Shamima Begum #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not directly to do with Begum, but if you've not watched this it's worth viewing

The first series of the podcast had this accompanying documentary. Hearing from Matthew and little Aham is heartbreaking.

Panorama, Return from ISIS: A Family’s Story: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000pr81 via @bbciplayer

Reactions: 3
I feel like her and prince harry have a lot in common with their moaning about the media. They should do a podcast together.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
BBC News - Friend who inspired Shamima Begum to join IS mocks her as non-believer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65031943

This scoop is why Josh Baker's podcast was delayed a week, he found Sharmeena. She's still with ISIS and fundraising for them. She describes Shamina as being a follower, and "only going to Syria because her friends did".

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m on the episode of her losing her citizenship and damn the journalists really behaved wrongly imo
You can say it’s for public interest all you want, but there should be some respect to not interview someone after they have given birth or record the live reaction of her finding out she’s lost her citizenship

Reactions: 17
I’m on the episode of her losing her citizenship and damn the journalists really behaved wrongly imo
You can say it’s for public interest all you want, but there should be some respect to not interview someone after they have given birth or record the live reaction of her finding out she’s lost her citizenship
Yes. Very exploitative.

I think the podcast is phenomenal. Excellent and thorough reporting.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes. Very exploitative.

I think the podcast is phenomenal. Excellent and thorough reporting.

Long time lurker on the thread but had to come on to agree. An incredible piece of journalism - as is the first series.

Reactions: 7
All too easy for these people to move about and plan attacks right under the nose of authority.If Begum was to return the focus would be on her and not her sympathisers .

What's the podcast please? X
I'm not a Monster is the podcast, series 2 (the current one) is about Shamima Begum. The previous was about a similar case involving an American woman.

The investigative journalist, Josh Baker, also did a TV doc to compliment the podcast

The Shamima Begum Story:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j079

And the TV doc for series one of the podcast is here:

Panorama, Return from ISIS: A Family’s Story:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000pr81

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Listen to podcast before the documentary because it’s so much more in depth.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel like her and prince harry have a lot in common with their moaning about the media. They should do a podcast together.
Thus sounds like an episode of black mirror, and in 2023 probably entirely possible 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What type of sentence will they give him 🙄
https://news.sky.com/story/shabazz-...tion-pleads-guilty-to-terror-offence-12856954Shabazz Suleman: British IS recruit who claimed he spent time in Syria 'on Playstation' pleads guilty to terror offence
---
Probably something like this!

Apparently its a three day hearing. I wonder if we'll get much insight or if it'll be under wraps till the decision is made.
Doesn’t seem to be much news coverage, I only caught it because my phones on Google and it gives me news articles , maybe they’ll wait till the verdict as there doesn’t seem to be much to add to what we already know?

How many appeals is this terrorist going to be funded??? Probably many more until the answer is yes!

Reactions: 4