Sex And The City & And Just Like That #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up on the last episode…I have to say, for all its faults it did leave me with slightly emotional and a warm fuzzy feeling 😅 I liked the way they insinuated an afterlife with the lamp, I thought that was quite sweet but then I do like Woo 😂 I’m confused about the they mitzvah though…so did Charlotte have a bat mitzvah in the end for herself because Rock didn’t want to do it? And when Carrie was on the bridge at the end I thought the lamp behind her would flicker on and off too 🥺
Yes it was nice they insinuated that, until Twatranda took a massive tit over Carrie (grieving widow) and Charlotte’s (religious and about to throw a Bat Mitzvah) beliefs. Utter thundercunt

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Just caught up on the last episode…I have to say, for all its faults it did leave me with slightly emotional and a warm fuzzy feeling 😅 I liked the way they insinuated an afterlife with the lamp, I thought that was quite sweet but then I do like Woo 😂 I’m confused about the they mitzvah though…so did Charlotte have a bat mitzvah in the end for herself because Rock didn’t want to do it? And when Carrie was on the bridge at the end I thought the lamp behind her would flicker on and off too 🥺
Yes to this. We are so emotionally attached to those girls!

Reactions: 3
Saw this in an article about the lack of Aidan, and I must say I was quite surprised.

But there were always undertones of control and distrust plaguing Carrie and Aidan, who clashed over her smoking, cheating, abortion, fashion, and commitment as well as his chattiness and rustic Suffern, NY cabin.

I know their relationship had problems, but it was mainly her not being over Big. They make it sound like a dumpster fire!
Also how can you “clash” over cheating?! Who would be okay with that??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel like I’m the only person in the world who wasn’t that keen on Aiden.

Reactions: 22
I didn’t like him either, but nor did I like big, I wonder if aiden had been rich like big she would have just ended up with him. Thinking about it I cannot think of anyone Carrie dated that I did like

Reactions: 10
I hope it doesn’t get a second season, purely because I want them to realise they can’t get away with tripe like this and expect to make money from it.

Silly thing that did niggle me - redheads tend to go white not grey* and it is very gradual as the red colour diminishes. They don’t go the cool grey colour that Miranda was sporting it would look much warmer.
Also at 55 she’d likely still be red, although less vibrant. My grandmother died at 60 and was still a redhead, just duller than her younger years.

*although I believe there is no such thing as grey hair, it’s just your natural hair colour mixed with white hair to give that illusion, hence why redheads don't have “grey” hair.

As I said, it was just a silly thing that niggled me.

Also why did Charlotte wear a dress that looked like a bridesmaid dress from the 1980s? 🤮

Reactions: 14
I hope it doesn’t get a second season, purely because I want them to realise they can’t get away with tripe like this and expect to make money from it.

Silly thing that did niggle me - redheads tend to go white not grey* and it is very gradual as the red colour diminishes. They don’t go the cool grey colour that Miranda was sporting it would look much warmer.
Also at 55 she’d likely still be red, although less vibrant. My grandmother died at 60 and was still a redhead, just duller than her younger years.

*although I believe there is no such thing as grey hair, it’s just your natural hair colour mixed with white hair to give that illusion, hence why redheads don't have “grey” hair.

Also why did Charlotte wear a dress that looked like a bridesmaid dress from the 1980s? 🤮
Agree about the hair thing, they are acting as if they are all in their 70s

Reactions: 7
Also why did Charlotte wear a dress that looked like a bridesmaid dress from the 1980s?
Somebody in the wardrobe department must really dislike her because all her clothes have been awful and at least a size too small (and I will reiterate, her figure is fabulous and is probably teeny tiny in real life but the clothes they’ve put her in have done nothing for her).

• Haha
Reactions: 19
HBO and/or Sky must be paying the daily mail for all the articles they publish - it's obvious enough with them enabling pre-moderation on articles and the shoutout the show gave the brand.

Focusing in on Anothony in today's article. I don't think anyone would disagree with having more of him (and consequently less of just about everyone else).

Trying to drum up interest with a will they won't they come back? Spoiler alert: they will.

If they were smart they'd ditch all the scenes of the three of them together and always have Anthony or Seema.

Cantone already has a few ideas in mind for his character, Anthony, if they all return, and they involve his relationships with the three main ladies in his life: Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte.

'I hope I'm still in Carrie's life, in Charlotte's life and I hope to be in Miranda's life more too, since she has had a shift in her life' Cantone explained.

'I hope that the business continues. I would love to meet somebody, you know, a man that I can have a relationship with whether it works out or not. I'd like a little bit more.'
Yeah defs paying them- do you remember Charlotte said she’d read something in the daily mail in one episode? :)

Reactions: 4
Somebody in the wardrobe department must really dislike her because all her clothes have been awful and at least a size too small (and I will reiterate, her figure is fabulous and is probably teeny tiny in real life but the clothes they’ve put her in have done nothing for her).
There must be some thought behind that 80s bridesmaid dress. I just don’t get it. But then I also kind of think it works in a way

Reactions: 2
M

Miranda was never a natural redhead "I guess anyone can be Irish with the right colourist"

• Wow
Reactions: 10

your comments about gray hair are scientifically wrong!!!

hair colour is made up of melanin - the same stuff that makes your skin the colour it is. Over time, as we age, the melanin production within the hair follicle starts to reduce. The hair starts to lighten, turning a white or grey colour. Red hair tends to lighten to a white/ash blonde colour. It’s not just mixed in with your natural colour, the hair does actually lighten.

Reactions: 9
I'm guessing Someone bulk ordered orange fabric 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel like I’m the only person in the world who wasn’t that keen on Aiden.
He was alright but he was an absolute doormat - continued to date Carrie after she said he was too available, took her back after she cheated numerous times with Big, got back with her when he knew he hasn't got over her cheating, let Big come stay at their cabin - like come on have some self respect.

Reactions: 16
I must admit I was never a mega fan of the original show. I would watch it if it was on but was probably just slightly too young for its heyday. I think that a lot of the problem was that it lacked structure. I feel like the original episodes had something running through them - someone has a problem/issue, they brunch or go out for drinks and talk and joke about said issue then there is some sort of follow up. I feel like things they would have joked about together (teenage girls not knowing how to use tampons etc) became things we had to see play out with just one woman.

I was expecting that we might see them talk about things that were relevant to their lives or that you'd expect. How does Miranda suddenly transition to having a whole load of sex with Che with seemingly no issue or questions over what she is doing after decades of sleeping with men? What about sexual health as a lesbian? What about Charlotte dealing with her children becoming adults when she's at an age when many women become less visible in society? Why did Miranda leave corporate law? Show that.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.