Shamima Begum #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not much happening but I thought I better make a new one. No doubt her next legal challenge isn't far off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5
Not much happening but I thought I better make a new one. No doubt her next legal challenge isn't far off.
Did not even know she had a thread here! I’m not entirely sure what she can do at this point. After the last verdict I’m fairly sure any judge would just throw out her case.

Reactions: 2
This case is so crazy and I genuinely don’t know what to believe anymore.
I think the only solution really is for her to be tried and imprisoned for her crimes (if found guilty of any) in Syria, and then she should come back to the UK and be dealt with here.
Despite what she has done, I just can’t get my head around the idea of taking away the citizenship from a naturally born British citizen and leaving them stateless either. I don’t think it’s fair to make her the lifelong problem of any other country, she was born and radicalized in Britain, therefore she is Britain’s problem to deal with.

Reactions: 22
Did not even know she had a thread here! I’m not entirely sure what she can do at this point. After the last verdict I’m fairly sure any judge would just throw out her case.
I agree at this point. But what next? She is essentially stateless and the Kurdish forces can't or won't hold her forever. I think she'll end up back here eventually, but likely it'll be left to the next government to make the unpopular decision.
---
This case is so crazy and I genuinely don’t know what to believe anymore.
I think the only solution really is for her to be tried and imprisoned for her crimes (if found guilty of any) in Syria, and then she should come back to the UK and be dealt with here.
Despite what she has done, I just can’t get my head around the idea of taking away the citizenship from a naturally born British citizen and leaving them stateless either. I don’t think it’s fair to make her the lifelong problem of any other country, she was born and radicalized in Britain, therefore she is Britain’s problem to deal with.
Agree 100%. I don't like her but I don't think it's fair to dump her on the Kurds to deal with. She's a British problem unfortunately.

Reactions: 5
It is hard to justify why she's being treated like this compared to some of the others, like that woman whose Instagram I linked in the last thread.

The fact she was surly and unrepentant when found by the Times journo seems to have marked her card for life. I didn't see any outrage about Shakil when her documentary aired, only some comments about how she'd had lip fillers and botox since getting out of prison. She took her kid to join the caliphate and there are propaganda photos of her and the child with guns as well as evidence of her recruiting others via twitter.

Other than some hearsay about Begum I haven't seen anything like that as proof of her crimes in Syria. In the documentary when she sounds like a moody teenager saying she doesn't understand why she's being treated differently, I can almost see what she means.

Don't yet me wrong, I find everything about Daesh abhorrent. I'd just like to see all those who joined being treated the same, not some being used as a political pinata while others move on with their lives and try to become bleeping influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Because we’ve discussed the kids deaths before, in the podcast they touch on it and the following happened/contributed to their deaths:
- at first there was a lot of food and they had money, ISIS was still strong
- ISIS started losing control in Raqqa, the fighting became intense and it affected the amount of food and money people had - hence why by 2019 there are reports of malnourished children and mothers in hospitals
- her husband says that they also didn’t have money to buy any food, they used to make soup from the chaff that was leftover from cereals being used to make bread and Shamima would boil some of the plants that they found outside
- Shamima stopped producing breast milk which her youngest (a boy) was depending on as he was too young to eat
- the daughter got so skinny that she couldn’t stand up at one point

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Because we’ve discussed the kids deaths before, in the podcast they touch on it and the following happened/contributed to their deaths:
- at first there was a lot of food and they had money, ISIS was still strong
- ISIS started losing control in Raqqa, the fighting became intense and it affected the amount of food and money people had - hence why by 2019 there are reports of malnourished children and mothers in hospitals
- her husband says that they also didn’t have money to buy any food, they used to make soup from the chaff that was leftover from cereals being used to make bread and Shamima would boil some of the plants that they found outside
- Shamima stopped producing breast milk which her youngest (a boy) was depending on as he was too young to eat
- the daughter got so skinny that she couldn’t stand up at one point
He was 8 months , not too young for solid food.

She looked better nourished back then than she does now, as does her husband.
Not sure how you made this conclusion given that her whole body was covered and the face seems to hold up pretty well when malnourished

I don’t think there’s any pictures of her husband given that he was arrested the moment they left ISIS territory

Reactions: 6
Not sure how you made this conclusion given that her whole body was covered and the face seems to hold up pretty well when malnourished

I don’t think there’s any pictures of her husband given that he was arrested the moment they left ISIS territory
His interviews from a few years ago from prison…her face looked quite plump compared to now .

He was 8 months , not too young for solid food.
Babies can start eating solids from 4-6 months but they are dependent on milk as their main source of nutrition until they are a year old.
---
His interviews from a few years ago from prison…her face looked quite plump compared to now .
When she was 9 months pregnant?

Babies can start eating solids from 4-6 months but they are dependent on milk as their main source of nutrition until they are a year old.
---

When she was 9 months pregnant?
No pics from when she was carrying her daughter in her arms.
She said the doctors couldn’t give her a cause of death, surely a medical professional could diagnose malnutrition if the child was skin and bone.

Reactions: 1
No pics from when she was carrying her daughter in her arms.
She said the doctors couldn’t give her a cause of death, surely a medical professional could diagnose malnutrition if the child was skin and bone.
What point are you trying to make, that she killed her previous children? Or that they never existed?

Reactions: 4
What point are you trying to make, that she killed her previous children? Or that they never existed?
Nobody seems to know the answer to that, including her husband.
The babies went to bed and never woke up…

Reactions: 3