigated by the police and prosecuted where there is evidence that they have committed criminal offences.

The Home Secretary has the power to remove or ‘deprive’ a British national’s citizenship and stop them from returning to the UK if they hold or are eligible to hold another nationality and if he assesses that individual’s presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good. This may only happen if the person would not be left stateless as a result. This power has been used against those who travelled to fight overseas. Non-UK nationals can be excluded from the country.

Where it is not possible to deprive an individual of their British nationality, a range of powers are available to protect national security.

There have already been several successful prosecutions for those who have returned from Syria. This includes the minimum of 40 years for Khalid Ali who was sentenced earlier this year for planning a terrorist attack in Westminster.

In addition to seeking prosecution of terrorism suspects we use a range of tools to manage the threat posed. We impose travel restrictions for individuals subject to Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures, and require those individuals who return to the UK subject to a Temporary Exclusion Order, to report to a police station regularly.

Home Office

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
What does this really say about children who were 15 or likely 14 when they were groomed? Old enough so you deserve what you get and we will take away your citizenship. Ridiculous.

She should be brought back and face a trial for what she has done when she left. Terrifying that just because she's brown they can take her citizenship away.

Reactions: 11
What makes Begum different? Can she not be rehabilitated? How did they know the ones already processed would be?
I was thinking about this yesterday randomly when that one woman popped up in my mind

I wonder if the simple difference is that Shamima didn’t have the opportunity to make her own way back to the UK. Had she rocked up at the airport there would have been no option but to deal with her. Unless we have deported citizens who came back?

What makes Begum different? Can she not be rehabilitated? How did they know the ones already processed would be?
Probably with the intelligence gathered and how far into the organisation they’d ingrained themselves? She seemed to be in a high enough position to carry a firearm so obviously a trusted position?
This is the reality of the organisation she joined and lived within for years, there’s something wrong with people that can defend this and find it attractive imo.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Her issue is that she became famous. Wrong time wrong place. I bet her family are kicking themselves for all that publicity her running away generated back in the day. If she was a nobody, she’d be back in U.K.

Reactions: 5
Or they just can't be made stateless because they don't have a claim to a second nationality.
---
I stumbled across a petition from 2019 which was asking the government to strip the citizenship of anyone that had travelled to Syria. It got enough signatures to be debated in Parliament. I have copied the government's response below but it seems to me its basically as I suspected:

Plan a: remove citizenship if they are dual national
Plan b: manage risk and consider criminal proceedings

Are there any other dual nationals on this thread? Or anyone who may have a claim to one? It's a two tier system.

British citizenship can be removed if it does not render the individual stateless. Any risk posed by those who return from Syria will be managed and they may be investigated for criminal offences.

The Government’s priority is to do everything we can to help keep our country safe, including managing the risk posed by those who have gone to fight in Syria and Iraq and may be linked to terrorist organisations.
UK nationals have the right to return to the country, but anyone who does return from taking part in the conflict in Syria or Iraq will be investigated by the police and prosecuted where there is evidence that they have committed criminal offences.

The Home Secretary has the power to remove or ‘deprive’ a British national’s citizenship and stop them from returning to the UK if they hold or are eligible to hold another nationality and if he assesses that individual’s presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good. This may only happen if the person would not be left stateless as a result. This power has been used against those who travelled to fight overseas. Non-UK nationals can be excluded from the country.

Where it is not possible to deprive an individual of their British nationality, a range of powers are available to protect national security.

There have already been several successful prosecutions for those who have returned from Syria. This includes the minimum of 40 years for Khalid Ali who was sentenced earlier this year for planning a terrorist attack in Westminster.

In addition to seeking prosecution of terrorism suspects we use a range of tools to manage the threat posed. We impose travel restrictions for individuals subject to Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures, and require those individuals who return to the UK subject to a Temporary Exclusion Order, to report to a police station regularly.

Home Office

I’m duel national but never applied for a British passport 😂

No one will take her. She will end up back here eventually I'm sure. Possibly undocumented as no one is keeping tabs on her except the Kurds and they keep saying they can't do it much longer.
This. Just this 100 times. She will end up back here, undocumented, maybe doing all the things this thread accuses her with no one knowing.
She should come back and be punished.

Reactions: 7