Sex And The City & And Just Like That #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How annoying was Carrie about the Paris trip? Like why did she have to act like a petulant five year old because her friends (with their own adult lives) couldn’t drop everything for her.. and when Miranda couldn’t, she just sacked off Charlotte to have a strop?! It was so SATC Carrie in the vein of asking them to buy her apartment. What a douche

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I am annoyed that most of Chris Noth’s scenes were dropped - when there appears to be no police investigation against him. How can that be fair?

I would go as far to say that there was anti semitism running through this series. Bizarre stereotypes and inappropriate “jokes”.

I found Charlotte unwatchable. A ridiculous character that was almost cartoon-like.

Why are the children all brats?

Why would it be believable that Samantha won’t have a telephone conversation with Carrie, even when her husband has just died? Daft!

Reactions: 52
I am annoyed that most of Chris Noth’s scenes were dropped - when there appears to be no police investigation against him. How can that be fair?

I would go as far to say that there was anti semitism running through this series. Bizarre stereotypes and inappropriate “jokes”.

I found Charlotte unwatchable. A ridiculous character that was almost cartoon-like.

Why are the children all brats?

Why would it be believable that Samantha won’t have a telephone conversation with Carrie, even when her husband has just died? Daft!
It's not anti-semitism if the writers are Jewish. /sarcasm but the some of the writers are actually Jewish.

Writer and director Michael Patrick King (non-Jewish) and executive producers Elisa Zuritsky (Jewish) and Julie Rottenberg (Jewish) joined by writers Samantha Irby, Rachna Fruchbom, and Keli Goff - unknown whether Jewish or not. But I did want to enlighten everyone on the below facts about MPK.

I was surprised because from the way he speaks in the podcasts it's like he's the co-creator of SATC and he was the main writer. However, if you also have time to waste and look at the epidodes in IMDB one-by-one, you'll see that he was involved in about 1/5th to 1/4th of the total. I don't know if his contribution was large behind the scenes.

I also noticed he was more active after season 4 and he was involved in the last episodes and the two films.

Now, he was a co-writer and he also directed episodes he co-wrote, the ones I'm mentioning below are ones in which he was a co-writer, and I thought I'd share the recycled storylines I've noticed.

Bay of Married Pigs

- Miranda's boss wants to add a "gay couple" to his social circle.

- Carrie has a stayover in friends' house and the husband walks naked in the house for no real reason other than for the viewer to view his penis.

Oh Come All Ye Faithful

- Carrie stalks Big when he goes to Church with his mother, causes scene, gets embarassed.

Cover Girl

- Samantha offers to do Carrie's PR for lunch and a martini (not a recycled storyline but a middle finger to the viewers of AJLT by the co-writer).

- Carrie walks in Samantha's office while she gives a blow job to the UPS guy.

By the way, if you go to IMDB's page for SATC 2 you'll see that he won the "Hall of Shame" award and was a nominee to the "Sexist Pig Award" by the Alliance of Women Film Journalists, and he was nominated for a Razzie Award for "Worst Director" and "Worst Screenplay"!

I read a recent article in which he gaslights the audience and essentially accused us of being media illiterate, as if we couldn't possibly understand good tv. All in response of the criticisms of the show. He seems like the equivalent of a guy with a gigantic truck compensating for a tiny penis 😡

1644029327701.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone said they think Harry will have cancer if there’s a S2. I don’t think he will. I think cancer is just another punchline to the AJLT writers. It’s been referred to twice this series in the context of a ‘joke’ i.e Charlotte cancelling his colonoscopy for a dinner party and checking his dick for cancer when she was giving him a blow job. It’s nothing more than a throwaway line to these people like the holocaust.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I was surprised because from the way he speaks in the podcasts it's like he's the co-creator of SATC and he was the main writer. However, if you also have time to waste and look at the epidodes in IMDB one-by-one, you'll see that he was involved in about 1/5th to 1/4th of the total. I don't know if his contribution was large behind the scenes.
He was the showrunner, so yes, of course he was important!

It's common for American TV series to have large teams of writers. The showrunner does not write that many scripts personally, but they do revise all scripts. To say he was only involved in 1/5th of the episodes is wildly wrong.

MPK still had ultimate creative control over both SATC & AJLT. The storylines would be chosen by him in advance, and he would have had final approval over the scripts.

Reactions: 4
Aw I’m a bit sad it’s finished because I’ll miss these threads. Though if sky can show the doc then I guess there’ll be further discussion on that.

Miranda continued to be the worst in the last episode and the writers even sent Brady away so she could happily follow Che to LA 🙄 Also thanks to these threads all I could see was her teeth whenever she was on screen.

Anthony gave me a good few laughs, the rest meh.

Reactions: 13
He was the showrunner, so yes, of course he was important!

It's common for American TV series to have large teams of writers. The showrunner does not write that many scripts personally, but they do revise all scripts. To say he was only involved in 1/5th of the episodes is wildly wrong.

MPK still had ultimate creative control over both SATC & AJLT. The storylines would be chosen by him in advance, and he would have had final approval over the scripts.
Darren Star was the creator but agreed MPK had creative control for sure to the point where he ganged up on Kim Cattrall with the other ladies.

I personally think Kim Cattrall was the star of the show and I am glad she didn't do this cringefest i.e. AJLT. Check these TikToks out. bleeping hilarious 😂 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Darren Star was the creator but agreed MPK had creative control for sure to the point where he ganged up on Kim Cattrall with the other ladies.
Darren Star was the creator. Michael Patrick King was the showrunner. Star was less involved as the series continued, to the point that he has said on the record that he didn't agree with the "happily ever after" ending.

Reactions: 5
Darren Star was the creator. Michael Patrick King was the showrunner. Star was less involved as the series continued, to the point that he has said on the record that he didn't agree with the "happily ever after" ending.
Darren Star had the good sense to move onto Emily in Paris - a show with organic diverse characters, good fashion and an ability to laugh at itself (oh and a middle-aged woman who is stylish and isn't suffering from every cliched ailment the young writers can come up with!).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I semi enjoyed the finale. Did not enjoy ghost lamp or che singing.
loved loved loved the final look! Agree with others this thread has been the best part of the series!

Reactions: 5

Yel

HBO and/or Sky must be paying the daily mail for all the articles they publish - it's obvious enough with them enabling pre-moderation on articles and the shoutout the show gave the brand.

Focusing in on Anothony in today's article. I don't think anyone would disagree with having more of him (and consequently less of just about everyone else).

Trying to drum up interest with a will they won't they come back? Spoiler alert: they will.

If they were smart they'd ditch all the scenes of the three of them together and always have Anthony or Seema.

Cantone already has a few ideas in mind for his character, Anthony, if they all return, and they involve his relationships with the three main ladies in his life: Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte.

'I hope I'm still in Carrie's life, in Charlotte's life and I hope to be in Miranda's life more too, since she has had a shift in her life' Cantone explained.

'I hope that the business continues. I would love to meet somebody, you know, a man that I can have a relationship with whether it works out or not. I'd like a little bit more.'

Reactions: 4
Someone said they think Harry will have cancer if there’s a S2. I don’t think he will. I think cancer is just another punchline to the AJLT writers. It’s been referred to twice this series in the context of a ‘joke’ i.e Charlotte cancelling his colonoscopy for a dinner party and checking his dick for cancer when she was giving him a blow job. It’s nothing more than a throwaway line to these people like the holocaust.
I don't think so either, they never mentioned cancer in relation to Harry, just a colonoscopy, which privileged Americans have as part of their healthcare package

Edit - sorry, I forgot about the fake dick cancer but not to worry, that was his rubber penis, his real one is fine 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I personally think Kim Cattrall was the star of the show and I am glad she didn't do this cringefest i.e. AJLT. Check these TikToks out. bleeping hilarious 😂 🤣

These are better than the show! 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Saw this in an article about the lack of Aidan, and I must say I was quite surprised.

But there were always undertones of control and distrust plaguing Carrie and Aidan, who clashed over her smoking, cheating, abortion, fashion, and commitment as well as his chattiness and rustic Suffern, NY cabin.

I know their relationship had problems, but it was mainly her not being over Big. They make it sound like a dumpster fire!

Reactions: 12
Saw this in an article about the lack of Aidan, and I must say I was quite surprised.

But there were always undertones of control and distrust plaguing Carrie and Aidan, who clashed over her smoking, cheating, abortion, fashion, and commitment as well as his chattiness and rustic Suffern, NY cabin.

I know their relationship had problems, but it was mainly her not being over Big. They make it sound like a dumpster fire!
I liked Carrie with Aidan. I thought their relationship was far more realistic than hers with Big. She argued with Aidan whereas she seemed like she was always playing a part and trying to impress Big. There were narcissistic and codependent undertones with Big, and the same with Berger.

Reactions: 11
I think for series 2 they should just drop Miranda and Charlotte and have Carrie, Seema, LTW and Seema as a tight nit group of four. That would improve the whole thing 100%.

Reactions: 9
I think for series 2 they should just drop Miranda and Charlotte and have Carrie, Seema, LTW and Seema as a tight nit group of four. That would improve the whole thing 100%.
And if Char does have to come back, can she have her original face please? Also, can she drop the OTT Jewish mother act? Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just caught up on the last episode…I have to say, for all its faults it did leave me with slightly emotional and a warm fuzzy feeling 😅 I liked the way they insinuated an afterlife with the lamp, I thought that was quite sweet but then I do like Woo 😂 I’m confused about the they mitzvah though…so did Charlotte have a bat mitzvah in the end for herself because Rock didn’t want to do it? And when Carrie was on the bridge at the end I thought the lamp behind her would flicker on and off too 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.