Sex And The City & And Just Like That #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also looks like they reshot the ashes scene entirely.

Same purse with a different outfit.

I will say I'm happy they wrote Noth out, the series would have been tainted otherwise. I don't think he's ever been a nice guy according to stories from ex's so better without him after his death.
Omg I guess this makes me an absolute dick but I’ll say it: I wish they hadn’t cut Big from AJLT. I feel totally robbed as a viewer of both this series and SATC, I want the story as it was intended, not some BS reshot version that makes about 50% sense and completely tramples on the Big/Carrie arc that has taken years to come to this point. Noth hasn’t even been charged and I am perfectly able to distinguish between him and a character he plays. I feel super cheated and just pissed off by the whole thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Really? I don't see it. They're not ugly but also (to me) not good looking either. Maybe you've been Che'd?

It’s a bit of a lesbian thing (although I’m bi) but like on the L word with Shane and Wentworth with Frankie. I used to have a girlfriend like Che, looked very similar, was a DJ so a mini celeb in the lesbo world…..then she went ridiculously needy. Was not expecting that! Turn off…..

Reactions: 3
Big revelation from the Documentary was that Michael Patrick King intended Nya Wallace (Law professor struggling with fertility) to be Miranda's love interest. Cynthia Nixon personally intervened stating it would be "boring" having two straight characters (Miranda and Nya) hook up, and pushed for Che to be the love interest.
This is so weird to me, and I‘m curious as to what other lesbian and bi women think.

My first relationship with a woman was also her first relationship with a woman. Obviously neither of us were straight, but it wasn‘t boring. I’m probably overthinking it, and Cynthia Nixon just wanted to have scenes with Sara Ramirez, but like others have said, Miranda and Nya could have been a really good storyline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg I guess this makes me an absolute dick but I’ll say it: I wish they hadn’t cut Big from AJLT. I feel totally robbed as a viewer of both this series and SATC, I want the story as it was intended, not some BS reshot version that makes about 50% sense and completely tramples on the Big/Carrie arc that has taken years to come to this point. Noth hasn’t even been charged and I am perfectly able to distinguish between him and a character he plays. I feel super cheated and just pissed off by the whole thing!
I completely agree - they could have simply put a trigger warning up for those who are wouldn’t want to see Noth.

Reactions: 7
There were a lot of bad points to this series, but to me the absolute worst and most ridiculous storyline was the Rose one. Wasn’t keen on Miranda and Che but Rose topped it for me.
As far as Che being attractive, maybe if the eyebrows didn’t look like she was constantly shocked might look better? And didn’t have tit hair and tit clothes?
I actually thought Carrie was a lot less annoying this series than the old.
I’m a huge SATC fan and I will watch if another season if only because of that.
Chris Noth has deleted pics off his Instagram with SJP in, he had a few and now they are all gone.
Wish they had kept his scenes in.
I have a recollection of seeing pictures of Carrie and Big in a horse drawn carriage in Central Park. So that must have been one of the deleted scenes.
I’m actually sad it’s over, as tit as it was overall.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If there’s a S2 I think that Harry may actually have cancer and Charlotte will become his carer while he is ill/dying. It’s a situation that many people find themselves in as they get older. Carrie’s husband had a sudden death, but there’s also the longer drawn out illness and the effect on the whole family that could be used as a storyline.
A bit morbid I know! But why would they even mention cancer then brush over it so quickly if not to bring it back up later on 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What the hell was the point of this LTW character? She was announced by Charlotte in the first episode like this big deal person so I thought she'd be a major character with a good storyline but she was so pointless! If she wasn't in it the whole series wouldn't really be any different, all she did was play tennis with Charlotte and be part of a few meaningless conversations. At least with Nya it makes sense now why her storyline was tit if she was originally meant to be Miranda's love interest. And with Seema at least she had a recurring storyline about being perpetually single and was fun to watch. Sure this LTW was stunning but other than that... Wtf?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.